FH Mag/.com Contributor

Talking Reason to lock the truck on a call....

From Chester City PA. Citizen a little mad about an ambulance parked in front of her garage calls county dispatch on the radio. You can't make stuff up like this.

http://www.firegroundaudio.com/funny/STAYOFFRADIO.wav

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I hope she was charged! What a dipstick
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Good one Brian. I love when they ask me to move the Engine. Because what they are doing is SO much more important than the so called emergency we are attending to.
    "Training doesn't make you a good fireman, fighting fire makes you a good fireman"
    http://thedarksideof911.blogspot.com/
    FTM-PTB-EGH
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Don't you understand she has to get to work? How dare the neighbor have a heart attack and ruin HER day like that by blocking her garage?

Geez. The nerve of some people...

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

I especially liked her emphasis on how they "thoughtlessly and selfishly" parked in front of her garage... Yeah, we're real selfish like that, especially when we're trying to render medical care or some other such indulgence.......

Geez, what a self centered bitch....that's almost as good as the one where the lady called 911 from the fast food drive through to demand that the police come down there and make them fix her hamburger like she wanted it...anybody remember that one?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Better yet, here it is....

Have it your way
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I heard that a few weeks ago. I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard.

Forum Member

Imagine that, dont suprise me.

Forum Member

Whangaparaoa Peninsular North Island New Zealand

Cool Wtf

Unfortunately these two examples just reinforce what most(not all) of the world thinks about American women.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Its people like her that need to be taken out back.....what a piece.

Forum Member

We have a guy next door to the firehouse that complains about stupid things like the siren being too loud..."Well gee what do you expect...you live 20 yards away from the fire house!"

Forum Member

I love when people complain about us blocking them in. It extends our on scene by at least 10 minutes.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

WOW ............call the cops ............maybe going to jail will help her get to work on time.....BEEEEEEEEEEACH !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

We had a long fire and the neighbor was complaining about fire trucks being parked in front of her house. So we dropped off 2 port-a-potties on either side of her sidewalk. Guess that showed her!!

Forum Member

How about the ones that run over (or try to) our hose lines because they are in such a hurry. Not only do they get a nice little ticket but, our P.D. will delay them for a considerable amount of time so they are "real" late. Damn the bad luck
    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
    EVERYONE GOES HOME
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

We had a house fire a few months ago where a lady tried to leave in her van when she ran over the supply line. Ended up getting a flat tire over it. What goes around comes around huh?

We had another idiot try to pull up and pass an MVA we were working, the only problem was, we had the road blocked off with the pumper. He made his way around until the cop had a few very plesent words with him, then towed his car.

I love this job!!!!!
    "Training doesn't make you a good fireman, fighting fire makes you a good fireman"
    http://thedarksideof911.blogspot.com/
    FTM-PTB-EGH
    IACOJ

Dispatch Dweller
    On the way to the station. Really. It's 12 kilometers away and there's traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell
    We had another idiot try to pull up and pass an MVA we were working, the only problem was, we had the road blocked off with the pumper. He made his way around until the cop had a few very plesent words with him, then towed his car.
    I was on a brutal MVA in July of this year (see my other posts) involving a semi-truck, a 5-ton van, and a car, and there was debris and crap everywhere. I was kneeling in a ditch doing C-spine on a sitting patient (psgr of the semi, who self-extricated over her dead driver's body), waiting for my partner to return with a spineboard. I told a good police friend of mine who was walking by on the road about the driver (discreetly), and then turned back to talk to the patient, and I hear my police friend say incredulously, "What do you think you're doing??!"

I thought he was talking to me until I looked up again and saw he'd stopped a motorcycle not 20 feet away from me.. this guy was weaving through the piles of debris that were blocking the entire road, with a child riding the seat behind him. He truly thought he could get away with picking his way through the disaster zone!
    --jay.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ambliance eh?
    Nobody over 5 should be allowed to mispronounce such an easy word.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firetacoma1
    Ambliance eh?
    Nobody over 5 should be allowed to mispronounce such an easy word.
    Reminds me of the 911 tape I heard a few years ago where a guy was supposedly attacked by a deer. He needed a "Bamblance".

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BFDLT32
    How about the ones that run over (or try to) our hose lines because they are in such a hurry. Not only do they get a nice little ticket but, our P.D. will delay them for a considerable amount of time so they are "real" late. Damn the bad luck
    We had the same thing about a year ago. Early morning structure fire. We were on scene with the road closed, 5" layed across the road and apparatus occupying the travel lanes. Some bimbo decided that she needed to get where she was going and drove over the 5" in her Blazer almost hitting two chiefs. Fortunately, a police officer was there and detained the driver making her stay until we reopened the road along with citing her with several traffic violations. I believe the chief was present for her court date.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Forum Member

Unfortunately these two examples just reinforce what most(not all) of the world thinks about American women.
    Sorry to say, but thats what the stereotype of American women is in my mind... except cheffie... (and any other american women on these boards)
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

This reminds me of the opposite feeling. One morning we had a call and our tower ladder was parked in front of a neighbors driveway. The guy comes out happens to find our LT that was on scene and asks him how much more longer did he think we would be there. His reason, he wanted to stay there he didnt want to go to work.....LOL. In fact he was on the phone with his boss while talking to us, "yeah they have 4 or 5 trucks here whole street is blocked im going to be in when I can"....LOL.
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Permanently Removed

The funny thing is, if this happened to anyone of us or just John Q Public, I am sure most Bosses/supervisors would give the person running a little late a break over it.

I mean like how many times in your life are you late to work because of an ambulance or other emegency vehicle is blocking your path? And with camera cell phone these days, you could even have proof.

Lastly, most people should allow extra time going to work for such incidents. I am a commuter so I always try to get to work a half hour early to allow for unexpected events or traffic.

I hope the lady got a little smack down.

MembersZone Subscriber

havent seen it yet, so ill say it

job security
    Your a daisy if you do.

Forum Member

Love the Cheesburger one...

"what do you want us to do? Protect you from a cheeseburger?
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Thread Information