Permanently Removed

Default Hey gun guys. I just bought a...

I just bought a SIG P228 with Triticon night sights. I am all giggly! I am not normally a 9mm guy, but I found out they stopped making the P228 and have always liked the design and feel of the Sigs. (I guess they consolidated the 9mm into the P229 model)

Side note- I am mainly a Glock and .40 fan. (I know- "Tacical Tupperware") But for a travel gun, I didnt think the recoil of a .40 would be best. The 9mm should do a good job. Now if someone could send please send a California brother some hi-cap Sig mags...*wink-wink*

Any feedback please.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 12-14-2005 at 03:12 PM.

Forum Member

First off:

I am not a "Gun Guy" I am a Radical Right Wing Extreminst Gun Nut if you listen to all of the flaming liberal windbags who want to take away our individual rights as citizens.

Second:

You will not be disappointed with the Sig Sauer. I have a P-229 in .40 and a P-245 in .45 ACP. Both are fine weapons, especially if you have smaller hands like me and Mrs. Sharkie. Perhaps this fine purchase will change you from that Glock stuff to a finer caliber (no pun intended) of firearm.

Third:

I am assuming that you do not live in San Francisco where all of the PC freaks voted in November to ban owenership, carriage, sale, or manufacture of firearms unless you are a police officer. Blows my mind, like that is going to stop the CRIMINALS from breaking the law. No, we'll just strip the CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHT TO PERSONAL FIREARMS OWNERSHIP away from people that ABIDE BY THE FRIGGIN' LAW!!!!!!!!

Thanks for getting my blood pressure up. Did my wife offer to split the life insurance with you? I'll bet she did.....

As for the whole 9mm issue, nice for practicing 'cuz it is a bit cheaper, but I still don't like it.

Next on your list should be a Kimber. Very fine 1911. I have a Kimber Warrior. Did I mention that it is a very fine weapon yet?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Permanently Removed

Shark Man- Thanks for the nice response. I think I went with the Glock back in 1997 because of the all-around reliability and the fact you can freeze the, run them over, drop them in mud, etc. They are like indestructable. I (for some reason) like the hammerless slide. I guess I like everything to be nice and neat in one little package.

As for the Sigs, one of the best guns you can buy out of the box. I just love the look of the P228. I cant explain it. It will be a nice addition. I am still not a big 9mm fan, but hell, they can do the job. Heck, a .22 can do the job. I have seen (CPR and all) a .38 really do the job.

And no-f**cking-way do I live in SF. I dont think that ban will last.

Here is a picture of the Sig P228...

Forum Member

Wink

Bou, Be careful that you don't shoot your eye out!!!!

I still love my SW 357 mag.
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Forum Member

Default no 9mm

I see where the military is going to drop the 9mm and go back to the venerable 45. Nothing like real stopping power.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU
    And no-f**cking-way do I live in SF. I dont think that ban will last.
    It won't, the NRA and the Second Ammendment Foundation are already challenging it. I think they filed papers the week the ban passed. Of course with the loons on the 9th Circuit Court who know how that will go.

Of course, you know you want to move into San Fran and share an apartment with Mini-me. Couldn't resist.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by allineedisu
    Bou, Be careful that you don't shoot your eye out!!!!

I still love my SW 357 mag.
    Ok I wont.

On the SW 357- My buddy bought on of those ultra lightweight hammerless jobs. Wow, what a rist breaker!

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    Of course, you know you want to move into San Fran and share an apartment with Mini-me. Couldn't resist.
    No way to Mini-me. I might "accidently" kick him or drop him out of a window.
    Or shoot him with the Sig?

MembersZone Subscriber

H&K SP 89 9mm is a mighty fine weapon. Both 16 and 31 round clips are the way to go. Problem is most ranges dont like the weapon.

Forum Member

Ive got a S&W 9 mm not a jam in the 10 years Ive had it. Its not as stong
    as a .40 but if the peoples repub of cali will still let you buy Hydra-Shocks
    its got enough knock down power. My brother has an H&K .40, sweet gun.

Ill still stick with th .357 on the headboard though, no slides, no saftey

Permanently Removed

Again, I am not a 9mm person. But all of us know, those bullets can do some damage. FMJ, hollow point, whatever.

The .40 is still my round of choice.

dazed and confused

Default I support tactical tupperware, IN THIS INSTANCE ONLY!

I'm a proud owner of a Glock 23. I love my gun. My work-issued gun is a Glock 22, though I qualify with both and usually carry my G23. I've been the only owner of both guns. They're great, no doubt about it. I love how simple they are. To me, the less parts there are, the better.

If I were to go out and buy a second handgun, it would be an HK USP full-size .45, with LEM trigger. $$$ yes, but they are great guns as well. I'd never give up my G23 though.

Someday I will own a nice AR-15 as well, but I haven't decided on exactly what I want yet.
    Last edited by Resq14; 12-14-2005 at 08:23 PM.
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie

Rambo Mini-Me has his gun !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU
    Again, I am not a 9mm person. But all of us know, those bullets can do some damage. FMJ, hollow point, whatever.

The .40 is still my round of choice.
    Hmmm....it all doesn't matter what caliber it is.....basically....if I drop one in the head or heart.....its lights out....the only differance is the mess it will make.

ps....you forgot to mention....wad cutters, and boat tail wad cutters....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvwrench
    I see where the military is going to drop the 9mm and go back to the venerable 45. Nothing like real stopping power.

We went to 9mm b/c the rest of NATO was 9mm....plus they are cheap, and light weight....so you can carry more.....and hold more in a mag.

21 rounds of .45 or 48 of 9mm.......

but......I hated my Beretta Model 92F......the sights sucked, it was bulker than the Colt 1911......and it doesn't fire a very manly round......

Disillusioned Subscriber

The Baretta 92 makes a great club once your ammo's all been dispatched downrange.

Like Resq14, I carry a Glock 23 myself. The ballistics of the .40 cal makes me prefer the round over the 9mm.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

MembersZone Subscriber
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

#1 choice for me............10 MM, full power load! Kicks *****!!!!

#2 45 ACP. I've got a 745 S & W that is so sweet shooting.

Whats up with the new 45 GAP??????? Can someone explain this cartridge to me. Buddy of mine just bought a Glock in that caliber.

Someday I will own a nice AR-15 as well, but I haven't decided on exactly what I want yet.
    Love my HBAR, but I'd rather have a carbine now that you can purchase one again.

Bou, may we borrow Mini-Me for live fire training?
    Last edited by arhaney; 12-15-2005 at 12:09 AM.
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Forum Member

I'll take my S&W .357mag. over an automatic anyday. Who needs 16 when 6 will do the job?
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

Forum Member

I have the Ruger P-90 D in .45. Real sweet shooter and just heavy enough to keep it comfortable to fire off a few.
    My favorite, come to think of it they are all my favorite, but for shear power and fun I have a Ruger Bisley .44mag.
    This spring I'm shopping for the hand cannon the S&W 500 mag.

Forum Member

I have a S&W 9mm model 909. It is a slimline single stack design for concealed carry. Works pretty well and hides easily for a concealed weapon. I figure that 10 rounds will be enough when needed.

For a stopper, I have a Kimber .45acp. Not much that can get by with that thing hitting them. It's a little bulky, so I don't carry it much. The Kimber's quality has gone up tremendously over the years, but so has the price!

Both guns are loaded with the pre-ban "Cop-Killer" bullets that pierce most flak-jaks.

Interesting note is that a .22 cal does the most internal damage because the bullet ricochets off bones and tears the insides up. Whereas the bigger calibers simply go in, explode an organ and continue out the other side. It also travels over a mile.

Forum Member

As a proud sig owner (P229 .40 S&W), I am very glad to say welcome to the club. Sig is, IMHO, the best out of the box pistol you can buy. The P228 is a very good gun and you see excellent results with your choice. You will find that its dead on from the factory and it wont ever let you down. Treat your Sig nice and it will last for a lot longer than you or I will be shooting.

Stay safe and remember the extra mags.
    Loo
    Lieutenant / EMT- Paramedic
    Protective Services Officer

Forum Member

I like both my Berreta 92F and my Smith 686 .357 Mag.
    When opening up the roof remember plywood comes in 4' X 8' sheets.

www.94firedept.com

IACOJ proud member

MembersZone Subscriber

Hated like heck to turn in my .45 for the 9mm back when the Army made us change. Went out and bought a 1911 that had a "new" frame and an old Remmington Rand slide. I then took it to my pal in the armory and had him make it nice. Then went to the rigger and had her put a second holster in my flight vest. I looked like freakin' John Wayne with a pistola on each hip!
    Never had to use either one, but it made me feel better. And, yes, I cleared it with the Batallion Commander. In fact the Colonel went out and did the same thing. Flew two tours in Korea and Desert Shield with that rig.

Jimmy Mac

Forum Member

Thumbs up Welcome

Welcome to the world of Cadillac, and it is good to see that you are leaving the Kia club. I was always a S&W fan until I was issued a P.O.S. from the city. I was allowed to buy something different (thanks goodness). I bought my P226 and am very impressed with the performance. I will have to say it has been one of the best buys I have made for a weapon. I still own several S&W's and they are fine. As for something with a little punch I like the Sig P226. I am planning on buying a P229 9mm in the future.

As for the 9mm debate it depends on what you are wanting to do. If you have to shoot through a barrier (windshield) then the 9mm is not that good. Overall this has been and still is a widely accecpted round in the LE community. I guess it all depends on what you need the weapon and ammunition to do for you.

BTW...one drop of oil on the slide is all that is needed
    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
    EVERYONE GOES HOME
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

That is one very beautiful weapon to work with. When I certified for the Naval Boarding team as part of my shipboard duties, I got to use the P228, MP5 and Remmington 850.

The instructors found out in a hurry that although weapons handling is not my PCF, I can shoot pretty darn well with both the P228 and MP5. If I was to buy a weapon, it would certainly be on my list of favourites.

The Canadian military purchased the P228 and MP5s sometime during the late 1990's (I did my trg summer 99) to replace the Browning 9mm and C8 carbine 5.56mm as close in support weapons. The C8 is still in service, but not for special ops stuff. Its kinda nice to only have to carry one type of ammo for two different weapons.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information