MembersZone Subscriber

Default That's All Folks! SAFER and AFGP Awards for 2005.

Well, if my calculations are correct we just saw the end of AFGP and SAFER awards for 2005:

AFGP has awarded 5602 departments $571,552,676.00

SAFER has awarded 132 departments $59,295,047.00

Congratulations to all the winners and to all who recieved a rejection notice my deep condolences . Persisitence all, keep on trying, get better educated and try, try again! NEVER SAY DIE!

I'm outta here! Happy Holidays to everyone! .... paging Mr Jack Daniels... ah yes... make mine a double!
    Last edited by ktb9780; 12-24-2005 at 09:03 AM.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Kurt,
    If your calcs are right, I wounder where our DJ or congrats is for SAFER. Haven't heard from either side.

MembersZone Subscriber

Not sure firemedic but, if they hold true to the past and what they have been stating they said about 130 SAFERs and there are 132 of them plus I believe they only had $60 mill for this but, maybe I am wrong maybe it was $65 mill. Have you checked your online applciations mailbox just to make sure?
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Happy Holidays, Kurt!

Happy Holidays to you, Kurt. You sure deserve it, buddy, for the tons of advice and support that you have given all of us here -both day and night- over the last year, and more. You have thousands upon thousands of grateful followers who wish only the very best for a rare guy like yourself. Enjoy the time off.

By the way, I did as you suggested, but I'm afraid that when I pulled the rip-cord, the only thing that came out was someone else's dirty laundry. Seems the best that I can hope for now is that the impending sudden stop at the bottom is into a large pile of soft manure. Time will tell. Clever Boys, those guys.

Talk back at ya next year. God Bless You.

MembersZone Subscriber

CaptMatt, thanks for the kind words and thoughts. As discussed, you are between a rock and a hard place. There was no "ideal" solution to this problem. we could only take a calculated risk and hope for the best. The intials CYA come to mind, in more ways than one! Happy Holidays!
    Last edited by ktb9780; 12-24-2005 at 09:04 AM.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Check those mailboxes twice a day on Tues and Thurs, daily otherwise. I wonder how much is truly left? With many departments turning down the funding because of the lack of local government suport. We have the full support of our Village, as far as an ordinance drafed and ready with support if and when we ever get notified.

MembersZone Subscriber

firemedic43, hopefully prominent mention of that ordinance and council support were stated in your application. Good luck!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

It was definately noted in the narrative. Thanks to the 3 wise men ( well 2 and Dixie) for all of your knowledge and assistance. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas ( or whatever you celebrate at this time of year).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780
    Well, if my calculations are correct we just saw the end of AFGP and SAFER awards for 2005:

AFGP has awarded 5602 departments $571,552,676.00

SAFER has awarded 132 departments $59,295,047.00

Congratulations to all the winners and to all who recieved a rejection notice my deep condolences . Persisitence all, keep on trying, get better educated and try, try again! NEVER SAY DIE!

I'm outta here! Happy Holidays to everyone! .... paging Mr Jack Daniels... ah yes... make mine a double!
    I think there is a few more AFG to be awarded.I know of a EMS service that have been contacted about there grant with award reductions approved per the service.They have also fill out the questions with the direct deposit update.The EMS only portion of the AFG may have a few to go!
    Last edited by coldfront; 12-26-2005 at 04:31 PM.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Thread Information