Forum Member

Default Cherokee County Fire Dept.

I was reading some past articles regarding manning level for Cherokee County GA. and the operational and safety issues that it has caused. Anyone know if those issues have been resolved? EMS still sucking dry new recruits? How about the problems with some of the stations?
    I keep trying to find some good news regarding these issues but have been unable to find any. Any of you Georgia FF's got any word?

Thanks,

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cherokee Co.

No good news yet. Stations staffed with one FF and Med units staffed. mold problems still exist and many have been lost to Atlanta, Dekald and so on. New Chief has either recently or is about to be named. Good luck to this guy! He'll need it!

Forum Member

Question ??Employment??

What is your opinion as to working there? I am thinking of moving to the area and was entertaining the idea of seeking employment with the department. I currently run ALS with our dept., but we do not transport. I am seeking info as to the state of morale within the department and if there is any animosity between combat and ems, chiefs and indians, or between stations themselves.

Forum Member

I see that there are no takers out there as to an opinion of the Cherokee County Fire Department. Well, a hardy thank you to any brave soul who may in the future step up and be counted. If none, then I will have to be sure to give feedback after I start running with them.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was reading some past articles regarding manning level for Cherokee County GA. and the operational and safety issues that it has caused. Anyone know if those issues have been resolved? EMS still sucking dry new recruits? How about the problems with some of the stations?
    I keep trying to find some good news regarding these issues but have been unable to find any. Any of you Georgia FF's got any word?

New hires have begun to be worked into the stations and new recruit classes are scheduled.

The push to get more than 1 Fireman on each Engine looks to be moving forward and there seems to be a proactive push to correct problems as the Cherokee now has a "New" Fire Chief and Operations Officer in place.

There are still bumps in the road and holes to drive around as in any other Fire Department.

Cherokee is in the boat with many other combination departments in that they are attempting to mesh Vollie Depts. with the Career operations and at the same time establish recognized minimum standards to get everyone on the same page.

They are challenged with working through the ALS transport service that was expedited and placed into service.

They also are tasked with solving a morale problem that was very pronounced prior to my exit and the way they work through these problems will define their department for good or bad.

Yes the Toxic Mold is still a very serious and dynamic problem.

Take all information as rumor or speculation until you can verify its truth and call to talk to some of the personnel in the Firehouses for answers to your questions.

There is a wealth of very good personnel in the county and they will no doubt grow and prosper.

Research and carefully plan your actions and the end result will be a decision made from gained knowledge and not a uninformed decision.
    Last edited by tecrsq; 08-04-2006 at 02:39 AM.
    TecRsq
    North Georgia

- Let No Mans Ghost Come Back To Say My Fire Training Let Me Down -

Thread Information