Forum Member

Question Seagrave Industrial pumper development

Hi guys. Just sitting here wondering whether or not Seagrave supplies any apparatus to industrial brigades. I know E-one and Pierce have provided some trucks to local industrial locations- but I'm not aware of any who have services provided by seagrave.

We have a pierce truck now, and to be honest- though I know from the polls that it is a heavy favourite down there, up here it has done little to blow anyone's hair back. This isn't to say we've had a great opportunity to put it through its paces- but product support has been horrible at the very best- and even then I'm not sure that I would want to insult the word horrible while comparing it to what we've experienced thus far.

So naturally I was going to inquire about the possibility of Seagrave, clearly an industry leader, developing a big gun for our growing plant site. And when I say big... I mean BIG.

I've looked at their site, and it shows nothing about industrial pumps- What I'd sort of like to pass on is any information from departments who may have taken that patient transport cab and converted that enormous rear area into a different type of storage area- and perhaps strapped it onto a chasis purposefully built into an industrial pump.

Thanks... hopefully this will give some of you a chance to show off some awesome rigs!
    Ian "Eno" McLeod

Train Hard, Fight Easy

Forum Member

Exclamation You wanna BIG gun???.....

It is not a Seagrave, but Sutphen has some recent industrial experience. Their latest product is the 110' Tank Killer. It is a 110' aerial that can flow 3000 gpm from 110' in the air from a draft or 4000 gpm from 100' in the air from a hydrant. Now that is a BIG GUN!!!!

Just putting it out there as another option!!
    I have but one ambition in life and that is to become a firefighter.

Forum Member

Thoes must be some big hydrant mains to supply 4000gpm.

Forum Member

Lightbulb Hydrant Supply

Water lines in Industrial setting often are much larger than those we use. Our refinery here keeps 150psi on the system and they use hydrants that supply 6" LDH. When we hook into their system we don't have to use the pump at all. But, it is usually in gear just at idle. It's really impressive!!
    I have but one ambition in life and that is to become a firefighter.

Forum Member

Yeah, there is a huge amount of water available up here- I know our system will eventually be able to provide about the same pressure from the hydrants.
    some of the trucks at nearby facilities have 3x5" intakes, two top deck monitors and an assortment of other bewildering equipment. Ever seen a 4000gpm trailer mounted montor? Needless to say, however, it still looks like a mouse raping an elephant when a couple million liter tank of oil is burning...

Thanks for the info on the sutphen... I think we may be stuck with E-one- which suits me... it's proven up here... but, I'd sure like to get some "trigger time" on a seagrave.
    Ian "Eno" McLeod

Train Hard, Fight Easy

MembersZone Subscriber

I know you do not like Pierce, but they, too make a nice unit. 5,000 GPM waterway.

http://www.piercemfg.com/apparatus/schwing.cfm
    FTM - PTB

Forum Member

The answer is a phone cal away. Just call them....I would venture to guess that a 125 year old apparatus builder has had at least a few under the belt. Because they do not advertise the fact could be just pure coincedence. Let us know the reply!

MembersZone Subscriber

Enos821,

Too bad that your Pierce support is less than desireable. We took delivery of a 105' Industrial Platform in 2003, and we also had some problems getting good service from a local Pierce dealer. After giving them several months to get up to par, we wrote a scathing letter directly to the head of Pierce. We got a personnal call from him in a day, our problems were remedied immediately, and ( I don't know if our note had any bearing in this) the dealership in our area quit \ left \ was run out and a new company with first rate service took over.

Our experience with Appleton has been all positive, other than the initial after-sale service, and we just placed an order with them for a new Industrial pumper for our refinery. As an aside, it will have (2) 2000 GPM RC deck guns on the rear corners, and a 5000 GPM RC deck gun amidship...................

Chris Pomeroy

Forum Member

diablo, When your new rig comes in, take a pic of that 5000GPM deck gun flowing water. I would like to see that much water from one nozel.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ledebuhl1,

Will do. Delivery will be around Sept '06 . We have started to install hydrant manifolds in our facility with (6) 5" Storz outlets to feed our apparatus

Diablo

Thread Information