Thread: T. O.

MembersZone Subscriber

It pains me to admit that waste of talent played his high school ball just 25 miles from my town.

I hope someone picks him up, otherwise he might come back home and start stinking up the area.

MembersZone Subscriber

and by the way, has anyone else noticed that my New York Football Giants are currently 6-2, and sitting on top all alone in first place in the NFC East?
    Yes. Yes I have.

GO BIG BLUE!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Halligan84
    It's beem a media circus here. When the baseball team has the NL Rookie of the Year and a pitcher charged with attempted murder, the radio and TV are all TO all the time.

The best was the Domino's Pizza kid. The media is camped out, the kid delivers a coupla pies to TO's house and gets a $5 tip. He leaves it on the porch and holds his own press conference saying TO needs it to feed his family. The local radio was holding food drives for TO after he complained this summer that he needed a new contract to take care of his family.
    I am certain that that was NOT a staged event!

Forum Member

The late Jim Murray, who wrote sports for the LA Times once said "in the shopping mall of life, sports would be a toy store". I stopped caring about the antic of pro athletes long ago. I could care less what TO does or says, or what team might or might not hire him.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Go Big Blue !! -Squash the green vermit eagles- remember when the green vermits were accidently in the superbowl (L)

District Chief

good riddence I say....However, I dont like the eagles anyway. A Skins fan all the way since I was raised in Virginia.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Default Here's a shocker

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - The Rev. Jesse Jackson called the Philadelphia Eagles' punishment of Terrell Owens "much too severe."

Jackson said in a statement released Friday that Owens could have been more professional when he publicly complained about his contract, his team and the Eagles' organization.
    But Jackson said Owens' suspension without pay for four games and deactivation for the rest of the season is "much too severe for the charge" and hurts the athlete's NFL career at its height.

The civil rights activist said the level of punishment could have been warranted if Owens had been caught shaving points, selling drugs, carrying a gun or fighting fans without sufficient restraint.

"This does not warrant a one-year ban from the game," Jackson said, adding that the Eagles should release Owens to the open market or free agency if they no longer want to associate with him.

Ralph Nader, a consumer activist and former presidential candidate, has already called for the suspension to be rescinded.

Owens was suspended last week after he said in an interview that the Eagles showed "a lack of class" for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch, and that the team would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre as quarterback. He has since apologized.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42
    There is no "we" or "us" either, but you can spell Eat Me!

ROFLMAO
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Arlen Specter has lost his mind

Sen. Arlen Specter has lost his mind!

Senator Specter Says Eagles Are Unfair to T.O.
    Story posted on 2005-11-29 07:55:00
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHILADELPHIA (AP) Senator Arlen Specter is accusing the National Football League and the Philadelphia Eagles of treating Terrell Owens unfairly. The Pennsylvania Republican says he might refer the matter to the antitrust subcommittee of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which he chairs. Specter said at a news conference Monday in Harrisburg it was "vindictive and inappropriate'' for the league and the Eagles to forbid the all-pro wide receiver from playing and to prevent other teams from talking to him. He said, "It's a restraint of trade for them to do that'' and "it might be a violation of antitrust laws.'' Some other legal experts disagree. Arbitrator Richard Bloch said last week the team's actions were supported by the labor agreement between the league and the N-F-L Players Association. The Eagles suspended Owens on November fifth for four games
    Without pay for "conduct detrimental to the team.'' They deactivated him with pay on Sunday after the suspension ended.
    It's not like there aren't other tiny little problems such as Border Security, War on Terror, Energy Reform, and the like. He is going to propose wasting tens of thousands of dollars on a Senate Hearing to investigate a business's treatment of a spoiled rotten, big-mouthed, disrespectful, insubordinate employee.

What a moron.
    Last edited by GeorgeWendtCFI; 11-29-2005 at 05:31 PM.

Thread Information