Candle Starts House Fire
December 8th, 2005 @ 8:02am
(KSL News) Another house fire this morning prompts another warning from firefighters.

A tipped candle caused a West Valley home to quickly go up in flames. Candles were being used because the power was out.

Capt. Kris Romijn, WVC Fire Dept.: "We had a male occupant in the bedroom. He stated that he went to bed with a burning candle. When he awoke, he had his curtains on fire as well as part of his bed."



Two people were hurt, one seriously. A woman was flown to the hospital in serious condition with smoke inhilation and some burns to her face.

The house was fully engulfed, but crews were able to get it out quickly, possibly saving the home.

Firefighters warn to never go to bed with a candle burning, nor leave one burning anywhere close to anything flammable.