MembersZone Subscriber

Default Haz-Mat Team Training and Squad Setup

I am spec-ing a new haz-mat squad and was wondering if anyone had some ideas/pics of their squads set-up. Specifically what works and what doesn't. I would also liked some detailed training ideas for the team that I am trying to revive. Thanks!

Forum Member

Read thru the other posts or try a search, this has been asked many many times. Not tryin to be an *** but there is already alot of info on this in these forums, I have contributed many times. Look for some of the posts that I have already had on here and you should be able to find some of the info you need. I saw at least 2 threads below this one that are fairly recent that can answer a good chunk of your questions.

MembersZone Subscriber

fireman522,
    We just received one new Pierce Squad and the other is on order. I spec'd them out along with another FF. It's a better layout than the current Squads we have now. PM me if you want more info. I'll see if I can get a copy of the specs for you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default i know what doesn't

we have a gmc, chassis, pulling a 35ft trailer, it was cheap that was the biggest reason we got it. but it isn't too practical doesn't get used alot so that is good. but we are expanding into confined space, and rapid intervention equipment and we are out of room.
    michael umphrey
    captain higgins twp fire/rescue/ems
    roscommon,mi

MembersZone Subscriber

Default squad

My department has a 35foot Pepsi truck pulled by an 5-man International Chasis for a TRT squad. We have Plenty of room for equipment. But we also have a 40foot trailer designated for lumber. Our Hazmat vehicle is a repainted Penzke moving truck. Works great. We actually used unistrut to build shelves and a oil-dry dispenser that holds 2000lbs. My department is a small department with little money for special operations so If you are looking to go the inexpensive route, this one way. That is how my department got around to having these specialty vehicles. Hope this helps.

Thread Information