Thread: Jiri Fisher

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Jiri Fisher

This was the most frightening thing I have ever seen at a hockey game. I pray that he will be all right.

http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/11/244516.html

Forum Member

Thank God for AED's.

Sounds like he became one of the millions of seemingly healthy people who suffer sudden cardiac arrest each year.

I wish him a speedy recovery

Fire Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    Sounds like he became one of the millions of seemingly healthy people who suffer sudden cardiac arrest each year.
    Not quite... he was diagnosed with a heart condition a few years ago, but the team paid the doctors enough to get him cleared for play.
    Resident Chaplain of the IACOJ

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I debated posting the article yesterday but couldn't decide where to put it. EMS? Off Duty? Here?

Can't find it now I'll have to look later, gotta get ready for work. It was a good article.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Since he is going to be (apparently) OK, I think a little levity is not in bad taste...

Did you see the Red Wings skaters grab the stretcher from EMS as they were trying to tippy toe across the ice? They may be on to something here. EMS could jump traffic by having the stretcher pulled by 2 EMT's on roller blades. One of them would have to be able to make siren sounds.

Forum Member

One of my buddies (ffsmromstadt13) was there at the game in one of the suites above the Wings' bench. He said it was unbelieveable.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Not only the stadium went numb, but I believe the whole viewing audience did too. I was on duty when it happened; we just sat and stared at the TV in disbief. A friend of mine (ems) was at the ambulance entrance when they brought him to the hospital and he said he was still pretty much out of it.

AED's should be in every public assembly.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I never did find that article again ... basically it said exactly that, AED's should be in every place of public assembly. Plus it went into detail about everyone's roles and how well everything went.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

what is an AED? i didn't see the game. but he was cleared to play again. that's the cool thing that he was ok.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakebty
    what is an AED?
    Are you serious???

An AED stands for Automated External Defibrillator...it is a device which utilizes a computer program to analyze a pt's heart rhythm and deliver a shock if needed.

It comes equipped with voice prompts which direct the person using it what to do. You can buy these for your home now.

Forum Member

sorry. i'm only 14. yes i am serious. i thought it was a defibrillator of some sort, but i wasn't sure.

Forum Member

It was on the Local News last evening that Jiri having been released from the hospital had to be taken back in again for an "Abnormal heart Rythm"

As far as the Red Wings Players who made time with the EMS stretcher.....that was a Universal EMS crew a Private provider not a DFD crew.

Another observation was when what looked like CPR was initiated there were two suits who looked like they were BOTH doing chest compressions......is this a new standard on CPR????
    I.A.C.O.J IRISH TATTOOED-HOOLIGAN

DETROIT FIRE FIGHTER AND PROUD!

Forum Member

Thanks for the update, MO

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information