Thread: She's Back

Forum Member

And using a dead soldiers mother to further your political points...... go punch yourself!
    Riiight. While she and I may share viewpoints on some things, I'm certainly not using her for anything. She has her own voice. I was protesting this stupid war long before she came on the scene.
    Keep trying, though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman
    Riiight. While she and I may share viewpoints on some things, I'm certainly not using her for anything. She has her own voice. I was protesting this stupid war long before she came on the scene.
    Keep trying, though.
    Protesting? On fh.com? Wow, you are really out front on this one!

Forum Member

As far as I can tell, she only started protesting after her son died and it became easy and convenient for her.
    Easy and convenient? You're a joke. Go study up on your hose clamps or something.

Forum Member

They tell us an entirely different story than the main stream liberal left media.
    Suuuure they do. Get your damn head out of the clouds.

Forum Member

That's right, you don't have access to the soldiers coming back. We are pretty close to Fort Drum where the 42nd Infantry Division is stationed. We also have a huge number of guys who are returning from the local reserve units. They all have the same story, the Iraqai people are glad we are there. They are all disappointed by the negative press coverage. Then again, liberals thrive on negativity.
    I don't have access? Um, yeah; you know SO much about me. And as for the majority of Iraqis being glad we are there...boy, you sure have been hitting the kool-aid pretty hard, haven't you?
    Can't prove other wise can you? So when confronted with the truth you resort to your childhood and tell me to just go away.
    What?? Are you claiming that Cindy Sheehand did not oppose this war before her son was killed? And by feeling compelled to speak out publicly after what she feels was the needless death of her son she is somehow cheapening his sacrifice? It's people like YOU who support lying idiots like BUSH who cheapen these soldiers' gallant sacrifice by marching them off to die for profit in the first place. Get a clue! It's over...Bush and his cronies lied about the reasons to invade Iraq. If you haven't accepted that by now after all that's come to light, then you are either being intentionally deceitful, or incredibly stupid.
    Your ignorance is amazing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cindy Sheehan.
    Yeah; I remember her.
    Her son died defending her right to disrespect the office of the President of the United States, get a book deal and a made-for-TV movie.
    Politically, she has nothing that I am in the least bit interested in hearing.
    She is a mother who has lost a son. That is tragic.
    But what is even more tragic is that all of her rants will not change the military strategy in Iraq.
    I have a nephew over there right now and I don't appreciate the Cindy Sheehans of the world encouraging the enemy with their anti-war rhetoric.
    Let's finish this war and talk about it in hindsight...you know; the way we would do it normally.
    How many other parents of KIA soldiers have taken it as an opportunity to increase their celebrity?
    She has her rights and I have mine. But her "rights" isn't going to fix what's wrong.
    We have all lost loved ones. We need to grieve when that happens and not hire a business manager.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Well said CR!....

If I might add a few points....

1. I am versy opposed to the war in Iraq...at this point anyways.

2. Cindy Sheehan is ****ing on her son's memory and the memories of the servicemen killed over there, and she is too stupid to realize it.

3. My opposition to the war in Iraq has solidified since one of my best friends returned home last weekend following a 14 month deployment. He paints a different picture of the war in Iraq than the media does (conservative or liberal). The Iraqis want us out. The insurgents will keep coming. There is no end in sight. He was in an Engineering Batallion and crawled a highway near Rhamadi removing IED's...they'd spend 8 hours traveling 15 miles one direction, and by the time they turned around to go back, insurgents had replanted the whole highway...that sounds like headway to me. If that happened daily along one 15 mile stretch of highway, I can't possibly imagine how much headway we are making in the rest of the country.

4. Did I mention I am opposed to the war in Iraq?
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Forum Member

For the last time, she isn't. Take your crap somewhere else.
    In YOUR opinion she isnt.
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF
    And using a dead soldiers mother to further your political points...... go punch yourself! You are the first person to use the casualties in Iraq to further your points. You not have any good arguments to put out in a debate, all you are is a bush hating hypocrit.
    LAMO!!
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

Forum Member

I don't have access? Um, yeah; you know SO much about me. And as for the majority of Iraqis being glad we are there...boy, you sure have been hitting the kool-aid pretty hard, haven't you?

What?? Are you claiming that Cindy Sheehand did not oppose this war before her son was killed? And by feeling compelled to speak out publicly after what she feels was the needless death of her son she is somehow cheapening his sacrifice? It's people like YOU who support lying idiots like BUSH who cheapen these soldiers' gallant sacrifice by marching them off to die for profit in the first place. Get a clue! It's over...Bush and his cronies lied about the reasons to invade Iraq. If you haven't accepted that by now after all that's come to light, then you are either being intentionally deceitful, or incredibly stupid.
    Your ignorance is amazing.
    Can you say Sheehand DID oppose the war when her son entered the war? Do we know how her Son felt about the war?

She can say whatever to whoever she wants - as far as it looks now it was a brief flash in the pan protest.

There are a lot of Iraqis that want us there - majority? Who knows - has anyone taken a poll?

I am not so sure Cindy should be using her Sons name to protest the war - we have no idea how he felt really. I have not seen any hard proof her son protested the war at all? If so then maybe she is justified using her Sons name to help her cause.

If her Son was proud of what he was doing and why - using his name is wrong IMO. Not saying she cant protest - protest away.
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

Forum Member

blah blah "you liberal" ....blah blah BLAH "you conservative"..."i hate you" "no i hate you more"

jesus!!!!! don't you all ever get tired of this bulls#it?! honestly!!! neither side bows to one another. why waste your energy?

1. Chief, well put. I dont' appreciate how vocalizing her stance on our government just adds fuel to the fire...

2. I don't feel she ran to Ireland because noone here will listen to her. She realized she needed to make news again, so she went for shock factor....hrm...lets see. i'll go to another country and talk to their PM. And, my husband is Irish....and my son spoke fondly of a positive experience in Ireland....eureka!

3. I don't know about you all, but my momma raised me to know familia FIRST! And if Casey was any sort of soldier, the Army taught him that, too. So I'm pretty sure you would never catch that man berating his mother for what she feels is right, and I'd wage a fair bet hes rolling in his box 6 ft down wanting to come show you what the words loyalty and pride really mean. Who are you to say she is disrespecting and disgracing his and over 2000 servicemens' deaths?

if anything...

by her incessant media grabs, she keeps bringing the deaths to light. After 4 years of our boys dieing, its a safe bet to assume the mass has developed a thick skin to it. 6 here by IED, another 15 by suicide car bomber, 2 in a gunfight...and so on. How many actually click those news headers on yahoo.com or msn.com anymore? We few may be the minority here on this board..

there is ALWAYS a flipside gent's (and ladies..?). Arguing and looking like a bunch of unprofessional arses wont help anyone understand it. Besides. there is a level of information that we as the public won't ever have access to. and thats the cold hard truth..so DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Forum Member

Can you say Sheehand DID oppose the war when her son entered the war? Do we know how her Son felt about the war?
    According to her she was.
    She can say whatever to whoever she wants - as far as it looks now it was a brief flash in the pan protest.
    Hardly. Check the polls, man. She did her part.
    There are a lot of Iraqis that want us there - majority? Who knows - has anyone taken a poll?
    Sure they have. Look into it.
    I am not so sure Cindy should be using her Sons name to protest the war - we have no idea how he felt really. I have not seen any hard proof her son protested the war at all? If so then maybe she is justified using her Sons name to help her cause.
    So, he has to have been against the war for her to have the right to protest? Nice. I guess losing your son is just not enough to act upon.
    jesus!!!!! don't you all ever get tired of this bulls#it?! honestly!!! neither side bows to one another. why waste your energy?
    Umm...to help prevent another stupid, needless war based on lies and greed that will kill thousands upon thousands of human beings? Think that might be a good reason to discuss it? Nah...let's just all shut up and let the government do whatever the hell it wants to do without questioning it or demanding proof of its actions; that's the ticket.

Forum Member

(SNIP)
    So, he has to have been against the war for her to have the right to protest? Nice. I guess losing your son is just not enough to act upon.
    Well you conviently left this out when you quoted me -

I said:

If her Son was proud of what he was doing and why - using his name is wrong IMO. [SIZE=5] Not saying she cant protest - protest away[/SIZE.

If you are going to quote someone at least be accurate.
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wow!!

but I guess here is my rants/complaints etc...

I think the IRONIC thing here, is CS goes to a country where people are (still) killing one another over Christian religions.....and GASP! There are no minorities (blacks, Asians, Arabs) involved.

One the whole Iraq war.....here a few points....

1) A friend was there, another is going back. They both said, that the enemy/insurgents or whatever, will stand in front of women and children, point weapons, and set up IED's and taunt the troops, KNOWING we will not fire. Remember, many of these soldiers are "weekend warriors" and 18 year old kids. They shouldn't have to deal with that kind of thing, but they KNEW they may have to. (just like many of us chance being killed at a fire?)

2) If we are killing hundreds of thousands of civilian Iraqi's why isn't the press reporting this every day? Seems that every unit has at least one inbedded reportrer with them...wouldn't they report we are killing women and children?

There those are my points and thoughts

but I will leave yuo with this

"War is not the answer......Unless a democrat is the President"

Forum Member

Credible source. Good one.

Hardly. Check the polls, man. She did her part.
    You honestly think that she has anything to do with the polls?

Sure they have. Look into it.
    Please, point us to these "polls". BTW, polls can be swayed to meet your agenda or the other side, so whatever poll you can direct us to, I am sure I can find one that says the opposite.

She can be against the war and protest all she wants, just don't use a soldier's name to do so when the soldier may not have been of the same opinion. That's disrespectful.

Umm...to help prevent another stupid, needless war based on lies and greed that will kill thousands upon thousands of human beings? Think that might be a good reason to discuss it? Nah...let's just all shut up and let the government do whatever the hell it wants to do without questioning it or demanding proof of its actions; that's the ticket.
    SAVE THE HUMANS! SAVE THE HUMANS! Are you the same with hunting? Save the deer! save the deer! We should protest hunters so thousands of little deer won't be slaughtered.

Gimme a break. It's risk versus benefits. We know that anytime we go to war, we will lose servicemen and women. The benefits however, are saving countless other lives by slowing or squashing the killing done by these monsters we are fighting. The guys in the armed forces accept that they may lose their lives to save others and serve PROUDLY.

THE MAJORITY OF THE HOUSE AND SENATE (which includes the guys from the democratic party) thought that based on the intelligence we had at the time, invasion was necessary. Only now do we find out that the info was not as accurate as we thought. To think that the president knew that the info was bad but noone else did is ignorant. He was mislead just like everyone else. However, I still feel we did what needed to be done. And now that we have gone in and started something, we need to finish it or the consequences will be far reaching. And as usual, you can't support your ignorant little anti-war statements with anything valuable or credible.

Thread Information