Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Loss

I hope its ok to post this here. I started two months ago. I was at 215lbs. I'm now at 195 lbs. My plan of attack was to start eating right and lifting weights again. I lift weights 6 days a week and alternate between lower body and upper body. Before I started I was only eating one big meal a day and that was it. I have since started eating 5-6 meals aday (mostly snacking). I start out in the morning drinking a large glass of milk with a multivitamin, banana, and an orange. a couple hours later I eat an apple, lunch is chicken breast with cottage cheese, couple hours later I eat another apple, after work I eat 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, then a sensible dinner. Before bed I usualy eat some more cottage cheese. I do adjust some days but it stays basically the same. OH, when I started I also was drinking 6-10 cans of pop a day. I stopped that completely. Here is my progress as of a month ago, I need to take some update pics. I slowwed down loosing weight but I'm gaining a lot of muscle as well.

pics on the left are from 10-13 I was 212lbs. Pics on the right are about a month ago. I was 200lbs. I'm 195 now, I still have a long ways to go.

I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

clipse
    http://forums.firehouse.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1  81526&dateline=1193075762

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LFD1MICHAEL View Post
    Mike, how much weight have you lost in 2 years? The above sounds like a hard core program, with proper diet and hard work a young guy should be able to lose 2# a week consistently. If you are working hard and not having consistent weight loss IT IS YOUR INTAKE. See the above posts for dietary inf. or get back here.

michael
    Michael, you are absolutely right it is my intake. That's the hardest part, I'm trying to cut down but it is not enough.

Mike

Forum Member

Alright cutting out Mcdonalds and all that other fast food S*** (no offense to all the people who love the stuff) and working out i have dropped 3 pounds in a week. I am now 212.4 instead of 215.9

Mike

MembersZone Subscriber LFD1MICHAEL's Avatar

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=FireBuffR1L2E3;759911]Alright cutting out Mcdonalds and all that other fast food S*** (no offense to all the people who love the stuff) and working out i have dropped 3 pounds in a week. I am now 212.4 instead of 215.9

THATS A GOOD START BUFF!, If you want to have life long success I SUGGEST YOU AGAIN LOOK BACK AT THE POSTS REGARDING CALORIES. The truth of the matter is fast food is not the enemy, poor self control is. Our slim friend from subway "Jared" might find it interesting that 6" tuna sub has about the same calories as a big mac! Eat what you enjoy to keep off of the denial / binge wagon. Control your intake and all will be good in the world! Keep us posted, we do care!

Forum Member

message deleted
    Last edited by FireBuffR1L2E3; 01-19-2007 at 04:33 PM.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=LFD1MICHAEL;760016]
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBuffR1L2E3 View Post
    Alright cutting out Mcdonalds and all that other fast food S*** (no offense to all the people who love the stuff) and working out i have dropped 3 pounds in a week. I am now 212.4 instead of 215.9

THATS A GOOD START BUFF!, If you want to have life long success I SUGGEST YOU AGAIN LOOK BACK AT THE POSTS REGARDING CALORIES. The truth of the matter is fast food is not the enemy, poor self control is. Our slim friend from subway "Jared" might find it interesting that 6" tuna sub has about the same calories as a big mac! Eat what you enjoy to keep off of the denial / binge wagon. Control your intake and all will be good in the world! Keep us posted, we do care!
    Sir, I watch my calories as best i can.(as good as i watch these forums) I'd say i eat about 1000-1500 calories a day.

When i was about 6 i was eating probably about 2000-3000 calories a day. Then again i was ALWAYS a chubby guy. When i was born i weighed 9 pounds

Mike

MembersZone Subscriber HenryChan's Avatar

I'm 5'7, still growing, and have about 215 pounds of me. I want to shave it to 160.

If you're caloric intake is only 1000 to 1500 a day you are not eating enough. The body requires a certain amount of calories a day, if it does not receive that amount several days in a row it will go into starvation mode and fight to use up any fat or calories. Muscle begins to be the fuel instead of fat.

Are you sure you're only eating 1000 to 1500 calories a day if you're around 200+ pounds? I'm 190lb and I eat about 3500 calories a day, and that's eating lean.
    Local 2068

Forum Member

Hey brothers
    I'm 6'3 and 230, i need to lose some weight before another acadmy, i wanan get down to 200 or so i've got basicly 8 monthes so it shouldnt be hard but i think if i can gain tons of muscle and just have that nice flat stomach i'll be happy!!

Thumbs up henry has it!

Are you sure you're only eating 1000 to 1500 calories a day if you're around 200+ pounds? I'm 190lb and I eat about 3500 calories a day, and that's eating lean.[/QUOTE]

1000 cals? Are you sure dude? do you use your measuring cup at every meal, count your m-m's and all fluids. I am 5'10" semi-sedentary and have to work hard to eat only 1,800 cals a day for weight loss. BUT IT TASTES SO GOOD, 2 MORE BITES WON'T MATTER, I HATE TO THROW AWAY FOOD I PAY FOR......

If our firebuff is early 20s, & 215# and anything but sededntary he should be eating around 2000 cal a day for 2# a week weight loss. At 1000 to 1500 cals, he just is eating up all that muscle he worked so hard to get.
    Again folks go to "mypyramid" on line and get the deal-ee-oh. In the time it takes to be entertained here, you could have all the answers you'll ever need AND ITS FREE!!!

Forum Member

I got a question if 3500 calories = 1 pound of fat, do calories from fat and all other calories count? I want to say that the 3500 calories = FAT CALORIES.

HELP

Mike

Cool

Calories are calories and they all count!
    Fuel is fuel 3,500 is 3,500. Is one fuel better than the other? does one get stored more? Balance of fat, carbs, and protien is great but not the magic bullet. Don't get caught with the low fat or 6 grams of fat marketing crap. Count your calories and use common sense.
    I also didn't see a weight report for this week
    Gain, Lose or tie????

Forum Member

1 pound heavier, although i tried my hardest. Thanks for the info Michael.
    I also do treadmill time every saturday. I do 30 minutes/day with 15 sec. sprints @ 7 MPH and rest for 45 sec. @ 3 MPH. I cannot do this for 30 minutes straight as my legs will start to hurt. So i do it 2 times once for 20 minutes and another for 10.

Mike

Forum Member

a little under 213

Mike

Default check your email

firebuff, check your e-mail / private message.

Default hey

I just found this thread, good work guys. I started out 9 months ago 5'8" 300lbs and couldn't run a mile hardly. Now I am 245lbs and can run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes or 4 miles in 40 minutes...still the same height though, wish I could work on that.

I started out small, doing cardio and light weightlifting 3-4 times a week. Now I try to do a 3-2 week. That is 3 days of hard lifting, 2 days cardio, and 2 days rest. On top of that, I try to keep the calories down to the basics, 2000-3500 depending on the day.

I am not so worried about weight loss any more, building muscle is the main goal. So, I may not be making to much change in my weight, but I will hopefully keep looking and feeling better and better.

Default ps

Almost forgot...I do a lot of boxing too. Not sparring, because no place around here for that, but heavy bag and speed bag work at least 3 times a week.

Thread Information