MembersZone Subscriber

Default Chiba Flame FighterŪ Gloves

Anyone tried this glove or have any comments on it?

It can be found at the top of this page

http://www.anclotefire.com/firefightinggloves.htm
    Troutville Volunteer Fire Department
    www.tvfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

I saw a pair of them last month at a neighboring fire department. One of their guys is a part time salesman and he had a pair. From what I saw, I am not a fan. My understanding is that they are a combination Fire / Extrication glove. It looked and felt a little bulky for an extrication glove. I would rather wear my pair of ringers at an accident. For the price of those new gloves, you could buy a pair of fire gloves and extrication gloves. Just my thoughts

MembersZone Subscriber

The cuff is huge! Other than that it is a very dextrous glove to use. Not sure on NFPA ratings. Guys down my way have been using them for fire applications.

Forum Member

I'm using a pair.
    So far no problem with it. I've tested it in a flashover simulation and I will not go back with my previous gloves. But I agree for extrication or other work I'm using another pair.
    In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'm going for two pairs of gloves. A good rated pair for fire operations (the Chiba for that are very good) and another cheaper one that I'm replacing more often for draging hoses, extrications or other non fire condition work.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Good gloves,

These Chiba gloves are excellant.I wont go back to the old ones.These gloves have good dextarity compared to the other standard gloves.As for extrication way way way to hot.Definately use a differant pair.But for structure fires there perfect.Take care from Alaska,Rich

Forum Member

what kind of glove are you looking for? structal firefighting or extrication? if you looking for extrication go with a nice set of ringers and if your looking for structural, the pair i have i absolutley love! Shelby FDP gloves :http://www.thefirestore.com/store/product.cfm?pID=2398

Forum Member

My department bought a large quantity of these gloves and had 6 pairs fail in a live training exercise. Now the company will not return phone calls and does not seem like they are going to make good on them. I do not recomend these gloves to any firefighter using them for interior firefighting.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down dont get them

for auto accedents they would work ok however the guys above are right ringers is better for that perpose. As fare as at a strucher fires they are more flexable that most but have less thermal beraer because of it, and let the heat right throw the back of the glove cooking your hand. Iv had trouble with that and I dont go inside yet, when i do start going inside (in may) I will deffanly have a diffrent pair these will just cook you hands. Also the big cuff is nice once you get it on but takes a while to get on. Just my experache with the gloves in a small voll. department wouldnt was the money on another pair.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Chiba Gloves vs. Sleevemate Gloves

I just purchased (5) pairs of the Chiba Gloves to pilot for my department. The only real selling point for me was the fact that they could be used for extrication/rescue too. Currently, I purchase the Sleevemate Gloves from Morning Pride for fire fighting and Ringers for extrication for the entire department. I will be really interested in seeing if the Chiba Gloves will take the heat.

Forum Member

I've used the Chiba gloves a couple times, but honestly, in my opinion nothing beats the FireGuard Commander gloves. They go for about half the price and are not as bulky.

Thread Information