MembersZone Subscriber

Default Membership Percentages

I am looking for information about how you hold your members percentages. My department has 5 career firefighters, and 50 volunteer firefighters. We average 637 calls a year with 208 EMS calls out of the 637. Our career guys work 8:00am to 16:00 and run all fires and ems, the volunteers do not run ems calls but if they show up they get credit and they recieve credit. EMS calls count for you if you show up but don't count against you if you do not show up.

We have been discussing a two platoon system where guys would only be charged for calls that come in when they are not working. I am specifcally looking for spreadsheets for this and also the setup of the fire programs software to keep track of it.

Also what is your required percentages if you have them?

Any suggestions or different ways that you complete this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Steve

MembersZone Subscriber

anybodym, anybody???????????????????

MembersZone Subscriber

Sombody has got to have some of this info, how do your depts keept track of membership percentages?????????????

Forum Member

we use a system similar to what you are talking about. We are either on night shift or day shift (6AM-6PM). We are responsible for 60% of the calls that come in on our shift and drills to stay in good standing (voting rights, incentive checks, etc.) and we must stay above 30% to avoid getting canned. We run ~600 calls per year (no EMS) and calls outside your shift are like extra credit...if I miss a call at night, but run one during the day, its like I never missed a call. I'll have to find out what program is used to compute percentages and I'll let you know.

www.palmerfire.org

Forum Member

old department got between 700 and 800 calls per year. you had to make 30% of all calls to stay in good standing

new department gets between 500 and 600 calls a year (I think). got to make at least 25% to stay in good standing.

both departments are 100% volunteer, run no EMS.

no fancy calculations, count the number of calls you make, divide taht by the total number of calls the dept gets in a year, and that's your number.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

We do about 800 total, 200 first responder runs, credit for those is the same as yours. We require 40% for officers, 25% for active firefighters. I'd like to go to a similar system too, let me know how it works out.

Forum Member

We run an average 0f 500+ with no EMS. We give everyone a ten hour window for work credit. Active members have to keep a 60% average.
    When opening up the roof remember plywood comes in 4' X 8' sheets.

www.94firedept.com

IACOJ proud member

Forum Member

We use Firehouse Software. Members must make 8% of total alarms and 18 drills to remain a member in good standing. 42 of our members met that criteria, with 36 making 10% or more of the calls. Our department has averaged betwen 650-725 calls a year, over the last 5 years, no EMS. You'll find that FH Software has a lot of options, avg. # of FF per call, # of calls per shift, response times and much more. It's been a great help in tracking the activity of our members and watching for trends within our department.
    Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way.

MembersZone Subscriber

We do between 1200-1400 calls per year, both fire and EMS first response. Well, last year was 1250, this year were already above 1300. We have 50 "active" members, which includes life members, fire police, non interior, and non EMS trained members. That shrinks 50 down to about 30 guys who make up the majority of the fire calls, and even less for EMS. Our only requirements are to make 15% of FIRE calls, 1 company meeting per quarter and 2 drills per quarter. EMS calls can only benefit you, but will not hurt you.

Forum Member

My volunteer department require 20% of alarms {we do about 375-400 no EMS} 50% Meetings, Drills, and Station Maintenace to be eligible to run for office or remain active the following year with out explination otherwise if fall below you must submitt a letter explaining your-self {most are night workers who can't make the activities and usually all letters are accepted }

Where I work {Combination House} - This particular company requires nothing from thier members in the form of percentages. They basically come and go at will and have no responsibilities {Career Staff handles maintenance, cleaning, EMS, administrative functions, banquet hall assistiance, and anything else the membership doesn't want to do like Fire Prevention activities, open houses and displays, and responding to most fire calls}

Yet each year they are all eligible to run for any office they choose.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD6413
    My volunteer department require 20% of alarms {we do about 375-400 no EMS} 50% Meetings, Drills, and Station Maintenace to be eligible to run for office or remain active the following year with out explination otherwise if fall below you must submitt a letter explaining your-self {most are night workers who can't make the activities and usually all letters are accepted }

Where I work {Combination House} - This particular company requires nothing from thier members in the form of percentages. They basically come and go at will and have no responsibilities {Career Staff handles maintenance, cleaning, EMS, administrative functions, banquet hall assistiance, and anything else the membership doesn't want to do like Fire Prevention activities, open houses and displays, and responding to most fire calls}

Yet each year they are all eligible to run for any office they choose.....
    I see you have two locations. What state do you work in?

www.94firedept.com

IACOJ proud member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFDTruck2
    I see you have two locations. What state do you work in?

I volunteer in New Jersey {Southern area 10 miles east of Camden City} and I work in Northern Delaware {New Castle County outside of Wilmington}

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD6413
    I volunteer in New Jersey {Southern area 10 miles east of Camden City} and I work in Northern Delaware {New Castle County outside of Wilmington}
    Don't you have to hold 60% in NJ to get your exemption.

www.94firedept.com

IACOJ proud member

Thread Information