MembersZone Subscriber

Default Toothpaste flavors?

I'd been meaning to bring up this important topic for a long time, but the Thanksgiving holiday was the last straw. My family and I traveled to visit family, so I had to borrow my husband's toothpaste, which was-this is disgusting-orange flavored!!!! Now, in my opinion, there should be a law against any toothpaste that isn't some form of mint. Nothing else makes my mouth feel clean except for mint. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way, or am I just weird?

Forum Member

You're weird.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Very weird...

Crest Whitening Expressions, Citrus Breeze....the "disgusting orange flavor" you were refering too. Only thing I buy, only thing I use

MMMmmmmmmmmm.....candy!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lyncourt49
    Very weird...

Crest Whitening Expressions, Citrus Breeze....the "disgusting orange flavor" you were refering too. Only thing I buy, only thing I use

MMMmmmmmmmmm.....candy!
    I'm on the mint side here........... EWWWWWWW @ other flavors. Gotta be nice 'n' minty. There have been a few times I've had to use my kids toothpaste (Crest for Kids) and damn near gagged cuz it tasted like crap, not minty at all.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

My vet suggested that I buy beef flavored toothpaste for the dogs!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I personally love AIM !!!!!!!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weruj1
    I personally love AIM !!!!!!!
    But the question is ..... Does IT love you?
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

First off it was your husbands toothpaste NOTYOURS!!! Typical wife.....LOL.

It's always good to want what your wife doesnt so she wont share or it leaves a bad taste in her mouth....LMAO!!!

But seriously I use good ole Colgate mint stripe, then Listerine!!!
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Forum Member

My girls (6 and 3) have bubble gum flavored tooth paste.
    Good thing I don't use it...I'd end up eating it right from the tube!

I use the mint flavor, but the citrus has me curious. I may just give it a try.

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Forum Member

Dude, this is so worth at least 10 pages of posts easy!

As for me? Well, I use what my wife buys on the cheap. And I like it very much (if I know what is good for me.)
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFire23
    But the question is ..... Does IT love you?
    ..no cavities in 36 years !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

I love the Orange stuff too....but the plain old crest mint still can be nice after a 24 and you have ambo breath.
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Forum Member

My teeth dont feel clean if it isnt mint flavoured

Cant stand the bubblegum flavours and all that...it doesnt seem right.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Weruj1
    ..no cavities in 36 years !
    Same here (well, 33 years anyway). My Dentist tells me I have the toughest teeth and jaw that he has ever seen, and I can second that after having my wisdom teeth out. It took three Dentists and six months to finally get them finished, and when they finally came out, they took a good part of my jaw with them.

I was a Mint Crest guy my whole life, but recently I changed to Mint Sensodyne. For all the physical "toughness", I have incredibly temperature sensitive teeth.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

They had to take pieces of my jaw out too when they removed mine. It was tricky as some facial nerves were intertwined with the roots of the teeth

Then for just a little over a year after they took the teeth out small pieces of bone would work themselves up through my gums. It was GROSS !!!!

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

cimmamon here. crest I believe.

Now this guy here, I don't know what brand he uses.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Cinnamon crest here. Love it. Haven't tried the orange yet. Now "Vanilla", that's just wrong.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 50FFEMT
    Cinnamon crest here. Love it. Haven't tried the orange yet. Now "Vanilla", that's just wrong.
    Orange for me. Good stuff. Ive tried the vanilla mint but didnt care for it. Thats strange cause Im a vanilla guy (candy, ice cream, coffee creamer), must be the mix of vanilla and mint I dont like. Havent tried the cinnamon yet.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Crest peppermint, or spearmint. Nothing like a cold glass of water right after a mint brush job.

Maybe I'll try that orange stuff just for giggles.
    There goes the neighborhood.

Forum Member

Someone once gave me one of those travel packs that have all your different shampoo, toothpaste, shaving cream (gel type) and all that sorta stuff. I decided that i was gonna get some use out of it so one day when i slept at a mates place i took it with me. We went out drinking and the next morning my head was full of lead and my mouth was full of cotton so i went to brush my teeth. All the tubes in that damn kit were exactly the same, so i made sure i got the right one labelled toothpaste, put it down to get my toothbrush out, but i had also taken the shaving cream one out whilst trying to make room for my toothpaste search. I picked up the tube of gel shaving cream and well... lets just say it tasted BAD! woke me up real quick though

From now on i keep my hsaving cream in a can and my toothpaste in what can only be a toothpaste tube. None of those stupid travel packs
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can stomach the cinnamon flavour...

but MINT is what I buy and I get a bunch when it goes on sale just to make sure that my hubby doesn't take it into his head that we need a change. (Hence the discovery that cinnamon can be endured when it is the only thing available )
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kentbwj
    I'd been meaning to bring up this important topic for a long time, but the Thanksgiving holiday was the last straw. My family and I traveled to visit family, so I had to borrow my husband's toothpaste, which was-this is disgusting-orange flavored!!!! Now, in my opinion, there should be a law against any toothpaste that isn't some form of mint. Nothing else makes my mouth feel clean except for mint. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way, or am I just weird?
    My girlfriend says the same thing, and I tell her that she's weird, so I guess that makes you weird too.....

Forum Member

Only use mint plain toothpaste. I found out that I'm allergic to any toothpaste with whiting or tarter control in it.

I do use the orange mouthwash though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Gotta be mint here.

Although I *might* consider cinnamon.

NOT orange in a million years.

I often drink coffee on the way to work, after having brushed my teeth - and coffee goes real nice with the mint taste... cinnamon would be fine too. But orange would definitely clash.
    -------;- "Aaaaa!!"
    Remember - always wear your helmet around one-eyed women with pike poles

Thread Information