MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default I'm Not Real Up On Country Music

But I heard this one for the first time in a night club just outside CFB Petawawa, the evening after the Remeberance Day ceremonies in Ottawa.

(I hope the link works)

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa_hq...cancon2005.htm (click on the hyperlink "The Red and White".)
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

That night club wouldn't have been called Sassy's, would it?
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

MembersZone Subscriber

I spent three years at CFB Petawawa when I was with 2 Airborne Commando of the Canadian Airborne Regiment. That was 20 years ago and the base has changed a lot since then. Ahhh, the memories

Dave

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Rookie, I know the place you mean, and no, or at least its not called that anymore. Its the "Great Canadian Warehouse" now, just on the main drag from the base.

Hey Dave, I'm not so sure that much would have changed other than the faces and the names The buildings are still in the same place, although they have upgraded most of the barrack blocks now. Although I must say, I still dont see the attraction of stepping off a perfectly functioning a/c while in mid-flight! I've never been posted there, but have had several visists over the past 10 years. Mostly Bonspiels - oh and my "indoctrination" to the RCR Battle School during my JLC in 96. HHUUAAAAHHH!

Just look for "Ghosty Knoll" on the map east of the ranges - you'll find my foot prints all over it. (Rotten bloody mapquests.. errr I mean combat patrols LOL)
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 11-23-2005 at 08:27 AM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROOKIELZ
    That night club wouldn't have been called Sassy's, would it?
    Na, couldnt be. Sassy's is down the street from me.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7
    Rookie, I know the place you mean, and no, or at least its not called that anymore. Its the "Great Canadian Warehouse" now, just on the main drag from the base.

Hey Dave, I'm not so sure that much would have changed other than the faces and the names The buildings are still in the same place, although they have upgraded most of the barrack blocks now. Although I must say, I still dont see the attraction of stepping off a perfectly functioning a/c while in mid-flight! I've never been posted there, but have had several visists over the past 10 years. Mostly Bonspiels - oh and my "indoctrination" to the RCR Battle School during my JLC in 96. HHUUAAAAHHH!

Just look for "Ghosty Knoll" on the map east of the ranges - you'll find my foot prints all over it. (Rotten bloody mapquests.. errr I mean combat patrols LOL)
    I was back in Pet a couple years ago, I think Sassy's was a peeler joint just down from the main gate. I couldn't believe how much the area had changed since 1985.
    I think I'd rather leap from a C-130 with full equipment in the dead of night into scrub rather than land in one of the things*LOL*
    I spent so much time in the training area there I bet I could find my way around blindfolded*L*
    Dave

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Oh Sassy's!

I've spent man a weekend leave in that little $#!thole. Back in my days of reckless youth, I've had (and given) lots of black eyes to prove it too.

That place was a friggin institution.

And the song is nice. Not as stand-up compelling as some of the US tunes, but very nice to listen to. It is nice to finally see a little attention being given to those who deserve it.
    Last edited by mcaldwell; 11-23-2005 at 03:10 PM.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Thread Information