Thread: I Told You...

Forum Member

Yet here we all are.
    Yep...even the almighty Wendt apparantly has nothing better to do with his time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman
    Yep...even the almighty Wendt apparantly has nothing better to do with his time.
    Nothing better to do than to see how many times I can make you post back. Post back with zero substance and zero factual basis. It's alot actually. I seem to have lost count at about a bazillion.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry right-on

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEMVFD
    Living in Texas, I do not recall ever seeing an article or anything about Bush flipping people off.

Not only that but there's been books published from Bush haters(i think i spelled that right?) they'll do anything to give Pres. Bush a bad rep!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ff4christjd
    Not only that but there's been books published from Bush haters(i think i spelled that right?) they'll do anything to give Pres. Bush a bad rep!!!

And there is a long list of books being published by Clinton haters. Both sides have their opportunists wanting to tap into their respective radicalized markets.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Look at what the other choices were, Kerry??
    You mean the decorated Vietnam combat veteran?
    Yeah, we remember him. He volunteered for combat duty overseas, while your man spent most of his time in a drunken stupor while protecting Houston from the NVA.
    How could we forget??

MembersZone Subscriber

You mean the decorated Vietnam combat veteran?
    Yeah, we remember him. He volunteered for combat duty overseas, while your man spent most of his time in a drunken stupor while protecting Houston from the NVA.
    How could we forget??
    I would pick my battles a little more carefully than this, buddy. I think the Swift Boat Veterans pretty much debunked this argument.

They lied? Than how come Kerry ran away from them like a scared girl rather than standing up for the truth?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    I would pick my battles a little more carefully than this, buddy. I think the Swift Boat Veterans pretty much debunked this argument.

They lied? Than how come Kerry ran away from them like a scared girl rather than standing up for the truth?
    Quite the opposite. It was the Swifties who were debunked. Several received the same decorations for actions they claimed didn't happen.

Which incident are you talking about? The one where he pulled a SF troop out of the water and received a Silver Star? The troop who got pulled out wrote an Op Ed for the WSJ (a conservative newspaper) detailing that is exactly what happened. The troop went on to be an LA County Deputy and admitted registered GOP.

But we do know Bush spent a lot of time in a drunken stupor in Houston while thousands of men his age were being sent to Vietnam. Like all good conservatives he supported the troops. Which takes a lot of courage when your 13 time zones away.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Quite the opposite. It was the Swifties who were debunked. Several received the same decorations for actions they claimed didn't happen.

Which incident are you talking about? The one where he pulled a SF troop out of the water and received a Silver Star? The troop who got pulled out wrote an Op Ed for the WSJ (a conservative newspaper) detailing that is exactly what happened. The troop went on to be an LA County Deputy and admitted registered GOP.

But we do know Bush spent a lot of time in a drunken stupor in Houston while thousands of men his age were being sent to Vietnam. Like all good conservatives he supported the troops. Which takes a lot of courage when your 13 time zones away.
    BINGO!!!

It's funny how you can find what is seemingly a credible article making light of something potentially wrong with our President, and the ultra-conservative crowd jumps on it and madly defends the man....even when it is well documented he has had a problem with alcohol.

Yet, they will drag up anything they can find to make a liberal look bad....

BTW, Isn't Abramoff a conservative???
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Forum Member

Abramoff played both sides of the fence.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

He volunteered for combat duty overseas
    I don't think the Navy was using the swift boats on the rivers at the time Kerry volunteered for them. After he got in they started sending them into combat up the rivers. That would take the edge off of "volunteered for combat duty".

P.S. Has the timing and other discrepencies with his discharge ever been explained? I seem to remember reading about his Honorable Discharge not being issued untill 1976.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo
    Abramoff played both sides of the fence.
    That's true Cap, he did...and it sounds like a lot of players on both sides of the fence are gonna go down with him.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Thread Information