Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Question FireHouse USA Boston

Did the firehouse series on the DC get canceled? i haven't seen it on in a while. just wondering

Forum Member

Now there's a joke of a network.....Discovery Channel ! Yes Firehouse USA has been cancelled for reasons that the Discovery Channel described as "...Not a suitable time slot for our viewers...."

There is another post someplace on FH Fourms that goes further into the explinations but basically I can tell you this --- Another decent Firefighting documentry cancelled because it didn't give "them" enough ratings / viewers during prime time so instead D/C would rather air re-runs of guys playing in bird poop or three smows building the same kind of motorcycle week after week.

Now that's entertainment

Forum Member

Default firehouse

I think they would have gotten better rating if they skiped around to the different fire deptartments around the U.S. Just to show the difference in the agencies, and how they operate.

Forum Member

I think the problem was you never knew when it was on. I would LOVE for Discovery Channel to come and take a walk in my world.

Forum Member

i am 15. the show was hokey and i knew it, but i loved. if it was on on any other day than tuesday, i would have been able to watch it. on tuesdays i have a paper route to do. that takes me from about 4:30 to 7:30. firehouse came on at 7. (all these times are central, if you are wondering). that's the way life is though.....

Forum Member

There's still paperboys? I thought they went out with the milkman.

Forum Member

i live in small town iowa. we have the schwan man, ice cream man, paperboys. every once in a while you see the old trailers in parking lots like wal-marts that say "Get your hearing checked for free" of course the town has been around since early 1900.

Forum Member

Default Another Firehouse USA?

I know Boston got cancelled, but for some reason I think I heard something about a Firehouse L.A. USA

I think it was the way they talked. Darn Yankees

The worst part about discovery channel shows is how DC has the people talking script out what their going to say before they say it, then when the person goes on camera to talk it sounds phony. Am I the only one that notices this, it bugs the **** out of me. Lots of shows do it, american chopper, mythbusters, pimp my ride, date my mom, actually most of the crappy shows on mtv/

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Golzy12
    The worst part about discovery channel shows is how DC has the people talking script out what their going to say before they say it, then when the person goes on camera to talk it sounds phony. Am I the only one that notices this, it bugs the **** out of me. Lots of shows do it, american chopper, mythbusters, pimp my ride, date my mom, actually most of the crappy shows on mtv/
    You may want to spend a little less time in front of the television...

Don't worry George, I don't have time to watch TV anymore, so I dont have to watch that crap.

Forum Member

It couldn't have gotten cancelled, Firehouse USA Boston was just a pilot it wasn't meant to be a finalized tv program. The real one will probably be back on soon

Forum Member

nah i'd say the fork has been stuck in it. However it was on Tuesday or Wednesday for Discoverys afternoon show schedule so maybe they will still air it once in a blue moon.

I like the idea of having a show that goes to different fire departments. Ride out for like a week and then air the best clips you have. That way, people get to see whats its like outside of the big cities. Where fires are rare but where huge brush fires and bigger car wrecks happen

I doubt we will ever see a standard show operating like Cops does. In my opinion, I kind of liked The Bravest more than Firehouse USA, but neither one of them had much of a chance. I don't understand how CBS expected ratings at 1AM on a Monday morning (Sunday night). Firehouse had their show on at a better time, but still not a great time. How they can defend themselves by saying that dumb show about cleaning sewage and tarring roofs getting more ratings I just don't understand. It's like when I was working for a paving company, even beforehand, I would have had no interest watching guys push blacktop and roll it with a roller. Similar to cleaning up poop, there is no adrenaline.
    9/11/01 D.C. Joseph "Uncle Joe" Marchbanks
    Battalion 12
    Heaven In Harlem

Tim
    CFD #143

Forum Member

It was on at 7 which is the start of shift change! lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHawkins23
    It couldn't have gotten cancelled, Firehouse USA Boston was just a pilot it wasn't meant to be a finalized tv program. The real one will probably be back on soon

No it was the real deal.
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jakebty
    i am 15. the show was hokey and i knew it, but i loved. if it was on on any other day than tuesday, i would have been able to watch it. on tuesdays i have a paper route to do. that takes me from about 4:30 to 7:30. firehouse came on at 7. (all these times are central, if you are wondering). that's the way life is though.....

??? Don't even try delivering a paper to me after 5 PM. I'll wait for the morning paper to be delivered or watch the news at 5!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer
    ??? Don't even try delivering a paper to me after 5 PM. I'll wait for the morning paper to be delivered or watch the news at 5!!
    you ever here of thriftey nickel? greensheet? basically those free papers you see in the small rack on your way out of the grocery store with the cars for sale, homes for sale, odd jobs etc. only in a newspaper format. i didn't know people still watched the news (joking).

Thread Information