Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Bill O'Reilly tells Al Qaeda to blow up San Francisco

Proving he is Fox News' leading Crackpot, Bill O'Reilly declares San Francisco NOT worth saving.

I'm sure conservatives are lapping this up like honey.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Default Misleading???

Unless you posted the wrong link I did not see anywhere in the article where Bill O'Reilly told Al Quaeda to blow up San Francisco. Coit Tower maybe but not San Francisco.

More typical liberal spin.....

Its not that he is saying "oh hey Al Quaeda go blow up San Fran" he is saying that if they wanted to be their own country and got attacked that the US wouldnt back them up simply because if he was president this is how he would react when the citizens voted to oppose military recruitment in public schools and to ban handgun ownership.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Quote Originally Posted by MrIrons

More typical liberal spin.....
    Here is the quote in its entirety in an audio clip.

The citizens of SF also pay taxes. For O'Reilly to say anything that states it's okay for terrorists to attack an American city is outrageous. I can't believe anyone with the sense God gave a lemon would even remotely think this is okay. The reason no one would ever say that about anyplace in Iowa is if that happened, it would be weeks before anyone knew about it.

Please point me to any liberal pundit or politico that has said anything remotely comparable.
    Last edited by scfire86; 11-15-2005 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Here is the quote in its entirety in an audio clip.

The citizens of SF also pay taxes. For O'Reilly to say anything that states it's okay for terrorists to attack an American city is outrageous. I can't believe anyone with the sense God gave a lemon would even remotely think this is okay. The reason no one would ever say that about anyplace in Iowa is if that happened, it would be weeks before anyone knew about it.

Please point me to any liberal pundit or politico that has said anything remotely comparable.
    I didn't see any liberal spin either...

I do think the ban on military recruiters is rediculous, and is a kick in the face to the military...I thought schools were supposed to encourage ANY career path...I guess you could say I'm a liberal....but even to this I have to say: "WTF San Francisco!"

But regardless Bill O'Reilly is an arogant, loud-mouthed jackhole who needs to learn to think before he speaks...let's not forget that he works for "Faux" News: The Voice of the Right. Speaking of "spin"....have you ever watched his supposed "No Spin-Zone"? What a joke...its nothing but "spin"!

With that said, I as an Iowan take offense to your comment above...we just had tornadoes on Saturday and it was national news by Sunday morning! (Seriously kidding...I don't really take offense...just giving you a hard time!)
    Last edited by medicmaster; 11-16-2005 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    With that said, I as an Iowan take offense to your comment above...we just had tornadoes on Saturday and it was national news by Sunday morning! (Seriously kidding...I don't really take offense...just giving you a hard time!)
    At least someone here has a sense of humor. I pulled the line (with similarities) out of an old James Bond movie.

And where are all the conservatives decrying such an outrageous statement? Lots of hits on the thread. But not much else.

Does the 'H' word come to mind?
    Last edited by scfire86; 11-16-2005 at 07:06 AM.

Forum Member

Default Liberal spin

The liberal spin to which I referred was your title to the thread. O'Reilly never said that, you did.

Wow you are really mean making fun of my home state. Whats next your dad can beat up my dad...

Quote Originally Posted by MrIrons
    Wow you are really mean making fun of my home state. Whats next your dad can beat up my dad...
    I guess it's time to revert to an old classic.

"I know you are but what am I?"

Forum Member

I guess it's time to revert to an old classic.

"I know you are but what am I?"

Aahhh, that one...

"Sticks and stones....."

Forum Member

O'Rielly is a crazy bastard... End of story.
    It is better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.

call me crazy but clip number 4 and i would have to say i agree with him. I dont believe he literaly ment attack the city.

listen to clip 4 and maybe you would understand
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Quote Originally Posted by BFDNJFF
    call me crazy but clip number 4 and i would have to say i agree with him. I dont believe he literaly ment attack the city.

listen to clip 4 and maybe you would understand
    Clip 1 says it all.

Clip 1 says it all.

i dont literaly think he ment to go ahead and do it Have you ever wish ill thaughts on someone ? But not actualy wanted it if the chance was given? Well kind of the same.

Honestly there should be some ramifications to SF for doing what they are doing. How can you ask to be protected by your country and yet you do not allow that country to recruit in your city ? Liberals have gone wild.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

i dont literaly think he ment to go ahead and do it Have you ever wish ill thaughts on someone ? But not actualy wanted it if the chance was given? Well kind of the same.

Honestly there should be some ramifications to SF for doing what they are doing. How can you ask to be protected by your country and yet you do not allow that country to recruit in your city ? Liberals have gone wild.
    I agree that SF is going a little over the edge here....but the fact remains that Bill O'Reilly is a loudmouth who doesn't think before he opens his mouth....the original point of the thread.

The military can still recruit in the city. They will just have to depend on HS students coming to them instead of the other way around.

And what ramifications should there be? The people in SF pay taxes just like everyone else. Do they not deserve to be protected?

Default I think you hit it right on the head!

Exactly!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

I saw the episode in question.He said in so many words to the effect that if San Francisco didn't want military recruiters in the public schools,then the rest of the US had no reason to defend SF against a terrorist attack.
    For myself,if that's their attitude of not wanting the military around because of the Iraqi operations,I am sure SFPD can handle it themselves.
    Yes, San Fransicans pay their taxes,just like the rest of us.However,if they are not wanting to allow recuiters from the military in the schools like they do for any industry on career day,then they shouldn't have career day at all and let the kiddies go looking for work outside of school and on their own time.
    They also shouldn't be holding their hands out for federal funding of schools if they don't want recruiters looking to new enlistees.

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson
    They also shouldn't be holding their hands out for federal funding of schools if they don't want recruiters looking to new enlistees.
    My relatives who live in the Bay Area have told me what brought this issue to a head was that military recruiters were demanding contact info for HS seniors. Name, address, and phone numbers. And then as graduation day neared they were being relentless in follow up calls to individual households. Particularly those who didn't look to be college bound.

I've heard this from more than one individual in that area. Maybe you can name another entity public or private that acts in that manner.

Forum Member

Newspapers ask for private contact numbers all the time.Ever get thrilled that a reporter wanted to ask you your opinion on a matter only to get a hatchet job done on you?
    BTDT.Hated it.
    The IRS has been known to give out information to discredit people as well.
    Are you sure that the government would NEVER act in such a hateful manner,no matter which party the President belonged to?

I've heard this from more than one individual in that area. Maybe you can name another entity public or private that acts in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson
    Newspapers ask for private contact numbers all the time.Ever get thrilled that a reporter wanted to ask you your opinion on a matter only to get a hatchet job done on you?
    BTDT.Hated it.
    The IRS has been known to give out information to discredit people as well.
    Are you sure that the government would NEVER act in such a hateful manner,no matter which party the President belonged to?
    And how many of those examples involve minors who haven't done anything other than get ready to turn 18?

Thread Information