Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default anyone got any info??

i'm a 20 yr old firefighter II and paramedic, various others certs as well, and having trouble locating any departments testing. does anyone know of any test coming up? thanks in advance for any input.

MembersZone Subscriber

Your biggest issue will be your age. I believe most municipalities require applicants to be 21 yrs old to apply. However, when you turn 21 you'll be in a great position to test! That EMT-P card is huge.

Kent FD is accepting apps thru next week. You can download the application and test info from their website.

Try checking careerbuilder.com This is the job search engine used by the Beacon Journal and the Chicago Tribune. They don't get all of the postings, but they catch a fair number.

My brother is a FF/PM in Ohio. He subscribed to a "Firejob" listing service. It helped him get his job.

Good luck.
    Last edited by FCDave24; 11-21-2005 at 08:35 AM.

Forum Member

Firefighter/Paramedic - City of Marysville. Salary range (depending on qualifications) is $36,445 - $50,804 with an excellent benefits package. The Civil Service test is scheduled for December 15, 2005, 6:30 pm (sharp), and the Union County Services Center, 940 London Avenue, Marysville, ohio. Our Division of Fire is a full service Fire and EMS operation protecting a 70 square mile first response district composed of rural, urban and industrial areas with 28 full-time and 15 part-time personnel. A high school diploma or its equivalent is required with an Associates Degree in EMS or Fire Science, or related discipline preferred. Certification by the State of Ohio as an EMT-P is required upon appointment and must be maintained for 6 years as a condition of employment. After 6 years this certification may be downgraded to EMT-B which must be maintained indefinitely as a condition of employment. Certification by the State of Ohio as a Firefighter Level II. Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid drivers license. Under the supervision of a Fire Lieutenant, this position is responsible for the daily duties of a Firefighter/Paramedic within the Division of Fire including fire suppression, EMS, HazMat, rescue, training, and daily maintenance of building, grounds, and apparatus. Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local Law and Ordinances pertaining to Emergency Services practices and procedures is essential. Applications are available on line at www.marysvilleohio.org or at City Hall. Applications and a $10 testing/processing fee are due by December 9, 2005, 4:00 pm. Send applications a fee to HR, City of Marysville, 125 East Sixth Street, Marysville, Ohio 43040 (737-645-1020) EOE and DFWP.

Forum Member

Columbus, OH Fire will be testing in spring of '06. Check out www.columbusfire.org

Forum Member

Look into Jackson Twp. Fire (part time to full time), test will be in March.

Also, Canton will be hiring a lot in a year or so.

Lammrover
    "Plan for the worst, hope for the best"

FF/EMT: Nimishillen Township FD
    EMT: AMR
    Fire/EMS/Police Dispatcher: CenCom
    Student: Stark State C.O.T.

MembersZone Subscriber

www.imaginemason.org
    look under employment. City of Mason between Cincinnatti and Dayton.

The City of Cincinnati is looking for exceptional Men and Women between the ages of 18 & 36 to become the newest members of the 1st paid professional fire department in the nation! Cincinnati Fire Department

24 Weeks of paid training $32,911 annually

Initial sign up on Saturday, February 11th from 8am to 1pm at Centennial II Plaza, 1st Floor Conference Room. 805 Central Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

Thereafter, applications will be accepted Monday thru Friday in the Human Resources Department at: Centennial II Plaza, 805 Central Ave., Suite 200 8:00am to 5:00pm

Applicant must not have reached age 37 by appointment date (estimated date of January 1, 2007)

On-line sign up will be available starting February 13th, 2006

For more information: contact Lt. Harold Wright (513) 352- 1684 Harold.Wright@Cincinnati-Oh.gov

Forum Member

Default cpat

anyone know where a CPAT certification can be obtained here in Ohio? PLease help!

Forum Member

Lammrover,
    I have yet to here about Jackson Twp. putting on a test. From what I understand, they are waiting on a levy that is coming up sometime this spring or early summer.

Canton just hired five guys from their list. Rumor has it that they want to put on a minimum of three more.

Cuyahoga Falls is giving a test on March 20th. Deadline for app. is March 8th.

I believe Columbus will begin accepting applications on April 26th.

Forum Member

hoselayer,
    What department do you need a CPAT certification for? Sorry, I don't know of any Ohio fire departments that use the CPAT.

nlfdrescue8,
    Firerecruit.com is a great web site for job postings. It's $60.00 for a year long subscription, and they cover every state in the US.

MembersZone Subscriber

alot of departments up by cleveland require the cpat, i know tri c is giving their next one on march 26

Forum Member

Maple Heights and University Heights both required a Tri-C certification. Willoughby and Mayfield Heights had their own agilities. I've never taken a CPAT although I hear the step machine is killer. I guess I'll find out as I'm beginning the process for Charlotte.

MembersZone Subscriber tyler101's Avatar

Ashland Fire Department is Testing, Deadline is April 19 2006. Test Date is April 26. For more information visit the city's website at http://www.ashland-ohio.com .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic515
    Lammrover,
    I have yet to here about Jackson Twp. putting on a test. From what I understand, they are waiting on a levy that is coming up sometime this spring or early summer.

Canton just hired five guys from their list. Rumor has it that they want to put on a minimum of three more.

Cuyahoga Falls is giving a test on March 20th. Deadline for app. is March 8th.

I believe Columbus will begin accepting applications on April 26th.
    Thats pretty much it. The chief out there (Heck) taught one of my college classes and that was what he told me. Jackson has great luck with passing leeves though.

Plain township will also be hiring 9 or 10 FT guys if the Plain Fire levey passes as well.

Where I work (Nim.) we are always hiring, its very informal. If you live out of the district though, you had better be a medic.

Ashland Ohio is testing soon, as well as New Philidolphia and Hartville may still be hiring part timers (medics only).

Lammrover

MembersZone Subscriber

lammrover, where is it that you work?

From lammrover's signature:

Health Officer: 7Ranges
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Talking Hireing

City of Montgomery near Cincinnati is looking for a FF/Medic. Go to the city site at http://www.ci.montgomery.oh.us/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nlfdrescue8
    lammrover, where is it that you work?
    Nimishilen township FD surrounding the city of Louisville, Ohio.

Technicly we are still a volly dept, but we staff two stations round the clock, each with at least one medic.

Pending the levey passing this spring, we will need tons more medics to staff the newly built station 3, as well as the normal rotation, we often have a hard time keepintg a medic on at each station.

Also passing the levey will bring increased pay and bennifits to all.

One guy who is a 36 hour FF and a medic that lives 45 minutes away got hired on the same time I did. He does not work a lot because of seniority issues, but he works a good amount.

Lammrover

Forum Member

Columbus Fire is accepting applications as we speak. Don't miss out on this great opportunity. You can find the link to apply online in the Hiring Forum. I believe the deadline is May 12th.

Thread Information