Forum Member

Angry Free Gas for Vol. Fireman

Is there any way for a volunteer to recieve free gas
    Last edited by Godsmack; 12-03-2005 at 05:48 PM.

Forum Member

Is this a joke? If you are bothered that much about it then quit. I don't think anybody on here is going to give you sympathy. If you have something to say about your own dept. you need to go to a meeting and speak up. Bashing of your own brothers on an internet site is below the belt.

MembersZone Subscriber

If it is any constellation, you can write the gas off on your taxes.
    "Training doesn't make you a good fireman, fighting fire makes you a good fireman"
    http://thedarksideof911.blogspot.com/
    FTM-PTB-EGH
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Angry

[QUOTE=Godsmack] Is there anyway of getting free gas for responding to calls.

Forum Member

No.

Keep track of your mileage to and from calls, drills, station meetings, etc. You can deduct that from your federal income taxes if you itemize.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

If you live in Long Island there is a good chance that that can be arranged-but it would only be Premium gas not regular gas-they have minimum standards for perks
    NATRGBH83

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by johnboycan
    If you live in Long Island there is a good chance that that can be arranged-but it would only be Premium gas not regular gas-they have minimum standards for perks
    Speaking of gas......
    IACOJ Lt-Eng32ine

MembersZone Subscriber

I get all the free gas I want....it's called chilli nite at the firehouse
    Hug a firefighter the next time one holds you they may be saving your life.

Forum Member

damn.. free chili night?... ive already cleared the firehouse after using the john once without eating chili.. do you have a recipe for 5 hour later hazmat chili?

**seriously, i have cleared everyone out of the building from using the can

Forum Member

Heres how you get free gas: A lot of fire stations have their own gas pumps, sneak into your rivals fire house at night and steal some gas. *grin* Sept i doubt you'll find any PREMIUIM unleaded. I know you'll find diesel and regular, heh
    Adam, EMT-B

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam07003
    Heres how you get free gas: A lot of fire stations have their own gas pumps, sneak into your rivals fire house at night and steal some gas. *grin* Sept i doubt you'll find any PREMIUIM unleaded. I know you'll find diesel and regular, heh
    Grounds to be shot around here.

Forum Member

Someone please tell there was more to this post than what there is now?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RadRob
    Grounds to be shot around here.

Heh im just kidding
    Adam, EMT-B

Forum Member

Depending on the dept., become a chief...free car AND free gas...we got a guy running in my dept. for 1st asst. for that very reason...this ********* was 1st asst. once before (he sucked then too) and became known for his "drive-by chiefings"...

Forum Member

First of all, what is a "RIVAL" fire house? I thought we all worked together to serve our communities.

Secondly, even just kidding about stealing from the fire house, whether yours or theirs, strikes a nerve. Have known members that steal from their own department.....lowest form of life!!!!

Well.... off my soap box and back to real life!!! Take care and stay safe!!!
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

Holy crap talk about NO SENSE OF HUMOR. Dude im joking, wowwww you just look to start a war with people don't you pal, damn. Sure you got the right kinda gas in that portable, maybe they filled it up with something else. Jeeez louiseeee wilbur.
    Adam, EMT-B

Forum Member

Holy crap talk about NO SENSE OF HUMOR. Dude im joking, wowwww you just look to start a war with people don't you pal, damn. Sure you got the right kinda gas in that portable, maybe they filled it up with something else. Jeeez louiseeee wilbur.
    When you look like I do, you have to have a sense of humor. Believe me, I have one. Just some things you don't joke about. As you can probably see on this forum, fueds between departments isn't something to joke about.

FIRENUT isn't the only one who feels that way.

Forum Member

WTF are you even talking bout i was making a joke. The guy asked how he could get free gas so i suggested the fire department as a joke. Jeez way to blow things COMPLETELY outta proportion. Is this what you guys do you look at every thread and LOOK for a way to start yelling at someone, jeez lighten up and stop acting like a mean ahole.
    Adam, EMT-B

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

WTF are you even talking bout i was making a joke. The guy asked how he could get free gas so i suggested the fire department as a joke. Jeez way to blow things COMPLETELY outta proportion. Is this what you guys do you look at every thread and LOOK for a way to start yelling at someone, jeez lighten up and stop acting like a mean ahole.
    Adam,

From reading your posts, I'm guessing you are young and new to the fire service therefore you need to learn to THINK before you SPEAK or type. So here's some friendly advice.

There are things you don't joke about in life. Period. I'm thinking that includes such things are FIREFIGHTER ARSON, THEFT IN THE FIREHOUSE, FIREFIGHTER INJURY/DEATH. Keep reading Firehouse.com Adam, you will soon learn what subjects get firefighters ****ed off, and perhaps you will learn what things are best left unsaid. One other thing I've learned from all my years on these forums .... advice that gets offered over and over to new probies. MOUTH SHUT, EARS OPEN.

Also you have to realize that perception is everything, and on the internet it is extremely difficult to always understand exactly what the person is trying to get across. You don't have the benefit of hearing the tone of voice, see facial expressions etc. So next time you want type "just a joke" perhaps you should consider adding "j/k" OR "just kidding" or something like that.

I'm not trying to be a "mean ahole" as you put it, just trying to explain to you why your post got such a strong reaction from those crustier than you.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

No i respect what yer saying and id never joke about arson or people stealing equipment and things like that. But i said a stupid joke about "get gas from the fire station" i didnt mean it SERIOUSLY. I even added *grin* after my joke so people would realize i was ONLY kidding. Id never do that or recommend someone do that, i figured everybody here would GET the joke and have a lil chuckle. Thats why i wrote about PREMIUM fuel. Some stations have gas pumps at their house and that's cool but to have PREMIUM fuel i dont think theyd have that. I mean i shouldnt hafta explain the joke. I know in EMS if we joked about something with our rigs like, ohh lets say for instance:

"Anybody know if i can get free party supplies being a volunteer" and i said "well you could take a few boxes of gloves and blow them up" i'd get a laugh.. I mean im joking about same thing. I dont expect anybody to actually take boxes of gloves or take free gas from their station house... thats what a joke is. It wasnt anything serious like "why don't you go steal some fire tools next time ya need to have a yard sale" - come on now open up your minds a LIL bit... im young yes, and i like to think i have a sense of humor and look at things oin the light side, i dont get bent outta shape about stupid stuff... but i do get bent outta shape when people try and start an argument with me for no reason, im from long island, ive got that NY "dont bust my balls or i'll bust your balls" thing going
    Adam, EMT-B

Forum Member

It was just a joke people. Ya know, sort of like the posts about chili...

LIGHTEN UP.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Joke

Kind of like when you put GOT MILK signs on your cross town depts tankers

I was not in the dept when this happened, but I heard the other chief was pretty steamed.....It appears that his guys/gals failed to notice the signs on the tanker as they went out the barn for a 10/3 activation in the nothern part of town not covered by hydrants!
    IACOJ Lt-Eng32ine

Forum Member

Smile Thanks ADAM for the idea!!

ADAM I did exactly like you said, I sifend about 5 gallons out of my fire chiefs car. Who ever knew gas tasted so bad. Again Thanks again for the idea!!! *GRIN*

What I meant for my original post was that should fire chiefs be the only one to recieve the benefits of free gas, or should all fireman have the same privledge.

Forum Member

I dunno, it'd be nice but do the people who volunteer at the red cross get free gas, or the good will? How bout volunteers at hospitals... if we got free gas then EVERYBODYS gonna want free gas (i know they dont deserve it cause they arnt cool like us <--- GRIN SMILE JOKE LAUGH FUNNY HA HA DONT YELL AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Adam, EMT-B

Forum Member

Godsmack, in my department, the Chief's drive department vehicles and all department vehicles get their fuel from the public works garage. And yes, they even get to pump it themselves, which is out of the ordinary in NJ. The department vehicles are not to be used when commuting to work and if/when they are, the Chief's buy their gas from normal stations.

Thread Information