Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Rosenbauer like ALF??

I know this one is going to go all over the map, but it's a new year so why not be the first.

We have all bashed ALF in the way the they aquired manufacturers to get into the fire body / aerial business. Buying Becker for stainless, and two others that escape me now for their aluminum and galveneal bodies. Then buying LTI & Snorkl for their aerial assests.

Is any different than Rosenbauer buying Central States, General, and RK to get into the business?? Are we simply buying the same products with a different name plate or is Rosenbauer putting any of their engineering into these lines??

I realize that Rosenbauer is a leader in the industry VS. ALF as a unit of DCX. CAn the same be said for Crimson in their aquisitions of Quality and Luverne???

Hold on Lucille...here we go!!

MembersZone Subscriber

If they were following the model set by ALF, then Rosenbauer could have done better than Central States and RK. Just an opinion.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

MembersZone Subscriber BVFD1983's Avatar

I realize that Rosenbauer is a leader in the industry VS. ALF as a unit of DCX.
    ALF is no longer a subsidary of Daimler Chrysler.
    Last edited by BVFD1983; 02-02-2006 at 11:25 PM.
    FTM - PTB

Thumbs down

If Rosenbauer doesn't fix their support structure and start supporting their product line I would expect to see them lose a considerable market share.As things stand right now they wouldn't be my top pick for a builder.As a "owner"of a Rosenbauer product I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED with product support. They lost two very good reps here in the NE for customer support issues.If they don't start paying attention soon,I expect to see them go the way of the dodo bird.Donnelly,you listening? T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

T.C.

We just took delivery of a Rosenbauer Central Division truck and there has been absolutlely no problems with it.

If your having problems I would suggest that you call Donley at 605-543-5591. The receptionist might ask you if you can hold for a second, but I assure you that Donley will take your phone call or call you back as soon as possible.

I doubt Donley reads these forums, so give him a chance and give him a call. Let us know what you find out.

Todd

I understand that Rescue 101 may be frustrated with the problems that have happened in his case. However, one area's (or person's) experience with a dealership does not make a case for how a particular manufacturer handles their customers and products.

EVERY big builder has had issues with one dealer or another. Pierce recently took away a dealership from (if I recall correctly) someone out east, in the last year or two. E-One has had dealer issues in the south I've been told from a source I trust (an big E-One fan to boot!). It isn't uncommon for bigger builders to look at who their dealers are, how they're performing and makes changes if necessary.

I've had experience with new apparatus from three manufacturers over the past few years, on two different departments. I am not going to drag names through the mud, but all of them have had issues with each rig. One's service was a joke, one was pulling teeth to get anything done (but they at least took care of issues) and the third has taken care of issues quickly with little fuss. I KNOW that all three are capable of building good rigs, and well respected in the industry.

Flame if you will - but what's true is this - burn a customer in one area only once, and you'll pay the price for a long time. And not just Rescue 101, and not just Rosenbauer.
    Last edited by npfd801; 01-03-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Guys,I/we have history with Central.To the tune of about a third of the fleet. This is NOT an isolated incident and it ISN'T with just one dealer.The support structure is crumbling and it WAS NOT good from the get go.I know the contacts out west but really,should I HAVE to talk to Harold to get some support for our rig? This isn't flaming guys;it's a grim reality and somebody out there had better start heeding the message.Or the next purchase at 750K plus will be going to someone who can.They just lost two real good guys out here from lack of support,how many more before they get the message? The product is decent but the support for it is NON EXISTANT.To the point of dealing with one of their competitors to get things fixed.If you're having good luck,I'm happy for you.All I want for my 3/4 mil is somebody I'll see again after the sale.And it doesn't appear that will be Rosenbauer. T.C.

Forum Member

I know Pierce gave GA to Ten-8 but cannot recall who had it before. I have said it before but a good dealership that provides service and not run-around/got your money see you later(next bid) will make any unit better no matter who builds it.

Thread Information