Thread: I Told You...

Forum Member

Default I Told You...

This goes back to August, but this was taken from a non-partisan news source.

I knew we made a mistake with this guy...

Bush's Obscene Tirades Rattle White House Aides

While President George W. Bush travels around the country in a last-ditch effort to sell his Iraq war, White House aides scramble frantically behind the scenes to hide the dark mood of an increasingly angry leader who unleashes obscenity-filled outbursts at anyone who dares disagree with him.

“I’m not meeting again with that goddamned bitch,” Bush screamed at aides who suggested he meet again with Cindy Sheehan, the war-protesting mother whose son died in Iraq. “She can go to hell as far as I’m concerned!”

Bush flashes the bird, something aides say he does often and has been doing since his days as governor of Texas.
    Bush, administration aides confide, frequently explodes into tirades over those who protest the war, calling them “mother****ing traitors.” He reportedly was so upset over Veterans of Foreign Wars members who wore “bull**** protectors” over their ears during his speech to their annual convention that he told aides to “tell those VFW *******s that I’ll never speak to them again is they can’t keep their members under control.”

White House insiders say Bush is growing increasingly bitter over mounting opposition to his war in Iraq. Polls show a vast majority of Americans now believe the war was a mistake and most doubt the President’s honesty.

“Who gives a flying **** what the polls say,” he screamed at a recent strategy meeting. “I’m the President and I’ll do whatever I goddamned please. They don’t know ****.”

Bush, while setting up for a photo op for signing the recent CAFTA bill, flipped an extended middle finger to reporters. Aides say the President often “flips the bird” to show his displeasure and tells aides who disagree with him to “go to hell” or to “go **** yourself.” His habit of giving people the finger goes back to his days as Texas governor, aides admit, and videos of him doing so before press conferences were widely circulated among TV stations during those days. A recent video showing him shooting the finger to reporters while walking also recently surfaced.

Bush’s behavior, according to prominent Washington psychiatrist, Dr. Justin Frank, author of “Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President,” is all too typical of an alcohol-abusing bully who is ruled by fear.

To see that fear emerges, Dr. Frank says, all one has to do is confront the President. “To actually directly confront him in a clear way, to bring him out, so you would really see the bully, and you would also see the fear,” he says.

Dr. Frank, in his book, speculates that Bush, an alcoholic who brags that he gave up booze without help from groups like Alcoholics Anonymous, may be drinking again.

“Two questions that the press seems particularly determined to ignore have hung silently in the air since before Bush took office,” Dr. Frank says. “Is he still drinking? And if not, is he impaired by all the years he did spend drinking? Both questions need to be addressed in any serious assessment of his psychological state.”

Last year, it was reported the White House physician prescribed anti-depressant drugs for the President to control what aides called “violent mood swings.” As Dr. Frank also notes: “In writing about Bush's halting appearance in a press conference just before the start of the Iraq War, Washington Post media critic Tom Shales speculated that ‘the president may have been ever so slightly medicated.’”

Dr. Frank explains Bush’s behavior as all-to-typical of an alcoholic who is still in denial:

“The pattern of blame and denial, which recovering alcoholics work so hard to break, seems to be ingrained in the alcoholic personality; it's rarely limited to his or her drinking,” he says. “The habit of placing blame and denying responsibility is so prevalent in George W. Bush's personal history that it is apparently triggered by even the mildest threat.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Forum Member

Not that I am a big Bush supporter any longer, but exactly what is this "non-partisans source?"

If I recall correctly I have seen reports of many Presidents with tempers and filthy mouths - Nixon, Truman, LBJ........ So these guys can have a temper but others can't?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    Not that I am a big Bush supporter any longer, but exactly what is this "non-partisans source?"

If I recall correctly I have seen reports of many Presidents with tempers and filthy mouths - Nixon, Truman, LBJ........ So these guys can have a temper but others can't?

http://www.capitolhillblue.com is the source.

And no, I don't think it is right for any political figure to walk into their workplace and act like that. They can do what they want when they are not at work, but I don't see this kind of behavior for being appropriate for any elected figure.

Not to mention...if the report is true that he has been prescribed medication for "violent mood swings", I don't really think that is the kind of guy we want in control of our strategic military assets.
    Last edited by medicmaster; 12-27-2005 at 09:18 AM.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Please move you politcal rants

to a more appropriate venue, like Move-On. Org, or something.

But, since you started and I leave you with this...

John Kerry was the best you could throw at the Republican Party?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire
    John Kerry was the best you could throw at the Republican Party?
    So, just because I don't care much for the job that George Bush has done as the President, that automatically makes me a Democrat? I'm more of a middle-of-the road kinda guy. I cast my vote for the candidate who I think can get the job done.

I'll agree that Kerry wasn't a great candidate, but I certainly thought it was a better alternative to four more years of this idiot.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Red v. Blue

Okay, I am sorry....

the best "they" could bring to the table was JK.

GW may not be the right one. But, its who we have...

(McCain in 08!)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire
    (McCain in 08!)

I'll agree with you on that one!

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Disillusioned Subscriber

Funny thing, the author of this "article" and publisher of the site, Doug Thompson, wrote a number of articles that he later had to retract as false (upon legal advice) after he had used and vouched for the credibility of an unnamed "CIA advisor and government source" later named under pressure as Terrence J. Wilkinson. This Wilkinson was found to be non-existant by multiple investigators independent of Mr. Thompson. Thompson then claimed that he had been duped by Wilkinson for nearly 20 years, and fed false information.

This is the Reader's Digest version of the story, but it seems enough to question the validity of anything this guy wrote, especially in the absence of other sources reporting these purported "facts".
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

Please move you politcal rants
    Yes, please do. We all know that the only people who are allowed to initiate political threads here are conservatives.
    What were you thinking???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com is the source.
    (snip)

Not to mention...if the report is true that he has been prescribed medication for "violent mood swings", I don't really think that is the kind of guy we want in control of our strategic military assets.

Heres Your Sign!
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Living in Texas, I do not recall ever seeing an article or anything about Bush flipping people off.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer
    Funny thing, the author of this "article" and publisher of the site, Doug Thompson, wrote a number of articles that he later had to retract as false (upon legal advice) after he had used and vouched for the credibility of an unnamed "CIA advisor and government source" later named under pressure as Terrence J. Wilkinson. This Wilkinson was found to be non-existant by multiple investigators independent of Mr. Thompson. Thompson then claimed that he had been duped by Wilkinson for nearly 20 years, and fed false information.

This is the Reader's Digest version of the story, but it seems enough to question the validity of anything this guy wrote, especially in the absence of other sources reporting these purported "facts".
    You beat me to it. I love the objectivity of the line about alcoholic that is in denial.

This "nonpartisan" source also has such objective articles posted as:
    "Dealing with a Modern King George" and "Big Brother's Deadly Reach".

It would be hard to believe your credibility could go any lower, but you did it. Nice job.

Forum Member

Might just be me, but I would think if any of this was actually true, it would be all over the press all the time.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Surprised no one has mentioned the cocaine use. Move-On.org reports that the bush administration imports a kilo a week!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RadRob
    Surprised no one has mentioned the cocaine use. Move-On.org reports that the bush administration imports a kilo a week!
    Is that all?

Clinton (while Governor and later as President) was smuggling hundreds of millions of dollars of cocaine into Mena Airport.

No wonder this administration is such a disaster. Always thinking 'small time'.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

This is the video of Bush doing his one finger salute.

click here

He was abviously playing around.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Forum Member

If Bush was doing all this stuff illegally, you'd think he could figure out how to remove the caps off the binoculars.
    IACOJ Attack

Disillusioned Subscriber

From Snopes:
    ...another photograph of President Bush taken from the same sequence as the one above demonstrates that even if his binoculars did initially have their lens caps in place, they weren't there for long:
    Last edited by Steamer; 12-30-2005 at 07:02 PM.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEMVFD
    If Bush was doing all this stuff illegally, you'd think he could figure out how to remove the caps off the binoculars.
    Same could be said of President Clinton. There is a picture of him doing the same thing.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/binoculars.asp
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

From that same Snopes page, though...
    In these particular cases, a close-up examination of the photograph of President Clinton reveals blurriness around the putative lens caps indicative of digital manipulation:

Forum Member

Ya, so? Bush picked them up, looked through, noticed the caps were on, removed them, looked again. Is there a point to any of this?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Actually I wasn't trying to make a point. We all make mistakes or do something stupid every once in a while. Like it says there on snopes, we just don't have a hundred cameras watching us 24/7.

Bush has done somethings I like, some things I don't.
    IACOJ Attack

Forum Member

Ya, so? Bush picked them up, looked through, noticed the caps were on, removed them, looked again. Is there a point to any of this?
    The cons had to fake their photo, and the libs didn't?

MembersZone Subscriber

It isn't about stupid crap like this. This is from the same Snopes piece:

Whether real or manipulated, these photographs demonstrate nothing beyond the trivial.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    It isn't about stupid crap like this. This is from the same Snopes piece:

Whether real or manipulated, these photographs demonstrate nothing beyond the trivial.
    Yet here we all are.

Thread Information