Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need advice!

Forum Member

Default I need advice!

Here's the situation. I'm almost 17 and I'm still in High School and I am a junior at the local fire department. We have one kid who just got off probation, and quite frankly I don't think he should have, but thats not what this is about.

He's 17, but he doesn't get his liscense until February. However, when we get a call he takes his moms keys and drives her car down to the firehouse to go on the call. Our chief found out about and told him never to do it again because if he were to get in an , he would get sued, the town would, and so would our company. Even after our chief told him not to, he continues to drive to fire calls, but parks his car so no one sees it. The other problem. He drives to school every day and parks as far away as he can from the school, which isn't very far. Our parking lot is crowded and sometimes I can't find a space, but his car is there and everyone ha to pay $65 for a parking permit, but he doesn't have that either. He also told me that he leaves school to go to fire calls as well.

Apparently, the other day the high school security found out that he drives to school and doesn't have a permit, but he is like friends with the security so they didn't do anything about it. Not only does he drive around town, but he is also a menace on the road and have almost seen him get into two s. I don't know whether I should do anything about it or not.... PLEASE HELP!

You don't need advice, he needs parents that care about his life. There is not a single thing you can do about any of this.

Funny, you need a license to drive a car but any 2 idiots can reproduce.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42
    Funny, you need a license to drive a car but any 2 idiots can reproduce.
    ROFLMFAO!! Some people shouldnt be playing in the gene pool.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

well i would have to say that your only choice would be to hire and assassin to murder him...
    Try going to your principle, he will be HELL afraid of being sued, so he will put a stop to that, and go to your cheif and tell him he is still doing it.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Wait a while longer,

He will not have to drive anywhere at all to get to the MVA call out.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Contact the FBI or Homeland Security there'll send a couple of guys out to fix his butt-HE's a bad bad boy- needs to be spankked- or better yet put on a dog leash and paraded around school and the firehouse naked- maybe only with his boots on-thinking of safety first

Forum Member

Sounds like you have a problem here. Better get use to it though, there will always be that one moron that makes the entire department look bad. I've had a few come though my shifts before, They get a hint there not exactly up to par after a few fires.

but just give it time, that kind of person always get there's eventually, I hope it doesn't involve having someone life in the process

Engineer
    Station 2
    B-Shift

Forum Member

Contact your local Law Enforcement next time you see him driving recklessly, give the discription of the car and tag number. And tell them that you don't think he has as licence. Just make sure if you call he is a danger to himself and or other drivers.
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

As much as I know you want to do something, I think the advise of just letting it go is probably the best. If the guy is that blatant and that poor of a driver, he will get caught eventually. If you kick the sleeping dog, you never know where it will lead and what kind of bad blood it could create. I always like to think that every dog has his day, so somewhere down the road he will get to pay the price for his antics.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMedic
    As much as I know you want to do something, I think the advise of just letting it go is probably the best. If the guy is that blatant and that poor of a driver, he will get caught eventually. If you kick the sleeping dog, you never know where it will lead and what kind of bad blood it could create. I always like to think that every dog has his day, so somewhere down the road he will get to pay the price for his antics.
    This is good advice, if you give him enough rope he will eventually hang himself. Just make sure you dont get tangled up in the rope too!
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Thread Information