god

Question Not Meeting Enough...

in our explorer post, we meet 1 to 2 times a month...should i approach our BC and discuss perhaps meeting more often? or just leave it how it is...thanks y'all!

Forum Member

Our post only meets once a month. 2 and 4th Tuesdays are business and training meetings, which we attend, but the 3rd Tuesday is the only Tuesday the juniors meet.

Forum Member

During the summer we meet every Wednesday from 1800-2100.

During the school year, we meet every other Wednesday from 1900-2100, unless told otherwise by our advisors.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikie333
    in our explorer post, we meet 1 to 2 times a month...should i approach our BC and discuss perhaps meeting more often? or just leave it how it is...thanks y'all!
    I guess if you'd like to meet more often, then ask. Let your adult leader(s) know that you're interested in doing that, then they might accomodate your request. If I was asked that question, I would say yes. It would be a shame to waste such enthusiasm.

That said, I would urge you to remember that there are only so many hours available, and that your adult leader(s) are probably sacrificing quite a few of theirs to run your program. If they say no, don't sweat it and go with the flow.

Forum Member

the post here has their own meetings every sunday from 1900 to 2100 hrs. except the 1st sunday we meet with the ff's in the businesss mtg from 0700 to 0900hrs we also meet with the ffs twice a month for training too
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Forum Member

My Post meets the 2nd and 4th Sunday from 18:00-21:00 or so. If we go to our training tower, we tend have longer meetings due to clean up. In the summer, we meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday and typically have meetings from 18:00-22:00.

Forum Member

Our department meets every Monday night from 1830 to 2100. On the fourth Monday of every month we have a night where we just come and we cook and all eat and just have a good time. If there is ever a fifth Monday we just come in, sign in and then leave.

Forum Member

The post here only meets twice each month.

MembersZone Subscriber

our Post meets every Saturday from 1000 - 1200. the members are also allowed (and encouraged) to attend the FF trainings every Monday night.
    the motto of every midnight shift dispatcher - "I'm up - You're up"

Forum Member

The post that I used to be with had the following schedule
    1st and 3rd tuesdays-regular meetings (1st tuesday=business, 3rd tuesday=training) If there is a 5th tuesday=extra training. Basicly every other tuesday. We would also meet 1 saturday a month for extended training.

Durring the summer we meet every tuesday from june to august with business at the begining and end of month and training on the tuesdays in between.

If you want more meetings, aproach the BC. It never hurts to show that you want to learn more.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

My department meets every thursday night at 19:00 hrs. we generally go until about 21:00 unless we get done early. During the school year we have to leave the station by 21:00.

Thread Information