Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Rosenbauer Closed New England Operation

I heard that Rosenbauer has closed their service center near Wooster and all of the sales guys have left the company. Where do we go for service now? Anyone know anything?

It is my understanding that the service center they had has been closed or maybe a better description is moved. VVT Fire Services is handling all the service work. Their shop is new and only a few miles from the old shop. I hear that they are also going to be the new dealer for the area. As big as an outfit that Rosenbauer is I am sure they wonít let things go to long without taking care of their customers.

Yes, I started selling for a dealer that handles Rosenbauer, but not in that area... Just trying to be upfront.
    Last edited by npfd801; 12-06-2005 at 08:59 PM.

Not entirely true.The Worcester service center IS closed. They ARE servicing accounts in the next town over.As far as I know Neil is still around. Tom Woodward is still taking care of his customers as he ALWAYS has although if Rosenbauer doesn't smarten up and get him some help,I don't know for how long. I don't know what those guys are thinking,servicing northern New England is NOT a one man operation. Frank left.I'll miss him(not too bad 'cause I know where he is)he was a guy who wanted to get it done but the obstacles were greater than anticipated. Some new information is forthcoming,I'll post it when it becomes available. T.C.

Forum Member

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101
    Not entirely true.The Worcester service center IS closed. They ARE servicing accounts in the next town over.As far as I know Neil is still around. Tom Woodward is still taking care of his customers as he ALWAYS has although if Rosenbauer doesn't smarten up and get him some help,I don't know for how long. I don't know what those guys are thinking,servicing northern New England is NOT a one man operation. Frank left.I'll miss him(not too bad 'cause I know where he is)he was a guy who wanted to get it done but the obstacles were greater than anticipated. Some new information is forthcoming,I'll post it when it becomes available. T.C.
    Your information was not entirely correct. Both of the sales people, inlcuding the man, Tom, you mentioned above are no longer with Rosenbauer. I know this as I called what was their service center in MA. As far as the service center they are really non existent as when we called for service they said they do not have any mechanics currently. We called the main facility and actually spoke with somoene in service who told us that the NY dealer could most likely handle our concerns. NY! Rosenbauer has proved they are only intested in selling trucks and not following up after the sale. Our salesman never even called after selling us this unit. Local service and support are the keys to being successful and with the lack of care demonstrated by Rosenbauer I would bet they are not long for this industry, no matter what financial backing they have. We will not be buying another truck from them.

Ctlt,The information was correct at the time of posting.Since that post,Tom has gone to work for Lakes region apparatus in Ossipee.I'm still having trouble trying to figure out why Rosenbauer can't support their product line.They lost two good ones here. T.C.

Forum Member

Good day ctfirelieut, As you will guess from my ID here I am the Tom Tim is talking about and was involved with Rosenbauer NE for the past two years. I was wondering when and whom you purchased your truck from. I have known the salesman, Frank, that covered CT for Rosenbauer NE for the better part of 15 years as well as worked with him for the last two at R.N.E. and I can say without any hesitation that you will not find a more dedicated and customer orientated person then he. Frank and I worked closely with one an other and I know of all the customers he worked with, sold and delivered trucks to and will state that not one of his customers were ignored after the sale. In addition to that, during his employment with R.N.E. he was very active in trying to resolve problems on trucks that were sold long before he became involved with R.N.E. and were not his responsibility.

If some other salesman from some long past dealership did not follow up with your department and give you the service you should have received it is not fair to paint someone that was not involved with the same brush. I would be very interested to hear the full story behind you experience and what Frank Johns involvement was with your situation, if any. If you do not want to have this info posted here I am providing an email address so you may contact me directly.

And at the time of Timís post his information was 100% correct. The service center was closed but both Frank and I were still employed at R.N.E.

One last note. I donít know who you spoke to but once the service center was closed a good deal of the parts and equipment was moved three miles down the road to V V T Fire Service in Millbury MA and they are now the Rosenbauer Service Center for New England. I know this because I moved all the items there myself and have personally brought four customers truck there for service before I left.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Keep safe.

Tom

tomwnh@yahoo.com

Thread Information