Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroes

Forum Member

Default Heroes

I'm doing a paper in school on heroism and we have to choose a hero to right about. It can't be like superman or spider man because they are too easy. They can be from a movie, a book, or real life. I'm looking to do it on someone in the armed services or fire service. Could you guys throw some ideas out there for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

ChevyNova

MembersZone Subscriber

If you are looking for military heroes look on this website.

www.army.mil/cmh-pg/moh1.htm.

Sir Edmund Hillary

First on top of Mount Everest May 29, 1953.

And a life time of achievements and assisting people.

One of lifes Living Legends, and a true Hero by any means.

Short bio of "Sir Ed"

In Depth

In his own words.....

"In some ways I believe I epitomise the average New Zealander: I have modest abilities, I combine these with a good deal of determination, and I rather like to succeed."
    and

"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

If you really want to gain some brownie points with your teacher, and you don't mind a little leg work, find out who in your town or state may have won a prestigious medal like a silver star, etc. If you have a regular military or reserve unit nearby, I guarantee they will have a detailed history of thier "Heroes" of the last 100 years. If you have a major fire or police department nearby, try them too.

You always get an extra point or two for making it local, and not just picking the easy internationally recognized "Heroes".
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

For the love of god dont do it on a movie star or a sports player...
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Heroes don't always have to be someone famous and well known. Heroes come in many shapes and sizes, and from all walks of life. The woman who battles a disease with courage and dignity and without complaint; the young single mother who overcomes insurmountable odds to make something of herself and give back to society instead of take from it; the young inner city youth who chooses a path not of violence and drugs, who strives to make the world a better place. People like this are heroes to someone close to them; maybe not to you and I, but to someone they've made a difference and are looked up to. Who has made a difference in your life? Heroes are all around us, we just don't usually see them.

Decide what your definition of a hero is, and then find someone who fills the bill.

Good Luck with your paper.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

If you decide to go the military route this is a great site with lots of info on congressional medal of honor winners:

http://www.cmohs.org/

One of my personal heroes was Jimmy Doolittle. He led an amazing life.

Good luck with the report.
    We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by PFire23
    Heroes don't always have to be someone famous and well known. Heroes come in many shapes and sizes, and from all walks of life. The woman who battles a disease with courage and dignity and without complaint; the young single mother who overcomes insurmountable odds to make something of herself and give back to society instead of take from it; the young inner city youth who chooses a path not of violence and drugs, who strives to make the world a better place. People like this are heroes to someone close to them; maybe not to you and I, but to someone they've made a difference and are looked up to. Who has made a difference in your life? Heroes are all around us, we just don't usually see them.

Decide what your definition of a hero is, and then find someone who fills the bill.

Good Luck with your paper.
    AMEN!!!!!

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Thread Information