Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Attn

Everyone who is going through the process make sure you stay on top of all your paperwork and check frequently for your status. The clinic about screwed me out of a job cause they were sitting on my packet. If they need additional information from you they may not be so gracious as to tell you about it. So when your finished all of you medical screening make sure you call up there to be certain that your good to go. I missed the first two classes because of the clinic so keep an eye out.

Forum Member

Goodtimes, that is great advice. On a positive note, DCOP has corrected the problem of failing to provide proper notification of job offers. Even better, Recruiting Office says a 3rd class is planned for Nov 27th. Stay positive!

Forum Member

Ok, getting ready to head to Dc on Sunday and have a couple of questions for anybody who is currently in the academy, or anyone else who might know the answers. ABout how many recruits are in a class? And along with that how many classes are planned? I ask because I am really hoping to nail this job and be in the academy within a few months. Shane19 you were number 251? How are you doing in the process?

Forum Member

- ABout how many recruits are in a class? 30
    - And along with that how many classes are planned? 6

Forum Member

OPtions, Thanks for the info! Are you in class now? If so what # were you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truckie42
    Ok, getting ready to head to Dc on Sunday and have a couple of questions for anybody who is currently in the academy, or anyone else who might know the answers. ABout how many recruits are in a class? And along with that how many classes are planned? I ask because I am really hoping to nail this job and be in the academy within a few months. Shane19 you were number 251? How are you doing in the process?
    Truckie
    I turned in my blue book on Monday. I'm waiting to start the medical/psych portion of the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OptionsOpen
    Goodtimes, that is great advice. On a positive note, DCOP has corrected the problem of failing to provide proper notification of job offers. Even better, Recruiting Office says a 3rd class is planned for Nov 27th. Stay positive!
    I thought only one class had already begun. I thought the Oct 16th class was the first class. Has a second class started?

Forum Member

There are two classes currently; one started Oct 16th, the other Oct 30th. I am ranked in the 120's and have been told i am high on the list for the Nov 27th class.

2 classes in, & at least 4 more to go. Patience, it will pay off.

Forum Member

Options, patience is easy for you, your about to be there. I didn't score as high as I could have and now I don't see the academy in my near future. Especially since you told me your in the 120's. Oh well, keep doing what I'm doing and wait it out.

Forum Member

Pugsley, how did things go for you today?

MembersZone Subscriber

I did not make it to the test this weekend. I ended up in the hospital Friday on my way to DC. I spoke with the recruiting office and I am reschedule for March as they are not doing any more testing after the 18th of Nov because of winter.

So now I unfortunally have to wait till March. How did you do Truckie?

Forum Member

Sorry to hear that Pugsley, Hope things are ok!!! There were 25 in the group today, I ran threw in 10:45, the tower kicked my arse. My legs felt like lead weights coming back down the tower, other then that things were good, have to go back down on Tuesday for orientation. The Capt that was there said it would be a long weight until next CPAt and orientation, but didn't think it would be that long.For those of you who did the orientation, what is the best thing for a guy from out of state to do, drive around the city all day or park and take public trans?
    Last edited by Truckie42; 11-05-2006 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Another question to add

Forum Member

Truckie
    When I went to orientation I took the metro, but alot of other people drove. I'm not sure what the parking situation is near the Grimke school, but parking was $15 to park in a garage when we went downtown. I suggest taking the metro. The metro lets you out directly in front of both places you will need to go.

Forum Member

Shane are you from DC, I am trying to find the best way to p/u the metro outside of DC and run it into the city, and suggestions, anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Truckie42
    Shane are you from DC, I am trying to find the best way to p/u the metro outside of DC and run it into the city, and suggestions, anyone??
    Where are you coming in from? I-270 or I-95?
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Pick a metro stop on this map, http://www.wmata.com/maps/metrorail_street_map.cfm

But I suggest the Greenbelt station, as it is the closest one to I-95.

Forget about parking at Grimke.

Forum Member

I turned in my blue book last thursday, Nov. 20th, anyone know how long until the FBI background check is done and how long until they contact me for my medical exam? If you don't pass the background check do they contact you saying you are out of contention?

Quote Originally Posted by DCFDCAR5
    Pick a metro stop on this map, http://www.wmata.com/maps/metrorail_street_map.cfm

But I suggest the Greenbelt station, as it is the closest one to I-95.

Forget about parking at Grimke.
    And Shady Grove if he is coming in on I-270
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

The last couple times I came in I came down 695 to 95. I was on the DC Metro Web site, and if I am correst I can park at the Greenbelt and take the train right into DC and get off at the U street station, then a short walk, does that sound right? If so, whats the traffic like getting into Greenbelt. Sorry for all the ???'s just want to get it right and not be late.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jayzian
    I turned in my blue book last thursday, Nov. 20th, anyone know how long until the FBI background check is done and how long until they contact me for my medical exam? If you don't pass the background check do they contact you saying you are out of contention?
    I turned in my blue book exactly 1 week from the day I got it and Cheif Campbell said the FBI reports from my orientation group had come in that day. So it should only take a week or so.

Thread Information