1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    257

    Default First Responder Institute/Tums Grant

    Good News / Bad News!!!

    First the good - just receievd an email that one of the two applications I submitted (home dept & vacation home dept) has been approved.Bad news - according to the website - no further applications are being accepted because the program is ending until new sponsors are found.

    Not big grants - $2500 - but every litle bit helps!!!! We should all seek out potential sponsors and route them to the institute.

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Not2L84U2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Catlin, IL, USA
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyg26
    Good News / Bad News!!!

    First the good - just receievd an email that one of the two applications I submitted (home dept & vacation home dept) has been approved.Bad news - according to the website - no further applications are being accepted because the program is ending until new sponsors are found.

    Not big grants - $2500 - but every litle bit helps!!!! We should all seek out potential sponsors and route them to the institute.
    When did you apply for this grant? Last quarter? Just curious when we would expect to get the word on our grant.

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    257

    Default grant

    i have re-submitted at the last two quarters. got email yesterday!

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Out and About
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Chances are if you have not heard from them you did not get a grant. We received a grant last quarter. They emailed all the winners in one big email.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Not2L84U2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Catlin, IL, USA
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k3twpfire
    Chances are if you have not heard from them you did not get a grant. We received a grant last quarter. They emailed all the winners in one big email.
    You applied last quarter and were awarded the grant recently or you were awarded your grant last quarter while they were still taking applications? Is there any way to check the status of your grant? If you get turned down, do they give you any explanation or is it just one general e-mail?

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    257

    Default TUMS grant

    one email to the winners. only issue I had was that I had submitted for two departments and had to call and find out which one had been selected.

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Out and About
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not2L84U2
    You applied last quarter and were awarded the grant recently or you were awarded your grant last quarter while they were still taking applications? Is there any way to check the status of your grant? If you get turned down, do they give you any explanation or is it just one general e-mail?
    We received a grant in the 2005 2nd Quarter round. You are supposed to receive an email either way. I applied a few times before we were funded and I never got a denial email.

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Not2L84U2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Catlin, IL, USA
    Posts
    960

    Default

    I think I submitted ours right at the end of September so would have been end of 3rd quarter. You think I should have heard something by now?

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Dorchester, WI
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I submitted at the end of September and we received notification via email on Tusday Nov. 1st that we were awarded. I agree it is too bad that they have lost their sponsors for this program.

    Beth

  10. #10
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    257

    Default TUMs

    Not2 = if you did not get the email - it means you were not selected. i agree with an earlier post - unless you checked First Responder website - you woudl never know awards were released, you were not selected, and to get back into mix, you needed to re-submit.

    and like I said earlier - we need to push some big corps. to come up with some cash - at a cap of $2,500, a donation of $25k gets 10 departments a little

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First Responder Institute/ Tums Grant
    By RoughRider in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 11:34 AM
  2. Spokane, WA Mayor
    By CaptOldTimer in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 09:32 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-17-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 12:29 PM
  4. Bill would streamline first responder grant programs
    By SANDSTROMJM in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 12:07 AM
  5. PA Grant Writing Seminar
    By dragonfyre in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register