Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossfit

Here's an example of the progress I'm getting with crossfit. I pretty much run a 10 minute mile, a little faster if I really work. I've been doing crossfit (in addition to jogging) for about 2 months now. I went for a jog today and without even pushing myself ran 2 miles in 17:20. The effort felt the same as a 10 min. mile used to, and I've actually been doing less running than I used to. I didn't really understand about "VO2 max" until I started doing crossfit. As I do the crossfit workouts, I realized the kind of effort they require are similar to fireground operations. My strength is also increasing and I'm getting leaner. I used to do the 3x a week standard weight workout and 3 jogs a week, but am getting way better results by integrating crossfit into my fitness plan. I can't recommend it enough.

Forum Member

I've know about crossfit and been doing occassional CF workouts for more than a year now, and I've been sticking to the 3on/1off schedual for about 1 1/2 months now (strict) and I can't say more good about it! It's moldable to anything you're doing, it's the perfect GPP. The only things I've added more of to it are sprint intervals. On days like tomorrow (ME lift day, not too taxing compared to METCON days), I'll add a group of 3-6 30 second all-out sprints. I've done them twice and already noticing a difference in my cadio ability during WODs. If you want to physically be the best firefighter you can, you'll look into crossfit.
    -Josh Brehm

www.crossfit.com

Thread Information