Forum Member

Post Pierce Enforcer Chassis ?

We are looking for information on the " Pierce Enforcer Chassis " features & specifications ! Is it available with a ( Tandem Rear Axle ) GVW rating , Wheelbase , cramp angle , etc. for a 75' - 100' aerial ladder apparatus. looked on the pierce web site but did not find any information!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII
    We are looking for information on the " Pierce Enforcer Chassis " features & specifications ! Is it available with a ( Tandem Rear Axle ) GVW rating , Wheelbase , cramp angle , etc. for a 75' - 100' aerial ladder apparatus. looked on the pierce web site but did not find any information!
    You can go up to a 75' stick, aluminum I assume. 45 degree cramp angle.

The brochure I have says you can get a 44,000 tandem @ 66,000 GVW, but the website says 31,000 single @ 53,000 GVW, and the salesman says tandem.
    Last edited by BVFD1983; 12-19-2005 at 07:41 PM.
    FTM - PTB

Forum Member

Lightbulb

The info you seek is here...

http://www.piercemfg.com/apparatus/enforcer.cfm

http://www.piercemfg.com/apparatus/ladders.cfm

Wheelbase and tandem axel will not be listed, as it depends on what you spec. BTW, I belive the Enforcer is an available option for all Pierce aerials.
    Last edited by Dave1983; 12-19-2005 at 09:07 PM.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Anyone know what the major difference between the different Pierce custom chassis? I see Pierce has the Quantum, Dash, Lance, Enforcer, Saber, and Arrow. Why do they need so many models?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    I belive the Enforcer is an available option for all Pierce aerials.
    I was told they will not build too big on it because you can only go up to 400 HP...
    FTM - PTB

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Enforcer is basically the Dash cab with a limit of 400HP motor and no multiplexed wiring.

Here is one of the 100' Aerials on an Enforcer Tandem: http://www.piercemfg.com/new_deliver...13&Type=aerial

The rest of the Enforcer Aerials are all single axle 75'ers. Dash is the most popular chassis for aerials, and most trucks. There isn't that much of a difference between the chassis as far as price goes last time I checked.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Ledebuhr1
    Anyone know what the major difference between the different Pierce custom chassis? I see Pierce has the Quantum, Dash, Lance, Enforcer, Saber, and Arrow. Why do they need so many models?
    Quantum: Top of the line, bar none. Any gadget or gizmo you could want.

Dash and the Lance are the same except Lance is split tilt. Both offer nearly any option.

Arrow XT: Big drivetrain, without all the gidgets and gizmos. So-called urban chassis.

Enforcer: Basically a Dash with a smaller drivetrain. Same size framerails as the above.

Saber: Bottom of the line, small drivetrain, 10.125'' frame rails vs. 13.125 for the rest. Only 40 degree cramp, no IFS, single axle, drum brakes only.
    Last edited by BVFD1983; 12-19-2005 at 09:41 PM.
    FTM - PTB

Forum Member

bvfd1983, Thanks for your response. What would be some features that you could get on the Quantum, but not on the others? I know it has automatic folding steps, but I assume it offers more than that.

Forum Member

I am still having a hard time getting used to the Quantums looks. Its like the ugly duckling of the group. Anyone have a Quantum and think its better looking after you have had it a while?

Forum Member

we have a 2001 Quantum engine and I personally like the look. I haven't seen the new look in person yet, but from pics, I prefer the older look.

We just took delivery of a Smeal aerial on the Sirius chassis. i.e. Spartan.
    I will never like the nose on that rig. Personally would've of like the standard Spartan cab.

Forum Member

We Have Two New Enforcers On Duty Here. They Are Approaching Their 1st Birthday And We Have Had Very Few Problems Concerns And Complaints. They Appear To Be Pretty Solid Trucks. The Minor "issues" That Arose Were Quickly Dealt With By The Factory Repair Folks. We Went With The Medium Block Cummins @ 400hp, Front Disk Brakes And A Solid Front Axle. They Opted For The Husky 10 Foam System, Front Steamer Intake And A Bumper Line Of 100' In The Front Pan. Other Than That It Is A Standard Engine For This Part Of The World.

Forum Member

From what I've seen the Lance cab can be longer and leaves room for more crew space, compartments, etc.

MembersZone Subscriber

It is a split tilt with capacity for ten.
    FTM - PTB

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The Lance really doesn't have any more space than the Dash, it's just longer because of the extra 18" to have the split-tilt. We have a pumper with the fully extended crew area, and there's less room in that than in the Dash on our HDR and Quint. Quantum has the most interior space because it sits up so high.

The Lance is nice in inclement weather, in most stations you can get the cab up indoors to work under the hood, which is nice if you do your own maintenance other than just checking fluids.

Forum Member

The lance isnt necessarily longer. We had ours built as short as possible to keep our 105' ladder truck as short as possible overall (37'). our driver and officer seats are pushed very far up leaving very little in the way of legroom, however the short truck is nice. Ours only seats 6 (4 across facing rearward in the jumpseat). Our Quantum is a 2005 (the new one) with the 22" raised roof, seating for 6. You could replace the command desk in that thing with a basketball hoop and play 3 on 3. Very accomodating cab. We will be taking delivery of an enforcer engine in a lttle more than a year. The difference in price to go from the Enforcer to the Dash is only like $6k-$8k (chassis alone, not including prices of drivetrains). While the Quantum is considered the "top of the line" the Lance is actually the most expensive (at least it was the last time I asked, corect me if I'm wrong).

www.palmerfire.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er
    The Lance really doesn't have any more space than the Dash, it's just longer because of the extra 18" to have the split-tilt. We have a pumper with the fully extended crew area, and there's less room in that than in the Dash on our HDR and Quint. Quantum has the most interior space because it sits up so high.

The Lance is nice in inclement weather, in most stations you can get the cab up indoors to work under the hood, which is nice if you do your own maintenance other than just checking fluids.

We just took delivery of a Lance in October. We ended up going with the fully extended crew area as well (27" extension if I remember right). We wanted to have 6 SCBA seats in the crew area....so we had to go with the Lance. If I remember right....we would not have been able to do the 6 SCBA seats in the Dash....that's why we needed to go with the Lance chassis.

Great truck so far! Service has been great both from the dealer and the factory.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

You can do 6 in the back of the Dash, it's just tight with two forward facing in the middle on the back wall and 4 rear facing.

27, I thought Quantum was more, but they weren't very far apart in price. Also if you go with the short Lance, then it will be shorter than the rest, but you also only get 4 rear facing, but at the size of people around here maybe 3 if you stick one skinny guy in the middle. You still have 18" of "dead" space where the cab separates. One advantage to the Lance is that you can have the compartments low behind the crew door. The Dash's structural members are there so you can't put any compartments like we did on the Lance with the backboards and spare SCBA cylinders put in there.

MembersZone Subscriber

We found the transverse area of the cabinets in the "extension" are to be a perfect spot for our hard suction hoses as well as our hydrant bag, jump kit, and an empty spot for the operator to store his jacket, helmet, etc. Works out great!!!

Our neighboring department has 8 w/SCBA in their Lance....that was wayyy too tight for our liking....even if we throw our skinniest guys in there. That is why we decided to go with 6 in the back. We went with the 22" raised roof too.....gives alot of room to move around and most of our guys can stand up in there w/o hitting their heads.

It is not by any means the shortest truck around. But, with the TAK-4 and it's 45 degree cramp angle...the maneuvering seems to be just fine. This is our first custom cab. All of our other trucks are conventionals. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! The new truck drives like a dream compared to the other rigs that we have (a mid 90's international rescue pumper and a '99 freightliner quint).

MembersZone Subscriber

Our Dash has four rear facing seats.

With three guys in there it is pretty cramped
    Last edited by BVFD1983; 01-22-2006 at 04:50 PM.
    FTM - PTB

Forum Member

Our Quantum has 3 foward facing seats. That's one center, the two outers are fold up seats, but all are SCBA. The center seat is the most comfortable. Plenty of room to move around and still carry a decent crew with room for gear etc. Like we ever have 5 on the truck anyway, the station only sleeps 4.

Our Smeal platform is only 4 seats. two forward facing in the middle. Should of been spread out. you bump elbows with your partner. If you can do it, go with the Quantum cab. The most visiblity.

I can't imagine being in the back in a 10 seat cab and having all 8 in the back attempting to put on packs at the same time.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Just a clarification about one of the above messages: The Enforcer IS a multi-plexed system, just like the Dash. The Arrow XT is the only non-multi-plexed chassis that Pierce is currently building.

The Enforcer is limited to 400HP and a 1500GPM pump.

The Dash, Lance, and Quantum can all be outfitted with nearly all of the options. 400-525HP motors and pumps that are up to 3000GPM are available on these chassis, as are tandem axles.

Hope this helps...

FH Mag/.com Contributor

When we built the Dash HDR in 2003 that was what were were told was the difference, Dash was multiplexed, Enforcer wasn't. No Command Zone on the Enforcer, guess that's the difference if Enforcer really is multiplexed. Their materials still don't say it is. Oh well, minor details.

MembersZone Subscriber

We just spec'd an enforcer. Papers signed on 12/24/05. It comes with command zone, however it is not a display screen. It is just dummy lights and computer connections.

Forum Member

Cool

We just talked to a local Pierce sales rep and a 75' aerial on a " Dash " chassis is about $ 29,000 more than a " Enforcer " chassis , because of the engine size & 4000 EVS trans !

Thread Information