Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We have them on all our apparatus. However, I personally don't know of a single instance where one has been used.

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Quote Originally Posted by orangebuster
    I know that we purchased them for one specific reason, and that was when we had some bad hydants that would not shut off in the County during winter months.
    We carry a water key to turn the hydrant off at the street in this situation. If that doesn't work, we call MLGW and have them shut the main off from another location.

What do you do? Leave a section of hose thats clamped off in the street until you can get someone else to turn the plug off for you? Not me.
    Robert Kramer
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

Default new recruit soon

well i wanted to know what's the paper exam is about, I'am a new recruit and I want to really just be informed about information about the exam, I'm not worried about the physical exam because i no i can past that it's just I'am a young guy who wants to help people, and I think fire fighter's are the best people to do it i would very much appriciate your reponse sir or miss thank u

contact me a my email jusblaze17@msn.com
    Last edited by Dmillz; 11-23-2005 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmillz
    well i wanted to know what's the paper exam is about, I'am a new recruit and I want to really just be informed about information about the exam, I'm not worried about the physical exam because i no i can past that it's just I'am a young guy who wants to help people, and I think fire fighter's are the best people to do it i would very much appriciate your reponse sir or miss thank u

contact me a my email jusblaze17@msn.com
    Hey pal. I think you posted in the wrong thread, and before you advance too far in your fire department career, you may want to concentrate on English.
    Robert Kramer
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Thread Information