MembersZone Subscriber

Default First Responder Institute/Tums Grant

Good News / Bad News!!!

First the good - just receievd an email that one of the two applications I submitted (home dept & vacation home dept) has been approved.Bad news - according to the website - no further applications are being accepted because the program is ending until new sponsors are found.

Not big grants - $2500 - but every litle bit helps!!!! We should all seek out potential sponsors and route them to the institute.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyg26
    Good News / Bad News!!!

First the good - just receievd an email that one of the two applications I submitted (home dept & vacation home dept) has been approved.Bad news - according to the website - no further applications are being accepted because the program is ending until new sponsors are found.

Not big grants - $2500 - but every litle bit helps!!!! We should all seek out potential sponsors and route them to the institute.
    When did you apply for this grant? Last quarter? Just curious when we would expect to get the word on our grant.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default grant

i have re-submitted at the last two quarters. got email yesterday!

MembersZone Subscriber

Chances are if you have not heard from them you did not get a grant. We received a grant last quarter. They emailed all the winners in one big email.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k3twpfire
    Chances are if you have not heard from them you did not get a grant. We received a grant last quarter. They emailed all the winners in one big email.
    You applied last quarter and were awarded the grant recently or you were awarded your grant last quarter while they were still taking applications? Is there any way to check the status of your grant? If you get turned down, do they give you any explanation or is it just one general e-mail?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default TUMS grant

one email to the winners. only issue I had was that I had submitted for two departments and had to call and find out which one had been selected.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Not2L84U2
    You applied last quarter and were awarded the grant recently or you were awarded your grant last quarter while they were still taking applications? Is there any way to check the status of your grant? If you get turned down, do they give you any explanation or is it just one general e-mail?
    We received a grant in the 2005 2nd Quarter round. You are supposed to receive an email either way. I applied a few times before we were funded and I never got a denial email.

Forum Member

I think I submitted ours right at the end of September so would have been end of 3rd quarter. You think I should have heard something by now?

MembersZone Subscriber

I submitted at the end of September and we received notification via email on Tusday Nov. 1st that we were awarded. I agree it is too bad that they have lost their sponsors for this program.

Beth

MembersZone Subscriber

Default TUMs

Not2 = if you did not get the email - it means you were not selected. i agree with an earlier post - unless you checked First Responder website - you woudl never know awards were released, you were not selected, and to get back into mix, you needed to re-submit.

and like I said earlier - we need to push some big corps. to come up with some cash - at a cap of $2,500, a donation of $25k gets 10 departments a little

Thread Information