Thread: What the......

Forum Member

Default What the......

I'm not from North dakota but I just felt bad for a state forum with 5! posts. Just trying to help out. Hello hello hello

Is there anyone here here here?

Forum Member

Hello!

I figured what the heck, may as well...
    with a volly unit in a town of ~220, 50 miles (by ground) north west of Fargo.

Not a bad little department, although it does take a while to get the horses hitched up to the wagon so our response times are a little on the slow side. .

Forum Member

Thank god! I thought something had happened to you guys. Maybe those damned canadians had invaded or something! Glad to hear there is someone there! Nice to meet ya.
    Last edited by ChicagoFF; 12-12-2005 at 10:23 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Forum Member

Haha! nope, we've kept the Canadians at bay.

Wish some of the guys from Fargo Fire were on here...

or even from another volly squad for starters....

MembersZone Subscriber

Wish some of the guys from Fargo Fire were on here...
    Dubbsy,

Ask and you shall recieve. I am a Fargo Fire Guy. How are things in Page?

Googgs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by googgs
    Dubbsy,

Ask and you shall recieve. I am a Fargo Fire Guy. How are things in Page?

Googgs
    Things out in Page... in the fire/ems realm ...are slow as usual. Been sitting around for the 2 days I've been back in the area watching them slowly work on our facility addition (turnin a wide 3 stall into a really wide 5 stall). With any luck we'll be in there by the end of January.

So here's a question for you that I was wondering about. Are any of the engines stocked with extrication gear or is that all left to Rescue 1? That's gotta be quite a trip to some parts of Fargo (especially south with as fast as it's spreading that way)

..stopped at a couple MVAs recently in Fargo and was curious.
    Justin W
    Volunteer Page Fire/Rescue & Ambulance - Page, ND
    NREMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

Rescue One does carry most of our extrication equipment, but other trucks also carry some hydraulics. Our Assistant Chief (shift commander) carries A full set of Centaur tools (spreader, cutter, ram) and our engines at the North, South, and West Acres stations carry small Centaur combi tools. These small tools work great for popping doors ect., but when a more complicated wreck is involved Rescue 1 or the Asst. Chief is usually on scene within 6-8 minutes.

How does Page run MVA's?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by googgs
    How does Page run MVA's?

like mad!

Small town, we just run with whatever we can. F550 light rescue is the first truck out hopefully followed by our F150 with a bunch of extra cribbing (then used as traffic/LZ control). Sometimes try to get our pumper/engine out for extra scene lighting if it's at night. Otherwise it's just the first 2 units and a boatload of POVs plus our BLS unit.

F550 has everything we need..
    Combination spreader/cutter and a ram with necessary extras (plus all the hand-hydrolics).
    Dozen or so airlift bags with plenty of tanks.
    Quite a bit of cribbing.
    Sawzalls, JD Metal saw.
    some high angle stuff that needs to be updated if I remember right.
    Water/foam.
    and then enough med gear to package 1 person and care for a few others.

Anything else and we'd have to go to Casselton Heavy Rescue I believe (don't think Hope or Arthur/Hunter is any more equiped than we are)

We only run a couple good MVAs each year. I've only been on 2 this last year (both extrications) and they've only had a couple other ones while I was in Moorhead for school, so needless to say we don't get a whole lot of practice .

We're a pretty quiet department out here all across the board. Couple years ago we'd be running grass fires constantly, but we took the matches away from the guy that was starting them all. Our department has only been on 4 working house/business fires in the last 5 years (since I started... If I'm counting right that is) plus a few small building fires (barns ususally) and a couple 'smell of smoke' checks.
    Last edited by Dubbsy; 12-17-2005 at 11:26 AM.
    Justin W
    NREMT-B

Forum Member

Now I'm glad that I helped out the poor ND forum. People talking, meeting new people, God bless us everyone! lol.

Forum Member

I have never been to North Dakota. I have never posted in this forum before. Wow 50% accomplished. Chicago 4th District, you are a miracle worker.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    I have never been to North Dakota. I have never posted in this forum before. Wow 50% accomplished. Chicago 4th District, you are a miracle worker.
    No miracle, teamwork. There is nothing we can't accomplish if we work together as a team!!!!!!!!!!! (Hold it, my team is Illinois!) Damn It!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. How did you know my District?

Forum Member

Default I am from IAD

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF

P.S. How did you know my District?

You told us in a previous post.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Note to self.......... shut your f'n mouth.............. stupid

Hows things down south? (I think you said you work SE of the city). I like it here in ND. No one to bother you and dubbsy and googgs seem like nice guys - I think I'm moving here (at least these guys aren't tired of my act yet! )

Forum Member

I like it here in ND. No one to bother you and dubbsy and googgs seem like nice guys - I think I'm moving here (at least these guys aren't tired of my act yet! )

Haha... you have an act? Maybe I'll be forced to temporarily welcome you to ND (forum) for a while
    Justin W
    NREMT-B

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Thank god! I thought something had happened to you guys. Maybe those damned canadians had invaded or something! Glad to hear there is someone there! Nice to meet ya.
    What do you mean, "those damned Canadians"????!!!! BRAT!

Trying to suck more people into this "let's get some action going in ND" kick you're on??!!! hehehehe it worked!

You should have known I wouldn't be able to resist commenting on that dig!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

so, anyone in ND wanna cover 5 12 hour shifts as a EMT-Basic over X-mas and the couple days before/after?

Supposed to be on call and my knee let go yesterday. Waiting on results of the MRI to know what the next step is going to be, but I don't think I'll be carrying a stretcher by the weekend.

Worst part is we're really short staffed over x-mas as apparently most people are heading out of town. Any luck we'll be okay, I'll be back on my feet (minus crutches), and we won't have a single call!
    Justin W
    NREMT-B

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbsy
    so, anyone in ND wanna cover 5 12 hour shifts as a EMT-Basic over X-mas and the couple days before/after?

Supposed to be on call and my knee let go yesterday. Waiting on results of the MRI to know what the next step is going to be, but I don't think I'll be carrying a stretcher by the weekend.

Worst part is we're really short staffed over x-mas as apparently most people are heading out of town. Any luck we'll be okay, I'll be back on my feet (minus crutches), and we won't have a single call!
    Sorry, I'm working Christmas at my own house. Why didn't you tell me you let Canadians into this forum - I would have used code instead! amnday anadianscay

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default Hijack in progress, please remain seated ....

FISH!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Nice Job ChicagoFF you got those post counts up in a hurry

See what you can do for the Iowa group.. lol

Forum Member

Sorry, I'm working Christmas at my own house. Why didn't you tell me you let Canadians into this forum - I would have used code instead! amnday anadianscay

hey, I wasn't in charge of the borders so don't blame me, eh!

think the knee is coming around finally. hopefully by Friday I'll be back to full mobility. Don't think I'll be carrying a backboard out of a snowfilled ditch though... (or stretcher down stairs, etc)
    Justin W
    NREMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Happy Holidays

Hey, just wanted to wish everyone out there Merry Christmas, from another North Dakota Fire Fighter. The winter has been mild and slow for fires on this end also. Hope it stays this way.

Truckie

Hello NoDak, from your neighbor to the east, the always balmy and tropical Minnesota!
    Been awhile since I cruised the hot spots of your wonderful state; Pembina, the coal gasification plants, etc!
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by spanner3
    Hey, just wanted to wish everyone out there Merry Christmas, from another North Dakota Fire Fighter. The winter has been mild and slow for fires on this end also. Hope it stays this way.
    And back at ya! What corner of ND ya from?

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum
    Hello NoDak, from your neighbor to the east, the always balmy and tropical Minnesota!
    Been awhile since I cruised the hot spots of your wonderful state; Pembina, the coal gasification plants, etc!
    You have already checked out 2 of ND's greatest wonders! I'm still searching for the third... it's gotta be around here somewhere! ..I hope

Balmy and tropical might be a ~bit~ of a stretch, but hey, YOU"VE GOT HILLS! (and trees!).
    Justin W
    NREMT-B

Forum Member

I can't leave you guys alone for a minute! Just when we get a nice thing going, everyone dummies up. How's the new year going?

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbsy
    Haha... you have an act? Maybe I'll be forced to temporarily welcome you to ND (forum) for a while

Hey I got an act too! The fellas dont like it, and come to think of it the ladies dont either but hey, its free. I will dance on request.

Thread Information