Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Arsonist little bleeps!

I dont know how many of you pay attention to our community but we have had a we bit of a problem in the last month with an arsonist - actually dates back to the summer (dumpster fires) but after the gatway hotel fire http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=76141 Something snapped in one of our lovely arsonists. We were called to the Salvation army thrift store for a possible structure fire 1 week after the gateway fire. Fully involved saved three adjoining businesses - excellent attack and extinguishment. 11 days later we are called to the salvation army for a second time - on arrival we find heavy smoke billowing from the structure, due to previous fire damage we lost the remainder of the structure as the fire ran through the roof. 10 days later (boxing day) we are called for a dumpster fire, 10min later we are called for a structure fire (2 large sheds next to a dumpster) and another 10 min later a truck camper gets lit up. RCMP had one in custody (suspect) then dec 30 we get called for another structure fire - historic hip barn (1902). RCMP quick to act cuaght the little *****.

Long story short an 18 year old has been charged with a number of dumpster fires as well as the Initial salvation army fire. A 14 year old has been charged in connection with the barn - apparently wanted to take the pressure off his buddy - good Riddance!
    18 y/o is Neil Blondin - set a number of arson fires in a neighboring community and moved to High River 3 months ago....hmmm what a coincidence!

Happy New Year all!
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Glad they caught the lil bastard Dave. I was reading about some of those fires when I was in Calgary last week.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

Wow..its bad enough when its caused by a space heater or shorting wires

Forum Member

Dave, glad they caught the little psychos. We were noticing a trend of acceleration in your area, and hoping that they'd be caught before somebody died.

Forum Member

18 y/o Neil Blondin is in court today - assuming the way our court system works they will reserve a plea in court pending a 30 day psych assessment. Not sure on the young offender but I am sure he will get a slap on the back and told to smarten up! Oh yee of little faith in our justice system!

Will post more as I get it!
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

MembersZone Subscriber dburnemti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave404
    18 y/o Neil Blondin is in court today - assuming the way our court system works they will reserve a plea in court pending a 30 day psych assessment. Not sure on the young offender but I am sure he will get a slap on the back and told to smarten up! Oh yee of little faith in our justice system!

Will post more as I get it!
    Dave did I sense a little synicism(sp) in your post soooooo close to a federal election???? hahahaha

Good thing they caught the little @#$%@!@DS!!!!!

Hence though, now back to the real world of High River Fire and backing up 901... Stay safe bro, talk to you soon.
    Dave Burn
    (EMT-P Student)
    Effort only fully releases it's reward on someone who refuses to quit!

MembersZone Subscriber

Good to hear they got'em.....We've never had the problem of dealing with an arsonist out here - but the lads next to us had a retired ff torch a doz+ barns a few summers ago.......kept out department busy with m/a calls.

Hopefuly someone in the justice system relizes the severity of the situation....

Thread Information