Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Exclamation Hi from Paris (France)

Hi everyone !

Fisrt of all, sorry for my poor english but I'll try to do my best !

I'm a french Firefighter of 28 years old at Paris (france) and I'm going to be in NY for holidays with my girlfriend from 9 december to 13 !

That's why, I'd like to have contacts with a NY Firefighter to be able to visit one of the place where they used to work !

I have also a Franch helmet to sell so if one of you is interested by this helmet (F1 type), you just have to mail me at : flashover747@msn.com

Thanks for all !

I do support your troops .

Hello from New Jersey Flashover. I hope you enjoy your trip.
    When opening up the roof remember plywood comes in 4' X 8' sheets.

www.94firedept.com

IACOJ proud member

Forum Member

Thanks ! I hope that Thanksgiving was a good day for you !

Forum Member

Flash: why don't you just stay home and save your money to support the anti-american war effort?

Quote Originally Posted by wag11c
    Flash: why don't you just stay home and save your money to support the anti-american war effort?
    Whats up with that. Remember we are all brothers here.

GREETINGS and welcome to the form from Ohio. Hope to see you get a better welcome from the brothers here.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member
    Whangaparaoa Peninsular North Island New Zealand

Default Be aware

I am sure that a warm welcome awaits your visitor--BUT (there is always a but). I am British by birth but Kiwi by choice--so far so good?

The last episode with our charming French friends over here involved the "Rainbow Warrior" sunk in Auckland Harbour and yes NZ was a so called friend of France(pity they were not that good at attacking the Germans)--and now according to all the major newspapers released under the freedom of speech law, France at that particular time tried to blame Britain for the bombing of that ship(and would have got away with it had we not captured the secret service agents responsible)--nice one Pierre!

Twin Towers it ain't but not very brotherly either--especially for the poor sod that died.

I think the forgive but never,ever forget rule comes into play here.

Quote Originally Posted by wag11c
    You are a jerk.
    Last edited by MIKEYLIKESIT; 11-28-2005 at 11:24 PM. Reason: I dont want to get into trouble
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Welcome Flashover, I hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip.

Wag11c - I'm sure out of all the Firefighters, in all the United States, theres not a single radical left winged anti-war liberal out there, now is there? Point is, just because his country in general dont support the U.S. is no reason for us not to support him for being a BROTHER FIREFIGHTER.

God help me i've touched the "political issue" on the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by flashover747
    Hi everyone !

Fisrt of all, sorry for my poor english but I'll try to do my best !

I'm a french Firefighter of 28 years old at Paris (france) and I'm going to be in NY for holidays with my girlfriend from 9 december to 13 !

That's why, I'd like to have contacts with a NY Firefighter to be able to visit one of the place where they used to work !

I have also a Franch helmet to sell so if one of you is interested by this helmet (F1 type), you just have to mail me at : flashover747@msn.com

Thanks for all !

I do support your troops .
    I hope you have a great time while you're here! I also think your English is fine...Better than some American's English I've read!

Thank you very much for supporting our troops too! We ALL appreciate it!

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for all !

Maybe, next time I will not write some politicals ideas !
    Sorry for them who think that I am a bad guy just because I'm French.....Even if there isn't any French soldiers in Irak, I watch TV news each day, and I'm sick to see all these soldiers being killed !

That's why, I'm telling you agin : I do support your troops !

However, does anyone here know someone who is Firefighter in NY, because as I said, I'll be in Ny on december and I'd like to visit one of their Firehouse.....and to exchange my Helmet ( If one of you is interested by, just mail me and I will take a picture of it for you ....).

But I swear that my priority is to visit a Firehouse in NY during I don't know....30 minutes !!

Thanks and see you maybe in France

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by flashover747
    Thanks for all !

Maybe, next time I will not write some politicals ideas !
    Sorry for them who think that I am a bad guy just because I'm French.....Even if there isn't any French soldiers in Irak, I watch TV news each day, and I'm sick to see all these soldiers being killed !

That's why, I'm telling you again : I do support your troops !

However, does anyone here know someone who is Firefighter in NY ?... because as I said, I'll be in Ny on december and I'd like to visit one of their Firehouse.....and to exchange my Helmet ( If one of you is interested by, just mail me and I will take a picture of it for you ....).

But I swear that my priority is to visit a Firehouse in NY during I don't know....30 minutes !!

Thanks and see you maybe in France
    ......If one day you want to travel in my country....contact me and I'll be happy to take you with me to visit Paris !It wilol be a real great pleasure

flashover747 at the top of the thread listings in here is a map. says kind of like a google map why don't you add your self to that. We only have on across the pond at the moment. Thanks and be safe
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Default Brother in France

Hey Brother,
    Nice to see your appreciation for American Firefighting. I wish i saw your message sooner. I am a firefighter in New York, but not NYC. I think its great to chat with people from another country that serve the same mission as we do in the USA. Its always cool to see how people fight fires in other countries. Do you guys drive those goofy looking little trucks? I think they are great though. Hey, i might be traveling to Nice, France next year with the family. It would be awesome if we could exchange patches or T-shirts if i met up with ya. Any more contact info? You can Email me at Thewildabe27@aol.com.

Thanks again brother and i hope your trip to the states was fun

John A. FF/EMT- NY

Thread Information