Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Can you help us out?

Did you get a Fire Grant? Well, we did not, and so we are looking for some help. If any of you are in Southern Cal., AZ, NM, Colo., or Utah, and will soon have a surplus SCBA fill station, compressor, or some SCBA, can we talk?

The Concho (AZ) Volunteer FD is a small dept, still using a SCBA fill setup that was donated in the mid 1970's. It wheezes, it groans, and it fills at 2.5 CFM. Even our containment system is home made.
    We did get some donated MSA SCBA, but not enough for all our seats. If you have something newer in that line as well, we could use it.

So, if you have something better that will be replaced by something NEW, please, consider PM me. Perhaps we can work something out.

Thanks
    (P.S. Limited to those states so we can save on shipping.)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth
    Did you get a Fire Grant? Well, we did not, and so we are looking for some help. If any of you are in Southern Cal., AZ, NM, Colo., or Utah, and will soon have a surplus SCBA fill station, compressor, or some SCBA, can we talk?

The Concho (AZ) Volunteer FD is a small dept, still using a SCBA fill setup that was donated in the mid 1970's. It wheezes, it groans, and it fills at 2.5 CFM. Even our containment system is home made.
    We did get some donated MSA SCBA, but not enough for all our seats. If you have something newer in that line as well, we could use it.

So, if you have something better that will be replaced by something NEW, please, consider PM me. Perhaps we can work something out.

Thanks
    (P.S. Limited to those states so we can save on shipping.)
    Oh look! Yet another shining example of the fairness and equity of the program!

Sorry Sleuth, but my SCBA aren't in much better shape than yours, and I didn't get funded either.

Guys we are here to help, just ask!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Chief310 - I'll be in East Liverpool in Feb, just as an FYI. Not right next door, but closer than Houston.

Sleuth, check my web site I have some folks in Tempe that you can talk to, just click the magic link.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Forum Member

Exclamation Help is a phone call away

Chief,
    I have a contact that can help you for free in Arizona. Please reply to this message with your contact information and I can put you in touch with someone that can help you out for 2006 funding. I'm sorry your first attempt did not get you the equipment you so badly need.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er
    Chief310 - I'll be in East Liverpool in Feb, just as an FYI. Not right next door, but closer than Houston.
    What are you doing coming into our neck of the woods? Is someone having a seminar or are we just lucky enough to be graced with your presence for some other reason? E. Liverpool is less than an hour from me.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I just miss the cold weather and I have the urge to lose the sensation in my extremities. This 67 degrees during the day is killing me.

Max (fireguy919) is hosting the seminar at Glenmoor VFD. Info is on my web site.

Forum Member

Default then you're in for a treat!!

Weather looks terrifically dreadful for the next few days. Gotta love Ohio!!!

Forum Member

Default then you're in for a treat!!

Weather looks terrifically dreadful for the next few days. Gotta love Ohio!!! Hmm...let's see...by February it should be...YUCK...don't even want to think about it!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Can't be any worse than Philly was growing up. We were on the freezing/not freezing line in the 'burbs, so it was snow at night, water during the day, then ice for the next night. At least over there it probably stays snow for a decent amount of time. Snow you can shovel, and only body shops love ice on the roads.

Forum Member

Kolson, due to some forthcoming changes within & without our dept., some gently used equipment will be the best option for us - if it will last a few more years, our situation will be greatly changed.

I am not looking for assistance writing grants - thanks anyway.

Forum Member

You may want to contact Mobile, ALA Fire Rescue, they just received a tad bit over $900,000 in round 14. I would think they might have some surplus availiable.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Always worth the phone call but I doubt most of their replaced stuff will go outside of the state with how many departments got run over during Katrina. But, you never know if you don't ask. Call up any department that just got a bunch of dough that's on the list, it's worth a few minutes per phone call to find out for sure.

Thread Information