Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The ability to laugh at yourself and also to enjoy the irony of situations in life is a trait that all good grant consultants ( and probabaly a few Fire Chiefs)need to have and should excercise freely. It is either that, or constant crying and bellyaching; the latter being a sure fire way to a prescription for Nexium and Valium or is that the other way around? Wait, I have to look at this bottle! Oh,my mistake this is Jack Daniels. AHHHHH! relief is just a good swig away!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Thought about it, but since I like to eat and my mortgage company likes to get paid, I'll have to wait until I'm independently wealthy to try that pursuit. Since they took Last Comic Standing off the air, I'd say my chances are even more slim of the latter happening. And since I'm tone deaf and have self-respect American Idol is out along with nearly every other reality show for that matter. I did have an app ready for The Apprentice but missed the deadline.

I must admit I was on my way to being on one reality show though, but they decided not to do a US version. Was down to the last 50 for a Rally Racer show and was supposed to go to Florida for the final interviews but since rally racing isn't popular in the US, they dropped the idea. Details. Would have been neat, 16 contestants racing weekly with eliminations, and last driver left got their own Rally team and traveled on the tour for a year.

....and your wife lets you do those things? Wow, and I thought I was the only one with "strange hobbies". I think I'll stick to the karaoke stage, thank you!
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Hey if there's prize money to be made and she thinks I could do it I'll get hand prints in my back from her pushing me out the door. College is expensive, and with the kid being 18.5 years away from getting to one, it will be even worse then. Which is why I'm hoping for the full athletic ride scholarship. I'm still saving up for it, but if the kids get scholarships Daddy can blow the savings on his mid-life crisis classic 57 Corvette Convertible.

Hey, been there, done that. The "better half" is who pushed me onto the first karaoke stage and she is always putting me into contests all over the place. Of course , it has paid off with several nice cruises and some rather expensive new "bling" for her ( yea, alright I bought my hunting ATV too with it). Has me worried though, I saw a slip for an appointment at the " Nip & Tuck" place with a $20K price tag attached to it. I have a feeling that her middle age crisis is about to begin. Guess I better start planning a seminar in Nashville and get into one of those high dollar contests. If this "Goodyear" was not around my waistline and the "Grecian Formula" lasted longer maybe a run at "American Idol". " Biggest Loser" came on after the gastric by-bass so that is out the door too! I have come to the realization that "reality shows" are still not "reality", otherwise they would have something for us geezers to do. Hey, maybe I hit on something there. "Hello, Dick Clark; how about "American Bandstand -Geezer Edition"! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information