Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber nozzelvfd's Avatar
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Arrow Gobble Gobble !!!!!

I am at work for 12 hours makin pHAT $$$$$$$$$$ ...tomorrow just got back after being off 5 days so it is kinda weird to come back and then have a holiday. Everyone eat turkey, enjoy a food coma, and be safe. 210 I hope it is warm where you are !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Weruj1
    I am at work for 12 hours makin pHAT $$$$$$$$$$ ...tomorrow just got back after being off 5 days so it is kinda weird to come back and then have a holiday. Everyone eat turkey, enjoy a food coma, and be safe. 210 I hope it is warm where you are !
    I know what you are saying. Im working EMS 48hrs through the holidays. Excellent $$$. Hope everyone has a safe extended weekend and be careful traveling.
    Steve
    Lietuenant 107
    Morton Township Fire/Rescue
    "Good to Go"

Thumbs up

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends from FH.Com. It is a pleasure knowing you and serving the people we protect as a team. We may be spread across the country, but together we stand.

To all our brothers and sisters who are on shift today or providing volunteer coverage in their communities today......be safe and thanks!

Let us stop a moment and pray for all our brothers and sisters in arms that are serving our nation elsewhere!

God Bless you all....
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captstanm1

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends from FH.Com. It is a pleasure knowing you and serving the people we protect as a team. We may be spread across the country, but together we stand.

To all our brothers and sisters who are on shift today or providing volunteer coverage in their communities today......be safe and thanks!

Let us stop a moment and pray for all our brothers and sisters in arms that are serving our nation elsewhere!

God Bless you all....
    Stan has the plan!
    For the crusty old jakes, go here for more of my thoughts on this special day:
    http://www.iacoj.com/modules.php?nam...owpage&pid=116
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Default Thanks Chief!!

I've just finished reading your piece on Thankgiving at IACOJ website, and I'm writing this with tears in my eyes. You see, my mother died nearly six weeks ago, on Canadian Thanksgiving. I've been kicking myself since then for the things I said, the things I didn't say and the times I got P.O.'d at her for well, just being her! But at her funeral, so many people got up and told stories of the funny, kind and jokester woman that she was, something I either didn't see, or chose not to see. If one can say a funeral was great (given the circumstances), then my mum's funeral was fabulous. We even played 'Roll out the Barrel' to send her on her way!
    Thanks for putting into words the things that I'm feeling. Although our growing up situations were different, in many ways they were alike, and like you, I never felt I wanted for anything. Actually, you've kickstarted my grieving process, and I thank you for that.

God bless you and your family, and I'll bet my mum and your parents are having a whale of a time up in heaven!

And Happy Thanksgiving to all of my 'murrican' brothers and sisters. Stay safe, enjoy your time with your friends and family, and keep the faith!!

Cheers

Pat
    Last edited by CommDiva; 11-24-2005 at 03:35 PM.
    Communications Diva of the IACOJ, and proud member of the WOT!

Bagpipes: They put the fun back in funerals!!

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

CommDiva: you're welcome.
    It wasn't my intention to reveal that much emotion, but once I sat down and started punching it out on the computer, it was tough to hold it back.
    I know that many have had issues with their parents and I am sure there are those who were treated poorly by their parents, but I have to believe that the vast majority of moms and dads had the best of intentions while raising us.
    And I know that many of us would have done it differently were our folks still living. But it isn't too late. We can do it differently, because it's the right thing to do anyway.
    And those who have an opportunity to fix it now, should.
    You have my condolences and best regards.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Art,

Thanks so much for that wonderful bit of writing! As I sit at the close of this Thanksgiving, I think back on all the wonderful times at my parents house. We always had that big feast on this day, but today was different as Mom passed away last February. This time last year she was so sick and really unable to cook and get ready for the big day, but somehow she managed. My wife and sister went up to Mom's early and helped out and she made it through the day. My brothers and sister each did their own thing today, it's not the end of family but it's not the same.

But, we can still be thankful for a lot! Even though Mom and Dad have gone, I know that they are united in Heaven, no more pain and suffering!
    I'm thankful for all the friends I've made on FH and the IACOJ, my Wife and two wonderful kids, my brothers and sister, and for Jesus who watches over us every day of the year.

Take the time to tell someone that YOU LOVE THEM! Not just your family, but those special friends around you, the people who impact you every day!
    The people we lean on when we're having a hard time, the people we E-mail or PM for help or support.

Sorry for the rambling.....
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Thread Information