Thread: T. O.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default T. O.

I just watched this arrogant bozo give his apology on TV. I have come to the conclusion that one of two things is true.

1. He is the dumbest athlete ever to live.
    2. He is getting very bad advice.

First of all, he either insults or fights the Eagle's team leaders. Then he insults the administration of the team who pays him dearly to run around and catch a ball. Then he takes on the coach.

So they give him an ultimatum. Apologize publicly and apologize to Donovan and we can start over and play football. Nope. He refuses to apologize to Donovan. So they can him. Then he goes on TV and gives a humble apology. Then, the reporter asks his agent basically, "How come he didn't do that three days ago? This never would have happened". The agent then acts like an arrogant jerk.

I hope that not only do the Eagles not give in and take him back, but I hope no other NFL owner takes him either. Of course, that won't happen. But we can hope.

Funny, I think I found an athlete I despise worse than Manny.

Forum Member

Sort of makes his Sharpie incident and dancing on the Star in Dallas look good. At least that was in celebration of actually doing something rather than running his mouth and doing nothing.

Forum Member

I hope that not only do the Eagles not give in and take him back, but I hope no other NFL owner takes him either. Of course, that won't happen. But we can hope.
    I'll second this hope.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

I was happy when the Eagles got him, but I think everyone in this area just held their breath knowing this was coming. I see zero chance the Birds bring him back and the fans on sports radio are about 90 -10 to keep him away. Good luck to anyone getting him, he may behave for a year if you need to get over the hump.

Forum Member

Alright I am almost torn on this. I am a huge eagles fan, TO is very, very talented. TO is a bunghole. I hate to see such a great player leave but he has realy destroyed the "team" this year and our record proves it. I hope no other team picks him up, I know that won't happen but can't blaim me for hoping. As far as his agent goes, Drew Rosenhause is a weasle. You could see that right from the get go of when he started with TO. The thing is he also represents many other players, including Jevon Kearse. I guess the other guys he works for are smart enough to know who signs their checks. Oh well hopefully this will spark some new energy for the team and we can start to win again. I did not see the apology but I can pretty safely bet that he only meant it as long as it gets him what he wants. I think the only reason he even did it was because he saw how bad things are going to get for him and he doesn't want to lose half of a season when he is wanting to set records and become a possible hall of famer. If he gets picked up elsewhere you can realy sit back and see how bad he bad mouths the birds and McNabb.

Forum Member

T.O. stinks but most of all the Eagles stink!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down

And when his agent was doing his "Next Question? bit.... did ya see T.O. standing behind him with that s@$t eating grin......

What a jerk...
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Nice idea George, but Ive already heard three teams are "interested" in his services, one being the Broncos.

Same thing happened here with Keshawn Johnson and the Cowboys took him.

Sad thing is, as long as these other teams will give these loudmouth jerkoffs jobs they have no reason to straighten up and fly right.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    Sad thing is, as long as these other teams will give these loudmouth jerkoffs jobs they have no reason to straighten up and fly right.
    You talking about athletes or agents?

MembersZone Subscriber

T.O = POS! I hope the yutes of America aren't looking up to this jerkoff. Sad to report, I heard on ESPN Radio this morning the J-E-T-S jets, jets, jets are interesting in him!
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

MembersZone Subscriber

Dream sequence: How sweet would it be if he held the news conference yesterday and no one from the media showed up?

Terrell is bad enough, but I think Rosenhaus has made things get out of hand. Now Terrell will NEVER get the huge long-term contract he wants.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by sbfdco1
    T.O = POS! I hope the yutes of America aren't looking up to this jerkoff. Sad to report, I heard on ESPN Radio this morning the J-E-T-S jets, jets, jets are interesting in him!
    Of course. Chrebet's out. Pennington's out.

You would have thought that the Jets would have learned from their Keyshawn Johnson experience.

Go Big Blue!

Forum Member

Why would the jets want him, they don't have anyone to throw to him. Realy I think the jets have a decent receiving core as it stands and don't need the drama of TO. There are plenty of teams that would take TO and I can't blaim them realy, he can play. I know that somewhere some coach is thinking he can contain TO, so he will get picked up. My thinking is though that if Reid and the rest of the phil. staff can't keep him in check than no one can. You may not like the birds (if you want to root for some other team that sucks that is your bussiness) but Andy Reid and the rest of the staff are top notch. They have proven that time and again in this situation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MEck51
    Why would the jets want him, they don't have anyone to throw to him. Realy I think the jets have a decent receiving core as it stands and don't need the drama of TO. There are plenty of teams that would take TO and I can't blaim them realy, he can play. I know that somewhere some coach is thinking he can contain TO, so he will get picked up. My thinking is though that if Reid and the rest of the phil. staff can't keep him in check than no one can. You may not like the birds (if you want to root for some other team that sucks that is your bussiness) but Andy Reid and the rest of the staff are top notch. They have proven that time and again in this situation.
    Legally, I'm not permitted to root for the Eagles (I live north of the Mullica River and I am a Giants fan), but I certainly do not think they have a bad organization. I don't share TO's view of McNab. Westbrook is a class act. Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown are not TO, but they are not poor receivers.

Andy Reid is a great coach. At some point, you have to make a choice between the individual and the team. I think it took guts on Reid's part to can TO. If they go less than .500 for the remainder of the season (a definite possibility), he will probably be second guessed. But TO is a cancer in every aspect of the team. It was the right move to let him go.

If he goes to the Jets, that will be worse. Herman Edwards couldn't tie Andy Reid's shoes. He is also a notorious hothead who speaks without thinking very often. It will never work.

Bollinger could be an adequate QB if he has someone to throw to.

MembersZone Subscriber

George, Does that mean T.O. is not on your fantasy football team anymore.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tyler101
    George, Does that mean T.O. is not on your fantasy football team anymore.
    He's not even on my kid's XBox team.

Forum Member

Send him to Dallas (of which I am a fan) and let him and Keyshawn take each other out of the league for good.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

It's beem a media circus here. When the baseball team has the NL Rookie of the Year and a pitcher charged with attempted murder, the radio and TV are all TO all the time.

The best was the Domino's Pizza kid. The media is camped out, the kid delivers a coupla pies to TO's house and gets a $5 tip. He leaves it on the porch and holds his own press conference saying TO needs it to feed his family. The local radio was holding food drives for TO after he complained this summer that he needed a new contract to take care of his family.

Forum Member

I like the headline from a Canadian newspaper quoted on the Bob & Tom radio show.

"OWENS OPENS MOUTH, EAGLES INSERT BENCH"

TO there is no "I" in team and as far as the Eagles are concerned, there is no "U" either.

Stay Safe
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Last edited by firenresq77; 11-09-2005 at 08:34 PM. Reason: trying to delete
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

hey hey hey good bye

don't let the door hit you on the way out.

We don't want him in Dallas either. I think Philly should let him sit and do nothing for the rest of his contract.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Angry

TO ........................................to Bad !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

I think that T.O. is a gigantic horse's patoot. And even though on ESPN they said that they were not interested, this is just the type of reclamation project that AL Davis and the Raiders specialize in. See Lyle Alzado, Jim Plunkett, Tyrone Wheatley, Jerry Rice, Kerry Collins, Rich Gannon, Randy Moss et.al. Too bad, even though he is a jerk, we can all agree that he is a fantastically talented football player. Too Bad for the "Iggles". Oh, and by the way, has anyone else noticed that my New York Football Giants are currently 6-2, and sitting on top all alone in first place in the NFC East?
    Leroy140 (yes, THAT Leroy)
    Fairfield, CT, Local 1426
    IACOJ Tillerman

Forum Member

Yeah, I've noticed the New Yawk Foot Ball Giants (using the best berman voice that I can). The NFC east is a lot tougher than thought going into the season. Everyone was picking the birds to go back to the big game this year and now it seems it is anyones shot. Well almost anyone. The thing that sucks is the AFC is still so dominant. But I will stay with my pick of the colts in the superbowl, as far as the NFC team I would be a poor fan if I did not pick the eagles so I will stand by them.

On a much better note, I just scored 2 tickets to the Monday night Game, Philly vs Dallas. This is gonna be good.

Forum Member

there is no "I" in team
    There is no "we" or "us" either, but you can spell Eat Me!

Thread Information