Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber twoaxeman's Avatar

Thumbs up An Understanding man?

Thanks for all the info in your postings!!!
    Rick
    Last edited by twoaxeman; 11-17-2005 at 11:04 AM. Reason: none
    rwbennett_549@yahoo.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Kilborrn

I was not sure if he died on Kwaj or elsewhere. I know that Tony Gonzalez was one of the Khobar Tower victims. He left Saudi a long time ago with many health issues. We had a good crew way back when.

I post this information to let everyone know there is a life after Iraq as I have to find another one when I leave there.....

Chief Gale

Forum Member

I had not heard of the sad news about Jay. You couldn't have met a nicer individual anywhere.
    Last edited by devildog4; 09-29-2007 at 02:09 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Things

Tony was back on Kwaj a long time ago with me and John Hehl. He got injured in the Khobar attack and suffered significant injuries which forced him to retire from the fire service.

Kail is over in Afghanistan now... I did not know Slatton was trying to go to Ecuador. This must be a new change for him. Ecuador was a fun contract from the days that I can at least remember...

OMG, you talk about Ranger. I was his roommate up on Roi. He was a trip. Not to forget Mike Best and Vince Chan.... It was a blast riding on the boat with them to Meck and listen to them and their bizarre stories regarding cats... I think the best one was when Mike would go to the bathroom completely naked with his pet cat... That is one strange guy...

blain never said anything to us about him wanting to leave roi he seemed like he was content being out there. i don't know if any of you remember mick liley or vern cothran but they are out in the islands as well. mike told me he's been out there for like ten years or so and vern for probably as long. vern is now the training chief on kwaj so he isn't going anywhere for awhile either. hey chief if i end up working with you in iraq please get rid of the 12 to 16 hour work days 6 to 7 days a week that's just nuts. what ever happened to 24 or 48 hour shifts. anyways i'll see you all in the sandbox around the first of the year and i'll try to remember to bring my pail and shovel. sorry chief just read what you wrote about mike didn't know about him going to the shower naked and yes the cat is alive and kicking seems like he was either following me or mike around where ever we went.
    Last edited by armyfiremn; 11-18-2005 at 12:53 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Jay

Marty, I just got a Email back from John H and he said he talked to Jay a few months ago, he is married and spending his money finally.

well if jay is still alive and kicking then who is the guy the blaine told me died in saudi? all i remember is that he was a medic and he opened a door when it happened. anyways any news on where these new contracts will be?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Bad Info

All, I do apologize for the info on Jay being dead. This was the news that I received awhile ago. My congratulations then to Jay on his marriage and yes finally spending all his money.

Army yes you can work with me and I will see to it that you all work 24's. The only set back will be the turn-out issue but I have a plan for that as well.

It is true about Mike B. going to the bathroom naked, with a bag of cheetos and the cat... I have yet to figure that one out.. Remember are talking about a guy that a fire truck to the dining hall and came back to the station without it, forgetting he drove the truck..

Chief Gale

see i thought you guys were talking about mike liley and slayer the cat up at roi but mike set me straight and told me about the other mike. i also heard that mike liley if any of you know him is finally leaving roi after 10 plus years. if i would have found my bunker pants when i went through my storage unit today i wouldn't have to worry about any bunker gear problem that comes up. looks like i'll only be bringing my gloves and my nomex hood. anyways what pieces of you know what's are their for crash trucks? i hope they aren't amer wrecks, i'm to used to driving e ones. chief if i do get to work with you i like to be woken at 8am.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wake up Calls

When you get to your site, you should encounter only T3000's or P-19's..... As for the wake up calls, look you are going to probably have to wake me up... And I do not want to see you at roll call in your pj's... I had this problem at Kandahar... it made for an interesting morning on occasion.. I know it is the simple life, but there is some decorum we must uphold....

Chief Gale

ewwwwwww i hate p 19's but if that's the best the company can do then so be it. if i show up to roll call in my bunker gear don't ask what's underneath it just might be my pj's. lol at least people were showing up with clothes on can you imagine if they were standing there naked. anyways when are you heading over to iraq? will you be over there around the first of jan?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Heading over

I am supposed to be in Houston in the middle of December, but do to my current employer retaining my passport until January, I am scheduling to be there after the 5th.

I am moving my family back to Cyprus and will need at least 2 days to get this move taken care of.... If I do not help my wife this go around and it will be the start of a great divorce... It is not like I never helped her out before...

Coming to roll call in bunker gear is fine, I will allow bunny slippers as well...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tigger Slippers

Yes you can wear your tigger slippers, only, and I really mean only if they do not have that stupid tigger sound. It is a real distraction at roll call when you are shuffling your feet.

Yes I am a great person to work with as I have done this, been there.. so over the past 5 years I have been helping people to do the same thing.. I have reached my pinacle as a fire officer a long time ago and do believe is spreading the wealth around.

Ask around and those that have worked with me will tell you.. Do not listen to the stuff about Ecuador.. it was all a lie.. I have a USAF Colonel that can back me on that... Well o.k. he will lie for me as I helped him to see what fire fighting was like...

Chief Gale

MembersZone Subscriber

Default roll call

well you can do better than the guys I had at roll call in Ecuador.. What was worse is that I stand there and act somewhat official...

Thank goodness for the quiet slippers... the last thing I need are interuptions... o.k. if you interupt me at roll call then I make you wash the fire truck.. Oh wait, I don't do that as you are in the middle of the flippin' desert and the truck is maybe expected to dirty all the time.. God that was my favorite one.... I had guys leave other bases just to get from the truck cleaning.. you live in sand, trucks will be dirty within 5 minutes, why wash them 24 hours a day....

Forum Member

Chief
    I am browsing around here on my husbands id to see if i can find out more info about this Iraq thing. He is scheduled to go to Houston and deploy from there on January 9th.I have been reading a lot of things you have said and written and I think I would feel safe if he was with you! I hope to heaven all commanders there are as with it as you seem so that I can rest comfortably at night. I think maybe I will have him track you down and not let go for this reason. I hope you will always leave your positive thoughts on this website through the next year. I think it probably helps out alot of us that must tell our kids that Daddy/Mommy is doing fine--the chief said so. Thanks again.
    The nervous wife of an experienced ff.a newbie to this!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Your Husband

I would love to have your husband come and work with me... I am really good at what I do as this is all I have ever known in life.. I sat back and watched all the different managment styles and saw what was good and bad and decided to take the good.

Our job in all actuallity is really easy, but when it comes time to do the work then my expectations are really high for people.

If your husband does get the opportunity to work with me, he will be fine and that you can tell your children.

Chief Gale

Post proper roll call attire

i'm bringing my gorilla slippers if i can find them and maybe a teddy bear. i'd bring my bath robe to but it's to heavy. i got to aggree with you on washing the trucks that's one of the things i didn't like doing when i was out at roi and i can deffiently see not washing them in a desert environment. for those that were asking the company will put you up in a nice hotel not sure which one it's up to them and how many people they have and you get three meals a day paid for by the company at the main hotel where everyone does inprocessing. there is a mall across from the main hotel you can go shopping at and if i remember correctly there is a shuttle to one of the local walmarts. for you guys if needed before you go look at women in bdu's for a year there is a strip club with in walking distance from the main hotel and from a couple of the surrounding ones. the only thing i'd bring to houston is maybe two weeks worth of toiletries and as little as possible when it comes to civilian clothes. your nbc gear gets heavy carrying around and also you'll need room for your work gear.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tooooo funny

If you want I can check with my wife to see if she can loan you her silk bathrobe, it is not that heavy.

So I take it there are still inprocessing at the same hotel.. I am scheduling for the January trip to Houston... The food at the hotel is not too bad. They should still have the guest floor where everyone is hanging out at.. The hotel is a zoo with all the people so do not expect typical hotel services there..

My promise to all, I will not make you wash trucks 24/7, it is a waste of your time and mine... there are better things to do..

Chief Gale

Thumbs up

chief i just got off the phone with monique she said they choose where you go to once you get in country so i'm asking you now choose me please. lol not sure i look good in silk unless it's once of those silk outfits that heffner wears at the playboy mansion. your right the hotel is a zoo but it's even better then a zoo it's free to just sit down and watch all the animals you don't have to pay admission or anything. also monique said that the boots on the packing list should be steel toed seems that they are for work boots. big 5 is having a sale wear i saw some black boots with side zippers for $25 if anyone hasn't gotten their's yet like me. heck i haven't even boughten anything can you say procrastination.

Forum Member

Wink hubby and silk

Quote Originally Posted by galebagram2u
    I would love to have your husband come and work with me... I am really good at what I do as this is all I have ever known in life.. I sat back and watched all the different managment styles and saw what was good and bad and decided to take the good.

Our job in all actuallity is really easy, but when it comes time to do the work then my expectations are really high for people.

If your husband does get the opportunity to work with me, he will be fine and that you can tell your children.

Chief Gale
    Chief,
    You sound perfect for my husband as a commander. I will definitely have him look for you in Houston if you are there at the same time. If I have to send silk robes for him to get on your team I can do that!

I am interested to know if the men /women do leave the base as we were under the impression that they didnt leave the base.

I will tell our children every nite that Daddy is fine,you are all fine people to do what you do, I'm sure all will be safe
    Thank You again Sir

Thread Information