Overheated Wood-Burning Stove Ignites House Fire
Save It Email It Print It
(KUTV) LOGAN, Utah Crews responded to a house from in Logan early Saturday morning.

The incident happened just after midnight at 485 West Center Street. Investigators said the family had been using their wood burning stove all evening. When it became too hot, the heat to spread and a fire eventually ignited outside the stove.

The blaze moved throughout the home causing about $40,000 in damage.

One person was home at the time of the fire and was able to get out without any injuries.