Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: creatine

Forum Member

Default creatine

is creatine good, i have just started to use it and i dose see a differcen when i work with my energy, but i just wanted to know what you'll thought about it

Temporarily/No Longer Active

If it's not working.....stop using it.

MembersZone Subscriber ftfdverbenec770's Avatar

i used to use it here a few years ago back with i was playin football. i used it everyday that i lifted. i dont remeber the brand, but i got the stuff that you didnt have to load your system with. it was just a liquid that i took in my mouth with an eye dropper. i tryed the power stuff, but it was two chalky and i didnt like it.
    my few years of working with it, it really helped me on my last few, really hard reps. i belive that its designed to be used at the end of your exercises. it itself didnt make me stonger, but it gave me that last bit of energy do help me out with the last few ones.
    Your a daisy if you do.

MembersZone Subscriber

Creatine can take up to a couple weeks before any noticable effects take place, especailly if you don't load the first week. You should take everyday if your on cycle 5-10 grams daily. Also the liquid stuff is junk. Once creatine is mixed in liquid, it starts to degrade so you should only mix just prior to use. I mix mine with my protein shake. Also, Prolab makes a great creatine that is easy on the wallet. You can find it here dpsnutrition.com

MembersZone Subscriber DjInferno's Avatar

I actually just use the stuff from Walmart...can't remember the name but its like 12 bucks. I am not 100% convinced it is as good as prolab stuff, but I notice a HUGE difference in taking it. If nothing else, I have no fatigue after a hard day of lifting compared to not taking it.

Forum Member

Default Creatine

I found that creatine increased my strength and increased the intensity of my workouts. It does take about a month to fully saturate your muscles so stay on it for 2 to 3 months and then go on an off cycle for a few weeks. Drink tonnes of water and you'll find that you probably will benefit from it. Combining creatine with other supplements will also improve your results.

Forum Member

the stuff from wal-mart says that the first week or two your supposed to take it at least 4 or 5 times a day. after that about twice a day. it takes a few weeks to a month to notice a difference.

Forum Member

Drink tons of water, which was already stated. Creatine can be hard on the kidneys if you don't. This may not hold true for everyone, but it happend in my case.
    Last edited by TheCrow1994; 03-21-2006 at 09:52 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber HenryChan's Avatar

Creatine must be in your system for about two weeks before it really takes effect. Also, drink a lot of water...and I mean a lot of water. You should notice your body wanting more water as you continue to take Creatine. For me, it allows me to lift for longer periods of time and my muscles heal faster.

But, it does take a few weeks to kick in and you have to maintain a steady intake of it. Not too much of course.
    Last edited by HenryChan; 05-09-2006 at 01:01 PM.
    Local 2068

MembersZone Subscriber

Default I tried creatine too

my experience was very similar to hawksonfire...
    Lots of water, got stronger, more intense.

Just be careful that you get it from a reputable source. I always have this big fear that some clown at a factory will drop some bovine steroid or something crazy in there and make one of you guys test positive one of these days (for 'roids).

Dr. Jen

www.fireagility.com
    Last edited by Drjmilus; 06-03-2006 at 12:27 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have had some good expierence with creatine. I have tried a few different kinds also. I used to work at a supplement store so I know a little bit about creatine. My favirote creatine was made by NDS, called evolve. I also liked cell-tech. evolve doesn't have a loading period. I took some prior to lifting and right after my workout. Cell-tech you have to take everyday and there is a loading period.

one word...........BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Sorry, I'll stick to the old fashioned method of lifting and swimming 5+ miles a day. Believe it or not it works pretty damn well without having to use any supplements.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer
    one word...........BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Sorry, I'll stick to the old fashioned method of lifting and swimming 5+ miles a day. Believe it or not it works pretty damn well without having to use any supplements.
    Just wondering what is so baaaad about creatine? Have you used it? Do you know anything about it?

Creatine is probably the most studied and proven effective supplement on the market. Nothing bad about it. There are lots of kinds out there so be sure and do your research before you choose one. I have tried a few kinds and really like Green Buldge by Controlled Labs. Affordable and effective

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Cell Tech

Die hard Cell Tech supporter here............
    I have tried the other types but I like Cell Tech the best, it has the activators right in it and it tastes great.
    I have seen a huge difference since I have been taking it. I also use it in my protein drinks not because of any other reason than I like to work smarter not harder, so why not just make up one shake.........
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Quote Originally Posted by ewelk33
    Just wondering what is so baaaad about creatine? Have you used it? Do you know anything about it?

Why should you need supplements to have to get strong? Eat a healthy and balanced diet, and work your butt off and sure it may hurt, but at least I think that it would feel better at the end knowing that you didn't take any shortcuts. My Dad's friend is a former bodybuilder/weightlifter, never took any sort of supplement (unless you consider protein a supplement) and eventually had to stop because he couldn't compete with the guys using supplements and steroids.

And I believe that mental toughness should be enough to get you through a workout, it does for me at least.

I'm willing to listen if someone can give me an explanation as to why you need supplements to get stronger.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Why not use it. People use tools and everything else to help them accomplish a job or goal. Just look at it as a tool to accomplish a goal. Nothing wrong with that. If you want to do it the old fashioned way, so be it. Nothing wrong with that way either. I prefer to use it as a resource sense it is available and all.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not going to argue about if someone should or should not take supplements. Thats a personal choice and I see nothing wrong with taking perfectly legal supplements. I just wanted you to expand on your statement that creatine is bad. Still waiting for that one.

Yes, protein is a supplement if taken in supplement form (not from whole foods). Do you take a vitamin? Why would anyone need to take a vitamin (which is a supplement) to grow up big and strong??

How many pounds of lean muscle mass has your mental toughness gotten you this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ewelk33
    I'm not going to argue about if someone should or should not take supplements. Thats a personal choice and I see nothing wrong with taking perfectly legal supplements. I just wanted you to expand on your statement that creatine is bad. Still waiting for that one.

Yes, protein is a supplement if taken in supplement form (not from whole foods). Do you take a vitamin? Why would anyone need to take a vitamin (which is a supplement) to grow up big and strong??

How many pounds of lean muscle mass has your mental toughness gotten you this year?

I don't want to stir up an argument either bro! Just stating my opinion that I would never want to take creatine because I simply do not see the need to take something (i.e.- a supplement) to get me stronger. And a classmate and former teammate died and a kid from an area school was hospitalized due to the use. (death was problem with a reaction the creatine had with a prescription) In addition, I dont trust the stuff. But yes, I do take vitamins and that is because due to my calorie intake a dietician that watches our team says that I actually need them to function because your average amount of Vitamin C, Vitamin d, what have you, is not enough for me.

Mental Toughness, not creatine, has gotten me through my 0530 workouts 5 days a week since august. Treading water for the last 15 of the 45 min we tread in water polo practice. Finishing the last of 20x100's freestyle/sprints on 1:15, swimming a 50 freestyle on 1 breath, or sprinting the last half mile of the 4 mile runs we do 3 times a week in practice, all this has come from mental determination, no creatine.

Mental Toughness, not creatine, has gotten me through my 0530 workouts 5 days a week since august. Treading water for the last 15 of the 45 min we tread in water polo practice. Finishing the last of 20x100's freestyle/sprints on 1:15, swimming a 50 freestyle on 1 breath, or sprinting the last half mile of the 4 mile runs we do 3 times a week in practice, all this has come from mental determination, no creatine.

Do they sell your mental toughness in stores I think I might pick up a bottle or 2.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer
    Thats like another language to me but mad props for all of that swimming stuff!

Take your vitamin example and think of how that applies to bodybuliders and serious athletes. Supplements are needed because the body cannot produce enough of what it needs to build and repair muscles from serious weightlifting and training. Ya your typical new year resolutioners or weekend warriors at the gym probably dont need to take supplements.

Thread Information