Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shane19
    Did they state the reason for the postponement?
    No reason for the postponement

Forum Member

Any new news? Why has the forum gotton so quiet?

Forum Member

Someone mention POSTPONEMENT, and eveyone husseh up. Something else I just ound out is that Cpt. Campbell is transferring out of the Recruitment Division as of Nov 26, 2006. I saw it on the Personell Actions report that just came out. Looks like new contact is Cpt. Bashore. Maybe a reasson for the postponement??? Who knows.
    Last edited by Truckie42; 11-20-2006 at 09:05 AM.

Forum Member

I'm still waiting on my FBI background check, turned in my blue book on November 2nd. How long is supposed to take? a month or more?

MembersZone Subscriber

Im waiting on my background too. I turned it in about 2 weeks ago. Im trying to be patient and not over analyze any of this "hiring freeze" too much.

Forum Member

This department is really getting on my nerves. I was told that the class that was supposed to take place on the 27th is postponed. But its not a hiring freeze? Who is getting hired then? They CPT at recruiting told me they put the class off until the mayor decides what he wants to do. The guy doesn't even take over till January so I'm willing to bet it will be a couple months after that before they actually move in a direction. I have heard through union officials that the city counsel is not going to back third party EMS or the split of the Fire and EMS department. If he some how talks them into splitting the department what is going to happen to everyone who already have jobs there? Is the guys first act as mayor going to be laying off a couple hundred firemen. I wish someone knew.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jayzian
    I'm still waiting on my FBI background check, turned in my blue book on November 2nd. How long is supposed to take? a month or more?
    It took mine about a week to come back.

Forum Member

Shane, did they contact you once the background check was complete?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shane19
    It took mine about a week to come back.
    anybody else have any timeframes of when your background check was done and they contacted you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truckie42
    Shane, did they contact you once the background check was complete?
    My background check is not complete. Capt Campbell told me that my FBI background info was back, but thats only a small part of the investigation. He said the background check takes about 2 months.

Forum Member

Shane, did you call him or did they update you as the process went along?

Forum Member

I called him because I got tired of waiting.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey all, nobody knows what is going to happen, it is still all rumor, so if I were in your shoes I would do what I did, keep taking tests, I sat on the DC for two years without hearing a word..so dont worry, the truth is things are horrible morale wise in our department right know that isnt rumor..everything else changes daily believe me we all want ity to get sorted out as well

firescued
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Anyone hear anything

Has anyone heard anything about any future recruit classes?

Eddie

Forum Member

Eddie, I don't think anyone knows when the next class is going to run but there is going to be one. Last I heard personnel wise, at least 20 or so packets were already turned in for retirement and more are sure to follow. There are vacancies throughout the department and personnel are needed. Its just going to take time for the mayor to come into office and decide what the next step is going to be. Fenty has already indicated that he is not going to cut personnel or close firehouses. I think once he is in office a month or two later the ball will start to roll. I'm in the same boat brother, I was a week away from starting the academy when the told me there wasn't going to be a class. But all you can do is keep your hopes up and be patient, I think its a job worth waiting for.

Forum Member

i'm still waiting for my background packet to be done, turned it in Nov.2nd. So its been a little over a month. I'll wait the 2 months as Shane said, although i'm sure it'll take a little longer because of the holidays. Since the hiring freeze is in effect will it halt the process of the everything else like medical exam and psych eval.?

Forum Member

It wouldn't surprise me if the freeze does slow down the med exam etc. since they're not under the gun to get the applicants packets to personnel. On the other hand they should still need to fill the list with qualified applicants, because no matter what happens there are going to be vacancies. My best advise would be to call up to the clinic, the recruiting office, and the personnel office. Just be a pain in the *** until you get your questions answered.

Forum Member

Smile

Just wanted to let you guys know that on monday I recieved a letter saying I was medically qualified. I had a shoulder problem but now I'm cleared. I wonder if this means that things are rolling again? I hope they announce some Academy dates!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats!! Where are you in the process? Did you receive background results yet?

Forum Member

I was originally number 79. As far as the background check, in the letter I recieved it said that I have passed.

Forum Member

Default Academy

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DC PERSONNEL OFFICE, I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Academy starts on Jan 8th. Keep your phones turned on you may be getting the call to. Not sure how many people are going to be in the class but I guess the hiring freeze is over.

Forum Member

wooooooohoooooo I just got my call to. JAN 8 we should all get together for dinner. What is or recruit class #

Forum Member

Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Christmas present!!! Goodtime what was your ranking #?

Forum Member

Default Congrats

Just got my phone call, 1:45 EST, for a job offer. My original ranking number was 119
    Last edited by OptionsOpen; 12-28-2006 at 10:17 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by OptionsOpen View Post
    Just got my phone call, 1:45 EST, for a job offer.
    Congrats!! Keep us posted!!

Thread Information