Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MembersZone Subscriber ROOKIELZ's Avatar

Well...here we go...

I thought the video was cool partially because a classic song (who reminded me of a very influencial man; my first chief) has been re-done and I could (for once) appreciate a different interpretation of a much-loved favourite.

I do not necessarily watch every cotton-picking video with firefighting imagery with the intent to pick it apart and play armchair quarterback. Sometimes, I identify with the people in the video and feel empathy for them when they are dealing with a particularly nasty situation. Not every video needs to be viewed as a training film, particularly if the intent is for it to be the backdrop to a song.

That would be my .02 on the subject so I'll let you folks get back to your debate..............
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

I think it's great

two cents more

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce151
    Social Distortion is definitly PUNK... (Shivers)
    Call em what you want - they still kick *****!

tny
    MembersZone Subscriber

OUTSTANDING!

Stay Safe

Forum Member

Default Clueless?

Berks2Montco84 thinks...
    "What is it with firefighters who cut holes in a roof with fire VENTING all around them? There's absolutely no point to it, the fire's already venting! All you're doing is unnecessarily risking your life....."

These type statements are what gives certain segments of the fire service a bad name. Before you go mouthing off about tactics, I would suggest having more than book knowledge in the subject. I would bet that if youre crawling the halls you would be praying there is an aggressive truckie on that roof popping the top. But then again, lets all stand outside and save the damn foundation. Hey, we could also use our new 1/2 million dollar tower ladder to play a master stream into the one story dwelling thru the window. Stick to parades my friend.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink Easy guys

Quote Originally Posted by Berks2Montco84
    What is it with firefighters who cut holes in a roof with fire VENTING all around them? There's absolutely no point to it, the fire's already venting! All you're doing is unnecessarily risking your life.....
    That same thought crossed my mind but we donít know whatís under those roofs.
    Risk vs. benefit, itís the thin line between being aggressive and being stupid.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriTownship600
    Risk vs. benefit, itís the thin line between being aggressive and being stupid.
    Or being stupidly aggressive...

Not to get into tactics...but when venting...OPEN THE BUILDING UP!!!! If it's one, or 200 holes..open it up. No use to keep that crap in there with you. One of the most favorite things I've ever done is aggressive roof venting on a flat, or almost flat roof. The best part in that vid, is when the guy is smacking the hell outt the roof with his axe, then throws it aside and just goes at the roof with the saw like a man possessed, I'd take him as my truckie any day.
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU
    OH BOY...One of the big dawgs just showed up, one of my mentors...Brian. Thanks for sheding some light on the subject.

Take care...Brett
    Thanks for the kind wishes, and please, know that I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay at the back of the pack and truly unworthy of being anybody's big dawg.

Please stay safe my Brother,

Brian
    Please no e-mail. Public replies only. Thank you!

The best part in that vid, is when the guy is smacking the hell outt the roof with his axe, then throws it aside and just goes at the roof with the saw like a man possessed,
    He was "sounding" the roof prior to cutting.

That same thought crossed my mind but we donít know whatís under those roofs.
    Yes we do.....FIREFIGHTERS

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by E229Lt
    He was "sounding" the roof prior to cutting.
    Yes we do.....FIREFIGHTERS
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Brian
    Please no e-mail. Public replies only. Thank you!

Forum Member

What kind of saws are they using? They look like regular chainsaws. Maybe they are a Husqy or cutters edge and I'm not seeing it clearly? My department is looking for a nice saw to compliment the bulkier K12. Excellent video though...

Forum Member

"The best part in that vid, is when the guy is smacking the hell outt the roof with his axe, then throws it aside and just goes at the roof with the saw like a man possessed..."- PFD4life

That was favorite part too! He's up there gitting her done!

What saws? We use Cutters edge with a Bullet tipped blade for our roof saws

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er
    I saw the Nerd Signal flashing in the sky, so I zipped over as fast as I could click.

http://www.jusspress.com/photos/4449...119/114744.flv

Copy and paste into your browser and it will prompt you to save the file. It is a Macromedia Flash Video file, so your options are limited ...
    That Nerd signal must be bright...

I'm not sure if this will work, and I'm not able to test it at the moment, but download the 114744.flv file using BC79er's instructions, then download the zip file below.

Unzip the file and place the resulting EXE and the FLV file both in the same directory and run the 114744.exe file.

The EXE is a Flash player, created by me, using Macromedia Flash Professional 8 and should play the file without having Flash installed.

(Even though I made the file and know it is virus free, please don't take my word for it & be sure to use an appropriate anti-virus scanner prior to running the program.)

Flash Player

I found the video interesting. I don't have sound at work so I missed that part. It definitely shows some aggressive operations. I understand what inspection hole are and do use them. In the one clip I'd be nervous with where they were in that video. I just wouldn't want them that close behind my guys. When that lit up and the butt muscles tightened I wouldn't won't them to back up and drop a leg in one.

"The best part in that vid, is when the guy is smacking the hell outt the roof with his axe, then throws it aside and just goes at the roof with the saw like a man possessed..."- PFD4life
    I think that is the best part of this video training wise. That looked almost textbook to me.

Stay Safe

Thread Information