Forum Member

Default Other overseas jobs...

Looking for info on contract jobs in the following places? Marshall Islands, Ecuador (other Latin America), Kuwait, Djibouti.
    Websearches come up with very little info; and no info on pay scales or schedule/living conditions.
    If anyone has info to share, it would be greatly appreciated...

Forum Member

Default jdl123

there is a good posting on the thread Contract Firefighting information.

Forum Member

Default kwajalein firefighting

i just got back from the marshall islands in may. from what i can tell you because of manning it's anywhere from 2 days on and 2 off on up. when i left i was only getting $9.00 a hour guys that got hired on after me got a little more but not by much we did get paid for 24 hours as far as getting certs you'd probably have a better time getting them on your own. you might be able to get fire intructor 1 fire inspector 1 and fire officer 1 but that's it. the place is so remote that it's hard to get classes taught. the number for the roi fire dept where i was at is 805-355-6334 or 6335 and kwaj is 803-355-2222 they are five hours behind west coast time. if you need to know anything else let me know. oh chugach has the fire contract and they are based out of alaska you might be able to do a moster.com search to find them. almost forgot if you do want to get a job there in the islands you have to sign up for a two year contract.

Forum Member

Default Mi...

Thanks for responding.
    ArmyFF: how long were you there? What expenses do you have while there (housing, food, etc)? What happens if you leave before you 2yr contract is up? What is there to do on off-days (I am a scuba diver)? FF equipment? What types of areas do you provide protection too? Also, and most importantly, do you RUN ANY CALLS??

I'm currently contract FF in Iraq, so if you have any questions, go ahead and ask...

Forum Member

Post ffing in the marshals

Thanks for responding.
    ArmyFF: how long were you there? What expenses do you have while there (housing, food, etc)? What happens if you leave before you 2yr contract is up? What is there to do on off-days (I am a scuba diver)? FF equipment? What types of areas do you provide protection too? Also, and most importantly, do you RUN ANY CALLS??

I'm currently contract FF in Iraq, so if you have any questions, go ahead and ask...

i was up at roi from may of 04 to may of 05. i was about 60 miles north of kwaj. everything is provided for you except phone and that's $ 20.00 a month plus how ever many calls you make. the company went to two year contracts towards the end of my contract but from what i heard it cost approximately $5,000 to break contract and that's because you have to pay the company back for your flight out there and what ever else it is they did to get you there and to get you off the island. if your into water sports you'll be in paradise there's great diving, fishing, water skiing and wind surfing. plus just laying on the beach getting a tan isn't bad either i think your about 600 miles north of the equator so you get tanned or burnt real quick. ff equipment is getting better kwaj is alot different then roi they have two e-1 engines, two p-23's (crash trucks) and a tanker for that elusive grass fire. roi has a tanker and a p-23 engine the whole time i was there our crash truck was down for maintance. kwaj runs more medical calls and fire alarms more then anything. roi runs the occasional fire alarms but nothing big no fires at all the whole time i was there. on roi it's just one nurse and two emt's, so have fun delivering babies if you go and get stationed there. here's a link that may give you a idea of what the area is like. http://www.pbase.com/nowhereatoll click on Enter Nowhereatoll you'll see all sorts of pics of the islands.

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone else have more info on these contracts? Especially the Equador, Saudi Arabia contracts. Such as the companys name, there phone numbers, or people to email to ask about openings or getting applications.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Contracts

Lasko,

Go to the contract fire protection information thread... The companies are listed on the first page..

Chief

Forum Member

Do Not Go To Work For Wsi In Iraq. I Know Plenty Of Friends Who Work There And Have Worked There And It's Not Worth It At All. Kwaj Is The Place To Go!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm On My Way There!!!

Forum Member

Thumbs down Grow Up And Move On Mutt

Quote Originally Posted by CALIWILDLAND
    Do Not Go To Work For Wsi In Iraq. I Know Plenty Of Friends Who Work There And Have Worked There And It's Not Worth It At All. Kwaj Is The Place To Go!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm On My Way There!!!

When are you going to grow up?
    I thought you had this great job in San Diego? Was that a lie too?
    Is going to KWAJ a lie as well?

List of names you have used:
    TXFIREDAWG
    CALIWILDLAND
    MICHELL, most know to spell the name Michele or Michelle
    What is the latest one with rainbow in it?

Getting on the Firefighters forum is one thing, but going on the Friends and Family forum and starting the trouble and stress you have is way over the line

It is easy to pick you out because you make a few post using a new name, start some sort of drama and then consistently bring up the Mosul fire from last year and any articles that have your name in it....Hint, burning freon doesn't turn into Mustard Gas, open a book every now and then.

What is it that you want, somebody to give a damn about your sorry butt? Well we don't and won't.

Grow up and move on...MUTT!

Forum Member

Default Wsi

I'm interested in a job for WSI in Iraq, does anybody have any good info about them?

MembersZone Subscriber

Check out the Info on Iraq thread. There's A LOT of good info in there. the company's website is also:

www.wsihq.com

Forum Member

Arrow Job Seeking

I'm interested in find a job overseas, I'm looking for a 1 year contract somewhere that pays well. I just started looking around and I'm really new to this. I was told Iraq pays good, but know one has been able to tell me much more. If there is a better place than Iraq where is it?

MembersZone Subscriber

HoustonFire...Iraq does pay well (around 100K/yr) so if you are just looking for money and don't mind working A LOT of hours, and living in tents, then thats where you want to be. If you can take a little less pay, but want some days off, have good living conditions, and a little more freedom then you may want to look into CSA Kuwait. I worked for CSA in Kuwait for 2 years (03-05) and had a really good time and got to do lots of travelling and was able to gain a few more certs at the same time. Probably may end up going back again in the future.

You can check out www.csakuwait.com, or contact myself for some more info.

Good luck

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Back to Kuwait?

Quote Originally Posted by pyromike66
    HoustonFire...Iraq does pay well (around 100K/yr) so if you are just looking for money and don't mind working A LOT of hours, and living in tents, then thats where you want to be. If you can take a little less pay, but want some days off, have good living conditions, and a little more freedom then you may want to look into CSA Kuwait. I worked for CSA in Kuwait for 2 years (03-05) and had a really good time and got to do lots of travelling and was able to gain a few more certs at the same time. Probably may end up going back again in the future.

You can check out www.csakuwait.com, or contact myself for some more info.

Good luck
    Mike, I would love to head back to Kuwait. I was deployed in 2001 to Al Jaber. Where may I contact you for more information?

Thanks,
    Gregg

Forum Member

Default Kbr

Has anyone worked for Chugach in Alaska in Shemya Islands as a Firefighter? I heard t hey are hiring? I am also thinking about signing up for KBR but i heard Alaska pays better?

Papafire2 I have been in Iraq almost 3 yrs I can you the money is the best over here But I'm getting burned out I want to go to Shemya when I can get a job offer

Forum Member

Does anyone know where I can find a ARFF class? I live in Georgia and I need this cert to do contract work. Does anyone know of contracts to where I can work without this cert?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firedoc58 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a ARFF class? I live in Georgia and I need this cert to do contract work. Does anyone know of contracts to where I can work without this cert?
    try dodfire.com under training available, bucks county public safety academy, or teex.

if you want to work without it look at WSI
    Matt
    IACOJ
    The opinions stated here are my own and not that of any of my employers.

Hi,

Just read your message and am new to the forum.

I am a firefighter in australia and am ,looking for o/s fireman work. You mentioned Kuwait being ok conditions, good experience and ok money...what is the rate of pay? Do you require o/s experience...can you be from australia and can you give me any info you know?

Cheers,

Ben

Thread Information