Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Impala Headlight Strobes

Does anyone here have any experience with putting hidden strobes in the headlights of a 2000-2005 Impala. If so, why type of mounting base did you use and where did you put them. The headlamps of an Impala appear to have a few layers so I was wondering how that was handled. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Forum Member

Try this post on the boards of www.evta.info and www.batlabs.com

They have many people skilled in vehicle installation there

Birken

Forum Member

Default lights

Good call Birken and he might want to check out Whelen as well. We used to use the Whelen strobe systems for behind the headlights.

Forum Member

Default Thanks for Replies

Thank you for the headsup on the other two sights. The batlabs sight has lots of useful information on vehicle installs. I wasn't able to visit the other site since I'm not a member.

Forum Member

Go to the www.evta.info site and click your way into the discussion board, you don't need to be a member but of course you need to register to post which is free and easy

Birken

MembersZone Subscriber BVFD1983's Avatar

Is this for a department vehicle or a POV?

Just wondering...
    FTM - PTB

Forum Member

Default well?

Doug-

Have you found enough information? Our shop puts in between 200 and 300 hide-a-way kits (headlight/tail light strobes) a year and I would be more than happy to provide specific answers to any questions you may have...

Jon

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Memphisdoug
    Does anyone here have any experience with putting hidden strobes in the headlights of a 2000-2005 Impala. If so, why type of mounting base did you use and where did you put them. The headlamps of an Impala appear to have a few layers so I was wondering how that was handled. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Who is this for? The department or your pov? Does TN allow you to have this in yout pov? Maybe your car is titled in ARK or MISS?? Do you have a siren and lights on it too? I really wouldn't want it on my pov. To each his own. Do you know any one on Adams street at the shops??? Ask them!!

www.Galls.com is the known wacker site.
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Forum Member

Default Lights in an Impala

As a volunteer in our state (IN) we can have strobes in the "headlights" as a suppliment to our blues. Strobes are not allowed in the actual low beam headlight area but may be placed on the high beam side or turn signals. Lights in this area must be white and not blue. All that said, I took my strobes out and replaced them with wig-wags. The strobes could not be seen in bright sunshine during the day, although they were fine at night. The wig-wags are great. When I put them on with my blues I clear traffic at all times. The installation was pricey but well worth it.

Concord41

Forum Member

Default Thanks For The Help

Thank you everyone for the advice. The Batlab website was very helpful. These strobes were going to be in my personal vehicle. By the way, I am in Memphis, MI not TN. We are allowed to have strobes here. I have since decided to go the wig-wag and flashing taillight route after reading all that I have. It seems like a lot easier of an install plus no drilling my headlights. I ordered a couple of Sound Off flashers to do this with. I don't do a lot of responding with this vehicle but wanted to have the equipment to do so. Yes, I do have a siren too. I know I have to do some other lights to have 360 degree visibility. I haven't quite decided what else to do yet. Thanks again for your help!

Thread Information