MembersZone Subscriber

Default Denver firefighter arrested on weapons charges

Denver Firefighter Arrested For Allegedly Selling Machine Guns

POSTED: 3:52 pm MST November 22, 2005
    UPDATED: 6:24 pm MST November 22, 2005
    Email This Story | Print This Story

DENVER -- A Denver firefighter was arrested by the FBI Tuesday morning for allegedly selling an illegal machine gun without a license.

The arrest affidavit goes so far as to say the firefighter, Stan Taran Ford, may have ties to a domestic terrorism organization and have anti-U.S. sympathies.

Ford was arrested early Tuesday morning in front of his home. He has been suspended from the fire department without pay. He was hired in February, 1999.

He faces two counts of possessing and selling automatic machine guns.

The FBI Domestic Terrorism Task Force had been investigating Ford's case for a year, according to the affidavit. Investigators said Ford sold two different types of automatic weapons in April and August 2005 to undercover agents.

Ford is scheduled for a preliminary hearing Nov. 28.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Nice ........ NOT
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Default Stan Ford

Just FYI, I know this person and the things that the Denver Colorado newspapers printed are not entirely accurate. Mr. Ford was accused of a number of things that weren't true.

When they talked about the ammunitions found... were they talking about bb's or something more substantial? They never said. And, anyone who owns a BB gun knows that around 4,000 to 6,000 rounds are normal for one little package.

All of these accusations didn't hold up in court, I might add. The lanugage flash cards they found related to his grandfather who came from a European country. The little revolver with the obliterated serial number was purchased from a police officer legally. The guns sold were primarily nonfuntional (from what I've heard). The FBI agent incessantly approached Mr. Ford before he gave in to finding what the agent was looking for.

This Frame-up of Mr. Ford was nearly dismissed entirely. I guess the federal agency farce had to save face somehow.
    Mr. Ford is currently in a low security prison for a year as a result of this nonsense and his reputation is unfairly shattered.

Default Hello Friend

Do you know if this guy was a diehard patriotic American who was making waves concerning such issues as the NORTH AMERICAN UNION and other political shenanigans?
    I am a 27 year VFF, an EMT Retired and Ex-Paratrooper and ain't real happy with some things I have learned concerning the SECURITY AND PROSPERITY PARTNERSHIP OF NORTH AMERICA.
    Quote Originally Posted by topnotch1 View Post
    Just FYI, I know this person and the things that the Denver Colorado newspapers printed are not entirely accurate. Mr. Ford was accused of a number of things that weren't true.

When they talked about the ammunitions found... were they talking about bb's or something more substantial? They never said. And, anyone who owns a BB gun knows that around 4,000 to 6,000 rounds are normal for one little package.

All of these accusations didn't hold up in court, I might add. The lanugage flash cards they found related to his grandfather who came from a European country. The little revolver with the obliterated serial number was purchased from a police officer legally. The guns sold were primarily nonfuntional (from what I've heard). The FBI agent incessantly approached Mr. Ford before he gave in to finding what the agent was looking for.

This Frame-up of Mr. Ford was nearly dismissed entirely. I guess the federal agency farce had to save face somehow.
    Mr. Ford is currently in a low security prison for a year as a result of this nonsense and his reputation is unfairly shattered.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by topnotch1 View Post

I could not find sentencing information but he in fact was found guilty by a jury on one charge of selling a machine gun.

Thread Information