Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Weird eBay Auction - Rolling 9/11 Memorial?

This one takes the case, weird, bordering insane.. Honestly, what some people will do to make money...

A Rolling 9/11 Memorial. More like an extreme whacker mobile, or someone advertising that you really can buy ANYTHING on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5635578262

When the twin towers came down on September 11, 2001, I like many people in the civilized world was in shock. Not that this could happen in America, but to so many innocent people.

At that time I started decorating my car as a tribute to the people and families that lost so much on that day. I started small with firemen figurines, and quickly spread to larger items, such as two authentic fire helmets, a statue of liberty, models of rescue workers and vehicles etc. An eagle on the hood as well as other decorations are not only a tribute to this country, and 9/11, but to diversity itself.

As we have traveled across the country some five times with this car. Our trips were engaged with camera crews and reporters from various cities, and it has appeared on various television stations and in newspapers from California to New York, as well as Canada.

Tourists from all over have been fascinated by this car and my quest to sustain a moving monument to the travesty that happened on this day. Thousands of pictures have been taken of the car thus far, and continues to attract crowds.

I've put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this monument and the car itself is sound and is in excellent running condition. I have recently move to Western New York and I do not believe that the decorations will withstand the winters... At this point I am looking for someone or even a museum that will preserve the car so people can continue to enjoy it.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Thumbs down

If he feels that strongly about it, he should be donating the car to a museum in NY. Not asking a starting bid of $5500US.

There hasn't been one bid.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Well they both obviously took a lot of work, but I agree with Sher that the first guy is pretty tasteless trying to profit off the damn thing.

You could argue the same for the second one too since it is a commercial vehicle, but since I can barely find the company name on the truck, I gotta give him props for all that effort. Whether or not it is your cup of tea, it is nicely done.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Thread Information