Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber scottab96's Avatar

Default Changing Content Purchased

Hoping someone can help me out with a question.

We were awarded a grant and one of the items that we are going to purchase is a new k-12 saw. I listed a partner K-12 saw in the item description on the application as the one that we were going to purchase.

The question that I have now is that after doing some additional research I think we are leaning towards a new Stihl circular saw vs. the Partner model listed in my grant.

Question: Do I need to apply for an ammendment to the grant if I am going to purchase a different make/ model of the equipment as long as I am fulfilling the original purpose/ intent of the grant?
    Ahwaga Ladder Co# 5 - "We Still Live"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

As long as the item is still in the same class, no amendment has been necessary but I'd make the phone call anyway. K12 is kinda like Band-Aid and Kleenex, they're product names that have become synonomous with a product. No one that ever applied for MSAs and bought Scotts for SCBA or vice-versa ever had to make an amendment, I don't see any problems here. Congrats.

A man after my own funny bone with the Peter Griffin avatar. I'm going to be spending more money on Amazon.com for the new Family Guy Season 3 DVDs, and possibly the music CD. Already got the Stewie DVD. Must watch soon.

- Brian

Default Favorite FG quote?

..."Holy crip! He's a crapple!"

Hehe, or how about this one?

Peter "I love you."

Lois "Remember the safety word is Banana."

Hehehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Classics.

"Oh my God Brian. There's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says: OOOooooooooo."

"Peter those are Cheerios. "

Forum Member

so it should be ok if even in my grant that i put HURST extracation equipment and we decided to go with HOLMATRO as long as i get the same items then I wont need to typ up an amendment?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I'd make the phone call to your rep just to cover the bases, but I don't see them requiring an amendment for changing brands. As long as you buy the extrication tools in the type specified (spreader, cutter, ram, pump, etc) there isn't any issue I can see with it. It's been done before.

I don't see a problem at all either. Had a rtecent department that put in for a 25k generator and then found out they had to have a 30K and DHS rubber stamped it without problem. They had saved money on turnout and pplied the cost savings ot the increased cost of the generator and they did not require an offiicial amendment for that.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information