Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Some help from the brothers in Michigan please...

Evening everyone,

I have a need for some assistance from you folks in Michigan.

I am going to be in Flint, MI for a Trauma Surgery rotation as part of school. Since I have never truly left The Corps, I need a place who knows how to give me a real high & tight that is pretty close to Flint, if not close to Hurley Medical Center.

I know that it is a small request, but I know that there are a few former Marines from Michigan here that might be able to help me out.

Many thanks in advance.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

B/1/24 is in Saginaw, MI, about 30 miles from there, that's the closest unit. You could call the I&I staff and see if they know a place. Took me forever to find a barber around my place, but I'm 100 miles from Flint. 1/24 is supposed to deploy in the spring, there may not be anyone left to answer the phone.

B/1/24
    3500 Douglass Street
    Saginaw, Michigan 48601-4799

My engine driver used to be on Flint FD-he may know some barber shops, but he wouldn't know a high and tight from an afro.

Good news is, you should get plenty of trauma practice there. Flint has become a pit, almost as bad as Detroit.

Semper Fi

One of my classmates is from outside of Flint and he said after Ford started closing places down the city went to Hell in a handbasket.

It does sound like an interesting rotation, except for the hours - I am a bear if I do not get my sleep, but I shall survive. Of course I'll freeze my @#$*& off. Can't think of a whole lot of things to do while I am there, but something tells me that I will not have much time.....

Thanks for the help though Top (I think I recall that you were promoted a year or so ago.) I will call them to check it out.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Actually, it was GM that shut almost everything down, and they are going to finish the job soon-they just released more plant cuts in Flint. I did get promoted, thanks for noticing. How long will you be around?

hmmmmmmmmmmm well Sharkie if you get any down time let me know ..........if nothing else we can meet in the middle .........
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Quote Originally Posted by Weruj1
    hmmmmmmmmmmm well Sharkie if you get any down time let me know ..........if nothing else we can meet in the middle .........
    The middle-ground would be somewhere near my house!
    Resident Chaplain of the IACOJ

I will be there for about 3 1/2 weeks or so, depending on how the weather is on the tail end of the rotation for my 12 hour drive back.

I have no idea what the schedule will be beyond call every third night, weekend calls will be for 24 hours, and I will be in surgery a lot.

Beyond that, I will have to play it by ear. Certainly sounds like I might be able to make at least one day for git together.

Top, I thought I had heard you mention that. Worst thing is I would have hated to call you Gunny because you would have made me push until you were tired.

Thread Information