Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Hello from Iowa

Forum Member

Post Hello from Iowa

Hi everyone

I'll start out by sayin I joined the local fire dept couple yrs ago and have met some wonderful people...Its Amazing how the fire service sticks together like a family and can count on each other(on and off the fire scene). Well i am bout to take firefighter I class and looking forward to it ...I try to get as much training as possible..(so i know what the heck im doing on scene..lol)..Our volunteer fire dept has one of the fastest response times in the county where I reside. We have a few fund raisers to help keep us going and to help buy minor equipment that we need to do our job.Well ill sign off for now and if you would like drop me a line or two sometime ....btw..Happy New Year 2006......ME ....PS..Ask me about our Winter Waterball fight on Feb 25th if your interested.

Greetings and welcome to the forums from Ohio.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Greetings.. just moved to Albany from Clinton, IA.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FirefighterAl
    Hi everyone

I'll start out by sayin I joined the local fire dept couple yrs ago and have met some wonderful people...Its Amazing how the fire service sticks together like a family and can count on each other(on and off the fire scene). Well i am bout to take firefighter I class and looking forward to it ...I try to get as much training as possible..(so i know what the heck im doing on scene..lol)..Our volunteer fire dept has one of the fastest response times in the county where I reside. We have a few fund raisers to help keep us going and to help buy minor equipment that we need to do our job.Well ill sign off for now and if you would like drop me a line or two sometime ....btw..Happy New Year 2006......ME ....PS..Ask me about our Winter Waterball fight on Feb 25th if your interested.
    Hi from Oregon. This is a meet and greet so I will introdunce myself. I am a female firefighter (Retired) but I still have the adrenaline going. Retirement sucks and it is hard not to respond when I hear the sirens. I guess that will never change. I was a firefighter for 10 years started out in EMS at 13, search and rescue. oregon rains alot but the summers that come out weigh the rain. ya all take care and never lose the drive.

Forum Member

Greetings from another Iowa brother. Where at in the state are you located?

Forum Member

I just moved to Knoxville, Iowa from Fort Worth, Texas. In one year I will become a cadet (i have to be 16 to be one but i am just about to be 15) at the VFD (city) here in knoxville. Welcome to Firehouse.

Thread Information