Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

is the dc2000 application the right one online to download?

MembersZone Subscriber

I was wondering the same thing, is that the correct form? Its the only application that I could find on the human resources page. There was a section where you could fill out the applicaiton online, but that doesn't matter because you need to turn it in in-person.

Forum Member

DC2000 is the correct application. I recommend you download and complete it at home, that way you can make sure you filled it out correctly the first time. Bring your completed DC2000 with you to the drop off point at the proper time. It will make your day go much faster. Even if you don't turn in the one you downloaded, you can use it as a reference for filling out another one.

Forum Member

Default DCFD Application

Hey guys,

2 questions:

Do we need to fill out the "Ranking Factors" part of the application?

Do we need to have a supplemental resume? In the announcement there was mentioning of a resume....

Thanks

Forum Member

"Do we need to fill out the "Ranking Factors" part of the application?

Do we need to have a supplemental resume? In the announcement there was mentioning of a resume...."

No, to both questions.

For more information, please call the DC Fire/EMS Recruiting Officer at (202) 673-3330.
    Last edited by DCFDCAR5; 02-16-2006 at 05:56 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Did anyone notice the numbers?

I don't get it. They say that they are taking 1500 applications. Then they say that they are taking 223 in 9 locations. However, 223 x 9 = 2007. So how many are they taking? 1500 or 2007?

Forum Member

Read the announcement people.
    A maximum of 2,007 applications will be accepted; however, only the first 1,500 qualified applicants will be invited to take the written examination.
    https://erecruit.pshcm.asmp.dc.gov/p...NAVSTACK=Clear go to view job postings, select firefighter/emt.

Damn age discrimination!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace
    Damn age discrimination!
    US CODE: Title 29
    § 623. Prohibition of age discrimination
    (j) Employment as firefighter or law enforcement officer
    It shall not be unlawful for an employer which is a State, a political subdivision of a State, an agency or instrumentality of a State or a political subdivision of a State, or an interstate agency to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual because of such individual’s age if such action is taken—
    (1) with respect to the employment of an individual as a firefighter or as a law enforcement officer, the employer has complied with section 3(d)(2) of the Age Discrimination in Employment Amendments of 1996 [2] if the individual was discharged after the date described in such section, and the individual has attained—
    (A) the age of hiring or retirement, respectively, in effect under applicable State or local law on March 3, 1983; or
    (B)
    (i) if the individual was not hired, the age of hiring in effect on the date of such failure or refusal to hire under applicable State or local law enacted after September 30, 1996; or
    (ii) if applicable State or local law was enacted after September 30, 1996, and the individual was discharged, the higher of—
    (I) the age of retirement in effect on the date of such discharge under such law; and
    (II) age 55; and
    (2) pursuant to a bona fide hiring or retirement plan that is not a subterfuge to evade the purposes of this chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFDCAR5
    US CODE: Title 29
    § 623. Prohibition of age discrimination
    (j) Employment as firefighter or law enforcement officer
    It shall not be unlawful for an employer which is a State, a political subdivision of a State, an agency or instrumentality of a State or a political subdivision of a State, or an interstate agency to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual because of such individual’s age if such action is taken—
    (1) with respect to the employment of an individual as a firefighter or as a law enforcement officer, the employer has complied with section 3(d)(2) of the Age Discrimination in Employment Amendments of 1996 [2] if the individual was discharged after the date described in such section, and the individual has attained—
    (A) the age of hiring or retirement, respectively, in effect under applicable State or local law on March 3, 1983; or
    (B)
    (i) if the individual was not hired, the age of hiring in effect on the date of such failure or refusal to hire under applicable State or local law enacted after September 30, 1996; or
    (ii) if applicable State or local law was enacted after September 30, 1996, and the individual was discharged, the higher of—
    (I) the age of retirement in effect on the date of such discharge under such law; and
    (II) age 55; and
    (2) pursuant to a bona fide hiring or retirement plan that is not a subterfuge to evade the purposes of this chapter.
    Just because it is legal does not mean it is fair.
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber HenryChan's Avatar

Are you serious about the possibility of 4,000 applications? I may have to purchase a tent for Friday night...
    Local 2068

MembersZone Subscriber

Dennis

You can come in as a civilian Paramedic or IP and lateral over to Firefighting. It's already been done by some. Fossil.

Quote Originally Posted by R1SAlum
    Dennis

You can come in as a civilian Paramedic or IP and lateral over to Firefighting. It's already been done by some. Fossil.
    But I hate blood!
    -Big Russ

Forum Member

If you are reading this message, you should be getting off the computer and on your way with your tent and sleeping bag to DC right now. Bring warm clothes and some food. Hope your bladder doesn't give out at the wrong time, and good luck to all.

Forum Member

Question Question FF/PM ??

I understand that tomorrow is a one shot deal for the FF/EMT-B job application period..

How long is the department going to recruit for the FF/Paramedic job?

Is it going to stay "open recruitment" for the time being until it's filled?

Forum Member

On Saturday D/C accepted apps. I don't know about anyone else, but my experience was definetly eye opening. I drove down from PA and after realizing I wasn't in Amish Country any more, I happened along the Rec center at 10th & G. There were about 75-80 people in line, not counting the ones who were in their cars while their buddies held their spot. It was about 6 a.m. when I got there. After about 3 hours the line seemed like it had grown to about 150. As 10 fast approached the natives started getting restless and tensions did build. When they finally opened the doors they took 1 person in at a time. It took about 2-3 minutes per person and then next in line to the door. Well by about 12 with only a handful of people through the door tensions got hot. People actually had the LACK of integrity or respect for others and actually line jumped and cut in front of others. Words flew and the person in charge of things had to intervine. The line was a disorganized mob at best and when the D.C. Staff asked for people to turn the line around to move it back to make space top make it a single file line, people had the nerve to curse him out. They actually were going to close the place down! These are the same people who expect to go to the Academy? I often wonder if some people who apply for positions in Fire/EMS, and Police work really realize what all is really expected of them.. Well in the end cooler heads prevailed and we all ghot through. I finally got my app dropped off at 2:30 p.m. at number 135. Good luck to all who did get your apps in. Oh yeah thanks to the 2 girls 1 from D.C. and the other from NY, who were thinking and ordered Domino's to deliver!!!!!!

Forum Member

Default D/C fire academy

Does anyone know how hard the DC fire academy is? I'm active duty Air Force and I don't want to seperate from the Air Force if my chance of failing out of the academy is very high? How many recruit classes do they have per year? What is the average class size?

Forum Member

It's not a bad (tough-wise) academy, they'll give you a hard time and stuff, but it would be hard to fail out unless you quit. Otherwise, they'll walk you through it and make sure you pass... because trust me, there have been some real POS's that have made it through, even without completing some of the PT... it's up to you, but I think you'd make it w/o a problem.
    Last edited by LPFD53; 04-04-2006 at 09:30 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just received my papers in the mail about being accepted for the written exam on May 20th. Just wondering if anyone knows how long before another recruit class will held.......on the DCFD website they have a story about one of the classes running on the Mall, so to me, if they already have one class going on now, it will probably be a while before another class is held.

Forum Member

Default DCFD Academy

I read the same story you did. From what I've read throughout the forums.....I've heard that DC only accepts applications every two years, those people who make it through the entire process is sent to the academy over the following 2 years. So, there is a possiblity that if you make it through you may not see the academy for up to 2 years.

I think this sucks because I'm on active duty and I don't want to seperate from the military and be unemployeed for a year before I get in the academy.

I have a quick question to......I read the article about the recruits running 8 miles to the Washington National Mall...How often do they do something like that? I'm in great shape, but 8 miles is a long way.......Am I the only one concerned about this?
    What is the hardest physical aspect of the academy? Cam someone give me some insight on what goes on there outside of the classroom?

Thread Information